Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

But Where is Aine?

Comments

• Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2019
    Here's my absolute QUEEN Aine. After that neophyte of a spellcaster Morgyn foolishly challenged Aine to a battle for the right to be Sage of the Untamed, Morgyn ended up in another dimension being attacked by grilled cheese sandwiches. Maybe they'll come back. Who knows? Probably not. They wont. All that matters is that Aine is in HER rightful place as the Untamed Sage and she's sitting comfortably in her throne knowing no spellcaster is going to try and take it away.

DhXMYGr.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    TX12001 wrote: »
    Just so you know Morgyn is transgender, that is why he looks feminine, he will even wear a wedding dress.

Morgyn is a sim and can be whatever we make him into.

And I don't know what any of that has to do with my post?
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    One day Morgyn was going about his business, when he suddenly found himself yanked into the Magic Realm. He bumped into Aine, and she told him that a Maxis playtester had just entered the Realm and it needed to be populated with spellcasters. Morgyn tried to explain that he already had a part-time gig walking dogs in Brindleton Bay, but Aine just shrugged and told him that dog walker wasn't a life state, and he was flagged as a spellcaster now so he'd better figure it out.

Optimistic by nature, Morgyn decided he would make the best of it. Spellcasting didn't sound so bad, and it did rain an awful lot in Brindleton Bay. He'd always envied the NPCs who had indoor gigs. Maybe he could work his way up to being named as an official Glimmerbrook NPC, and live in a nice little house with weird staircases that went nowhere. A few days later he was hanging out in the Glimmerbrook bar, hoping to find a few quirky housemates with no chins, when Aine appeared again, dressed in a green apron.

"Sorry to spring this on you so suddenly, but someone called for a gardener and I got assigned. We need a new Untamed Magic Sage."

"Wait, what? Me? But I only just got here. And I thought you guys had special invisible properties that made you into sages and stopped you leaving your location?"

Aine shrugged again, gestured vaguely with her trowel and vanished.

Morgyn sighed, and finished his Dim and Gusty. Sage it was, then. He'd keep an eye on the jobs on his phone, though. After all, the employment situation in the Realm didn't seen stable at all, and they always needed baristas at the cafes in Windenburg.

Ironically, my mischief Sage got assigned to be a gardener and was walking around dressed like one...

You’re on to something by the looks of it lol

—T
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    One day Morgyn was going about his business, when he suddenly found himself yanked into the Magic Realm. He bumped into Aine, and she told him that a Maxis playtester had just entered the Realm and it needed to be populated with spellcasters. Morgyn tried to explain that he already had a part-time gig walking dogs in Brindleton Bay, but Aine just shrugged and told him that dog walker wasn't a life state, and he was flagged as a spellcaster now so he'd better figure it out.

Optimistic by nature, Morgyn decided he would make the best of it. Spellcasting didn't sound so bad, and it did rain an awful lot in Brindleton Bay. He'd always envied the NPCs who had indoor gigs. Maybe he could work his way up to being named as an official Glimmerbrook NPC, and live in a nice little house with weird staircases that went nowhere. A few days later he was hanging out in the Glimmerbrook bar, hoping to find a few quirky housemates with no chins, when Aine appeared again, dressed in a green apron.

"Sorry to spring this on you so suddenly, but someone called for a gardener and I got assigned. We need a new Untamed Magic Sage."

"Wait, what? Me? But I only just got here. And I thought you guys had special invisible properties that made you into sages and stopped you leaving your location?"

Aine shrugged again, gestured vaguely with her trowel and vanished.

Morgyn sighed, and finished his Dim and Gusty. Sage it was, then. He'd keep an eye on the jobs on his phone, though. After all, the employment situation in the Realm didn't seen stable at all, and they always needed baristas at the cafes in Windenburg.

Ironically, my mischief Sage got assigned to be a gardener and was walking around dressed like one...

You’re on to something by the looks of it lol

—T

It might have been your post that gave me the idea!
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    storyy wrote: »
    Popping in to say I know a woman named Aine, and she actually pronounces it like "Ahn-yah" - I believe it's an Irish name but I could be wrong. Pointing this way of pronunciation for anyone who is interested in this take, not to correct anyone. I'm sure there's several ways to say it.

ON topic: I was definitely surprised to not see her in the HQ! Seeing Morgyn instead was definitely unexpected, and I'm liking some of the theories posted on here. You should take them and go more in depth in the Speculation category, it could be fun to read :)

Well, Áine’s name has an accent mark, but the community dropped it for some reason. But that’s also an interesting way to pronounce it. Thank you for sharing~
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I gave the premade sages makeovers, and made L.Faba look a bit like Aine as well. I still would like to see her added to the gallery because I'm not great at recreating sims.
    u6GuoSz.png?1
    tvgvwNO.png?1
    wWfwsLe.png?1

Ah! How did you get the vampire eyes to work on spellcasters? For some reason my game won't let me select them. The swatches are there, but clicking them doesn't do anything.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I gave the premade sages makeovers, and made L.Faba look a bit like Aine as well. I still would like to see her added to the gallery because I'm not great at recreating sims.
    u6GuoSz.png?1
    tvgvwNO.png?1
    wWfwsLe.png?1

Ah! How did you get the vampire eyes to work on spellcasters? For some reason my game won't let me select them. The swatches are there, but clicking them doesn't do anything.
    I have CC/mods that unlock all the vampire details for any Sim.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @HeyYoDiscoNick the mod kita mentioned is this one: https://fogity.wordpress.com/mods/unlocked-cas-parts/
    a really nice thing about it is, since all the stuff it unlocks is actually in the game, you can remove the mod from your game files (i always just plop it onto desktop to move right back in later) and the sims made using it can be uploaded without being flagged as cc
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    u6GuoSz.png?1
    tvgvwNO.png?1
    wWfwsLe.png?1

This is a bug that showed up with RoM. They should have access to those swatches so hopefully a fix is coming soon.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    Here's my absolute QUEEN Aine. After that neophyte of a spellcaster Morgyn foolishly challenged Aine to a battle for the right to be Sage of the Untamed, Morgyn ended up in another dimension being attacked by grilled cheese sandwiches. Maybe they'll come back. Who knows? Probably not. They wont. All that matters is that Aine is in HER rightful place as the Untamed Sage and she's sitting comfortably in her throne knowing no spellcaster is going to try and take it away.

DhXMYGr.png

Give Maleficent Vibes. I'm here for it. She screams mischief to me.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    mika wrote: »
    And I edited Morgyn to make him look more interesting and powerful. He looked like a potato-faced teen before and I hated it, now he's debonair

qJuf1xk.png
    EG5tLYr.png

Do you have him in the gallery?

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    storyy wrote: »
    Popping in to say I know a woman named Aine, and she actually pronounces it like "Ahn-yah" - I believe it's an Irish name but I could be wrong. Pointing this way of pronunciation for anyone who is interested in this take, not to correct anyone. I'm sure there's several ways to say it.

ON topic: I was definitely surprised to not see her in the HQ! Seeing Morgyn instead was definitely unexpected, and I'm liking some of the theories posted on here. You should take them and go more in depth in the Speculation category, it could be fun to read :)

Thank you for this explanation. As someone who is not a native English speaker her name didn't make much sense to me. Although after reading this I think I might just change het name to Anya, a more phonetically spelling of the pronunciation you mentioned. That way her name makes more sense in my Dutch game.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's been over a week and not one guru has popped in to say boo about Aine or any of the sages from the announcement trailer. It's obvious that they don't intend to. Several players have made some excellent versions of their own and I made a set for my own game, so I suggest we let the gurus get back to finishing the Uni pack in time for Black Friday.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It's been over a week and not one guru has popped in to say boo about Aine or any of the sages from the announcement trailer. It's obvious that they don't intend to. Several players have made some excellent versions of their own and I made a set for my own game, so I suggest we let the gurus get back to finishing the Uni pack in time for Black Friday.

Tbf, we barely see the gurus here for anything now. They’re all over on twitter. Maybe people should try asking there, you’ll get a response eventually

—T
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I found her on the gallery right after the pack came out, not official but very well done. Btw the dress is the uniform the untamed sage gets when replaced by a female spellcasters by default... So makes sense that Morgyn has both uniforms.
  • Options

Tbf, we barely see the gurus here for anything now. They’re all over on twitter. Maybe people should try asking there, you’ll get a response eventually

—T

I think a few asked there first and reported no responses.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    L.Faba turned into this in my game :D

Aine.png?dl=0
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    L.Faba turned into this in my game :D

Aine.png?dl=0

Aine is a trend setter. ;)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited September 2019

—T

I think a few asked there first and reported no responses.

I tried asking on twitter and didn't get a response either. I @'d both SimGuruRomeo and SimGuruNinja, who were very actively answering RoM questions before the pack released, and didn't get a response from either. I also commented on one of the official The Sims twitter account's RoM related posts and didn't get a response there either. I tried leaving a comment on a RoM pic from their instagram too, and again no reply (even though the Sims insta did reply to a lot of my other comments when I was just saying something nice about the pack).

It's really frustrating that they don't answer questions like this. It'd be nice to not be left in the dark and at least have a Guru come say that Aine was lost during development/marketing/etc.

Though, why respond to us asking her name in the first place if they weren't gonna upload her to the gallery? They should have avoided answering that first question before the community fell in love with her. There would be less disappointment that way.
  • Options
    I find it strangely odd that the guru's have all but disappeared on this subject.

In the announcement trailer, when Aine meets Morgyn at the portal, as they are walking in the HQ, Thomax(?) gives him a dirty look. Maybe he had a foreshadowing of Morgyn overthrowing Aine and taking her place. :D
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »

I tried asking on twitter and didn't get a response either. I @'d both SimGuruRomeo and SimGuruNinja, who were very actively answering RoM questions before the pack released, and didn't get a response from either. I also commented on one of the official The Sims twitter account's RoM related posts and didn't get a response there either. I tried leaving a comment on a RoM pic from their instagram too, and again no reply (even though the Sims insta did reply to a lot of my other comments when I was just saying something nice about the pack).

It's really frustrating that they don't answer questions like this. It'd be nice to not be left in the dark and at least have a Guru come say that Aine was lost during development/marketing/etc.

Though, why respond to us asking her name in the first place if they weren't gonna upload her to the gallery? They should have avoided answering that first question before the community fell in love with her. There would be less disappointment that way.

Thank you very much for trying so hard to get answers for us!

They really do seem to be ignoring the subject. It's very disappointing. So many people really did fall in love with her. You're absolutely right.

• Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

They really do seem to be ignoring the subject. It's very disappointing. So many people really did fall in love with her. You're absolutely right.

Maybe some of the gurus who worked on this pack went on vacation after the release?
  • Options
    Enigmalady777Enigmalady777 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Forgeron said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Because Morgyn looks exactly like Michael Langdon from AHS: Apocalypse.

I thought I was the only one who was thinking this! Maybe Michael Langdon was their inspiration when creating ROM (to a degree, I guess).
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member

You're welcome! I really want to be able to download the official version of her too, if they ever upload her.
    Brinn wrote: »

Maybe some of the gurus who worked on this pack went on vacation after the release?

I hope that's the case, and when they get back I hope they can find what computer she's saved on and get her uploaded. XD
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I really want them to add Aine, and the trailer version of L. Faba into the Gallery. I also wish they'd upload the Moschino trailer sims.