Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Do While Your Game Loads?

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Other (explain)
    My loading screens last around 10-12 seconds so I've no time for anything else!
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Leave my computer to do something else
    My loading screens are fast, but out of habit I usually go get a drink. I guess its a ritual from my Sims 3 days.
  • Options
    My loading screens are fast, but out of habit I usually go get a drink. I guess its a ritual from my Sims 3 days.

During each load screen? I travel a lot in my game...
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    VieraRedMageVieraRedMage Posts: 42 Member
    Back in my day, when The Sims 2 bright, shiny and new, 20GB of custom content for TS2 easily meant over 1hr loading time. My mom capitalized on that waiting period by having me and my sister do chores, or had us launch the game before dinner and then by the time we were done eating it would usually have loaded. We usually found something to occupy ourselves with otherwise.

Downloading that amount of cc over DIAL-UP INTERNET was the true waiting test, though. (A single 40MB file could easily take 4-6 hours to download, and you better hope the phone line didn't get interrupted, or else!) So, uh, yeah. The sound of a phone ringing when I'm online still makes me automatically tense to this day, lol.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited September 2019
    Watch the loading screen
    Sometimes I’ll check Twitter quickly.

Back with TS3 it could sometimes take more than 20 mins (way more sometimes) to load on my old MacBook, a bit less on the newer one.
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Simmify wrote: »

During each load screen? I travel a lot in my game...

Just the initial one in the beginning, and maybe a random one a couple of hours later.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    It loads quick enough that I don't really have time to do anything
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Other (explain)
    Well back in the days of Sims 3 and playing Sims 2 on my terrible terrible old computer, I would brew myself a pot of coffee, read the business section of the news paper, walk the dog, iron my best suit, organize my spice cabinet, take a shower and by the time I get back the 20 minute loading screens would be finished.

On Sims 4 however I would brew myse-Oh game's loaded.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Watch the loading screen
    Just wait to play.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Watch the loading screen
    One thing im happy about is that TS4 has such short loading screens so I can actually watch my screen instead of going to make me some breakfast :p
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Other (explain)
    My load times are under a half minute or less - not time to do anything.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Usually I go get a fresh cup of coffee
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Watch the loading screen
    Origin is installed on an SSD i have, but TS4 runs off a SSHD and it only takes a few second to load, but not nearly enough time to do anything with. If i ran it from an SSD it would cut that down but a few seconds at least. When Windows 7 support goes out the window in 2020, i'm moving across to Linux and hope Origin works on that via WINE, if it all works well i can wipe everything and reinstall the whole lot and with better SSD's. Already got a 1TB M.2 drive waiting for heavier use.

Don't have any intention of running windows 10 in 2020, not when there is a more powerful alternative without the bloatware, and for the same reasons i would like to get rid of Windows 7, but WINE wasn't developed enough to be considered an option a few years ago.

anyway, as stated, i don't really have the time on loading to consider doing anything else.
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Watch the loading screen
    My PC isn't a beast or anything like that, but my game's loading screens are usually no longer then 8-15 seconds. That not very long so I just sit and watch the plum bob spin or read a tips that show up.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Watch the loading screen
    I have Sims 4 running on an ssd, so loading just takes seconds to load. Mostly I watch the loading screen.
  • Options
    WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    When I travel a lot I sometimes do this
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Other (explain)
    The game is on my SSD, so it takes like 3 seconds to load. I simply move my mouse in a circle.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Use another device
    I'm on an old iMac (though not Lion, wohoo!), so it usually takes at least 5 minutes to load the game.
    I might go make myself a coffee and some snacks, or check social media on my phone.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Watch the loading screen
    Same my load screens last no longer then 5 seconds ALTHOUGH if we are talking about load screens between lots I might actually get up and get a snack (kind of like a signal to take a break lol).
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2019
    Watch the loading screen
    Stare at the screen. Maybe let a fart go. It only takes seconds.
  • Options
    RGR_GamingRGR_Gaming Posts: 19 Member
    Other (explain)
    On the ST3 you could ask this question but sims 4 loads actually super fast :hushed: of course not on a potato computer :expressionless:
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Watch the loading screen
    how long are your loading screens, man?
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited October 2019
    Do something in a different window
    I think my PC is more bloated than I thought... I actually have loading screens! I usually go do something else. Or maybe I just have the attention span of
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    Use another device
    I let it load while i scroll social media on my phone, usually.
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Use another device
    So_Money wrote: »
    Stare at the screen. Maybe let a fart go. It only takes seconds.

I want to reply that mine can last longer than a second...oops, maybe I just did! :D