Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your playstyle?

Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
what kind of way do you play the sims mostly? (if you chose "other" comment what it is!) I would add all of the above by the way, but I don't think I can change poll options

EDIT: when I say Nuclear Family, I don't mean a typical mother, father, 2 kids. I just mean at least 2 parents (of any gender) and at least 1 child.

also, for all of these options pets are included if you want (I couldn't be bothered to write Single Sim and Single Sim + pet n all that stuff)
Post edited by Fallenxroses7 on

What's your playstyle? 194 votes

Nuclear Family
37%
Akl500Pauroraael14vancanuckfan86tams2578Stace1234566Nh6650Bluefairy286RayneCharleySamadamsPlayerlaurastalstoryyBlkBarbiegalsims2freak737BreeNillaIsb917asimbsimyesme88haneulIrdiwensimgirl1010 72 votes
Single Sim
11%
LaBlue0314bekiEricTheLoonMizz_TriceytinaestelleAquariusMomRavager619WolfNateCheiriPixieAngelEb95adele_katrjssimHermitgirlMDianaSimsStrawberryYogurtdreamprisonerCupidCazualKarmaThemrsg4422simskeleton 22 votes
Couple
5%
Icewolfapplefeather2thistle0tattooDrewRowlandpsychoticaStutumcalipossBabySquareCherryBerryCloud2fab4ubooFallenxroses7 11 votes
8 Sim Hell
8%
Frn0731Colorist40icftlduBabykittyjademariajane216sillyangel0906March306pinneduphairLivinitypoltergeistsofasimAriaMad2ambaraPrincipleOfEntropySeekFreedom96NushnushganayDelete 17 votes
Roomates
5%
AmeliaVampiricDeKayEnkiSchmidtpuderosasimsTodilooGeralt_ofRiviaLumikkaPrink34320V2petewentos_000keyMysticJinx 11 votes
Other
31%
IceyJPlayerSinger2010Writin_RegJestTruashcrash19Hestiataydevduhboy2u2Echovafallenangel66blueyblueskyChampandGirliefloridameerkatSweetieWright_84Jultan3SindocatDevilNDisguiseTrashmagiclasummerbWinifred_Willow 61 votes

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Nuclear Family
    I couldn't choose two, so I just chose family. My families are usually made up of 7-8 sims.
  • Options
    Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    Couple
    I couldn't choose two, so I just chose family. My families are usually made up of 7-8 sims.

dang, that sounds so hard oml. I can't play with more than two sims without resorting to tons of mood cheats
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Other
    All of the above.

I mix up my play style depending on my mood and lately I've been playing more with families.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Couple
    Oof, I misvoted. I was meaning to pick single sim. Thank you, nervous jittery hand! :P
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    I have a variety of saves, but I think my actual favourite is Crazy Cat Lady - single sim, fill the rest of the slots up with cats. Preferably some of those weird strays where you zoom in to look and them and HOLY YIKES WHAT IS THAT FACE???
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Other
    Went with Other because "all of the above".
    My main save is a family with a few couples households in the same save that I rotate to. My second most used save was a single sim for a long time who now has an adopted toddler. I think if anything, I *don't* play the typical nuclear family with 2 kids (I had one & the moment I got to that place I got bored with it) or roommates. Everything else is fair game :D
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I like to play the whole community, so yes to all of those.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    8 Sim Hell
    I chose 8 sim hell because no matter where I begin, I soon end up with overflowing households because I just love breeding Sims to see what the kids will look like, though some are more interesting than others. Boring sims get left to do their own thing, but the ones I get fascinated with tend to have kids with this one, that one, and the other one, because I love seeing what happens with different pairings. When a fave Sim has kids with 3 or 4 other people, it isn't too long before that household has 8.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Other
    I don't play by just one style and with modifications i can play upto 25 sims if i wanted. if you thought 8 sims weas hell? try 18 toddlers and 3 babies with 3 teenagers and 1 young adult., now that is hell! :D

i've played all the styles there are plus a few others.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Single Sim
    I usually play a single sim for a long time. Eventually they'll get married. By the time they have kids though I get bored and start a new family elsewhere
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Nuclear Family
    I was torn. I play families mostly, but they all have like 6+ kids (sometimes using mods to bring in foster kids too haha)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Roomates
    I play roommates and families. For the latter I prefer large blended families.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    8 Sim Hell
    This option made me laugh, because it is... exactly how to describe my playstyle. I love having big families in The Sims, but oh boy does it get hectic.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Other
    I start as a single sim who dates searching for the one, then they become a couple, who marry and have kids so nuclear family and sometimes it grows to 8 sims. I sometimes start with roomates too. I have rotational saves not rotational families and have different rules and goals in every save.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    Other
    I prefer to create a sim, marry them, and then make as much drama as possible. And somehow, I'll mix in vampires or mermaids. I would so spellcasters and aliens but I don't have the necessary packs.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Other
    I like to mix it up. So I play all of these ways.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Nuclear Family
    I play families. Playing only adults with no family progression is boring to me.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited September 2019
    Other
    Making orphan sims live together in a fallout shelter, having a cemetery lot where I kill off sims at, sims boarding schools, artsy sims living in Andy Warhol-esque lofts in addition to the options above. My neighborhoods are weird.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other
    I have been playing Sims for a long time now, so I have played with all of the different households and premades since the Sims 1 by now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Other
    I play rotationally, so all of the above.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Other
    All over the place. My main is your standard single Sim on his own, got a few other single Sims, a few couples, a pair of siblings (the Vatores), a bunch of households with roommates/friends, and yeah, a few nuclear families somewhere around there!
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Other
    I play "all the above".
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other
    I rotate between various evolving households. I've played any of these situations at some point.

"8 sim hell" is a funny name though. I sometimes play like that but I take breaks from the chaos.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    8 Sim Hell
    Of course I switch it up all the time to keep it interesting but mostly I play 8 to 11 sims with cheats of course. I never played a single sim and never will.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Nuclear Family
    Whatever I start out with, I usually end up with a family. I considered clicking 8 Sim Hell because I often end up with a very large family, but I think the family is the point of that, not the 8 Sims.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports