Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which packs did you deactivate/uninstall?

Comments

• Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    I own them all and haven’t deactivated a single one. I don’t regret buying any either.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I own everything except MFPS and Moschino. Didn't really deactivate or regret anything (mostly because I got most of them discounted), but I tend to use Spooky Stuff the least
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I own them all and love them all.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    Why you would deactivate a pack than you bought?

Ditto. :D
  • Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    Seasons, uninstalled, very much regret buying it. Also regret city living (just wanted the BB items), and get famous (only wanted the bigger lots, but the world is really ugly and small). The BB items were what I wanted (and bigger lots to create on).
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I own City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Vampires, Bowling Night Stuff, and Laundry Day Stuff.

I for sure use Vampires the most, second would be Laundry Day, then third City Living.

I haven't uninstalled any of them, though thinking about doing Seasons/Get Famous for a bit.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have them all so far - thank goodness - could not imagine not having them all and using them all. Would never deactivate any. Can not imagine why would I ?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I currently have cats & dogs, get famous, spooky stuff and the Moschino stuff pack deactivated. Up until yesterday I also had seasons deactivated as well. I own most of the content with the exception of vampires, my first pet stuff and island living.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    What don't you like about Seasons @SimChi

The rain and gloomy weather annoys me personally. Willow Creek is dark and dreary each time I start a save.
    Post edited by SageOfGlimmerBrook on
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    Simmify wrote: »
    What don't you like about Seasons @SimChi

The rain and gloomy weather annoys me personally. Willow Creek is dark and dready each time I start a save.

Bugs, lag, making places dreary, inability to customize the weather (like in sims 3 you could set if you wanted rain, snow, hail, fog, and you could set the temp)- also loathe how it affects plants. Yeah, Willow Creek is such a beautiful place (with the exception of the ugly industrial area/background)- and the weather stole the beauty away. Also found the claims of "added gameplay" to be false. The things (like flower arranging) were not really anything more than 'fluff' (which got boring after a couple arrangements). I thought the BB items would be great, but there wasn't really anything exciting in this pack at all. Overall, really (super) disappointed in the pack- and had to disable it to actually get back what I lost from installing it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    I do not own Moschino and I don’t plan on buying RoM, at least not anytime soon.

I use items from Fitness and Get Famous the most.

I deactivated Seasons once because I was having problems with the calendar but I turned it back on.

I regret buying Island Living and Luxury Party for starters. Can’t remember the names of the rest of the packs right now.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I own all and play all. I regret nothing.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I am very selective about which packs to buy, so I had no need for this. There are some features I use less than others but none I'd outright hate.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    All of them, use them all fairly equally, deactivated none, no regrets.

This exactly. My only disappointment OP was how laundry day was handled, still don't regret buying it though.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I've never deactivated any. I don't really see a point to.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm surprised how many people chose seasons because it brought the game to life for me! I understand where everyone is coming from though. I know one time a thunder storm destroyed my camping trip. After hiding away in a tent for a whole day my sims packed it up and went home lol but it was fun. Which reminds me how some one here mentioned how sims are affected by the weather and don't actually enjoy it. That part annoys me. They run from rain freeze from cold or snow, burn from heat. End up spending most of their time in doors because of weather ugh.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Why you would deactivate a pack than you bought?

Because it looked better in the trailer/screenshots than the actual game which isn't as fun as i thought it would be, like Get Famous for example.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I deactivated City Living and Vampires. I find myself going backwards now and seeking basegame builds only.

How do you uninstall a pack? I could do with some more memory.

https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks

This is how I did it but you can uninstall the whole game and then select which packs to download/install again.
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I did not know that you can even deactivate a pack. How do you do that? Not that I am going too, just nosy lol

https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks
    This is how you deactivate packs
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I own all packs. I don't want to deactivate any of them, but if I had to pick one, it would be Strangerville because I don't/haven't used anything from that pack save the laptop and a window since it came out.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I own everything but MFPS and I refuse to buy it. :D
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't own Moschino, but haven't deactivated any of them. Sims 2, Sims 3, and the Sims 4 all run on my computer fine with the packs installed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I have everything but My First Scam Stuff.

I don't regret any of the packs, because I buy them mostly for build/buy and CAS. I stopped buying packs for gameplay now, and therefore I'm never disappointed lol
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I own them all and play them all. I don't regret purchasing any of them, even my least favorite My First Pet stuff pack, because I got it on sale, along with Cats and Dogs.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Own all of it except MFSP and do not regret buying any of it. They all add something I use with all my sim families. Could not imagine deactivating.