Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of EA not guess what ?

Tired of EA not telling us what will come next what is the big secret there is no excitement and anticipation anymore when they were doing Sims 3 we at least had excitement. Sims 4 is boring.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    Tired of EA not telling us what will come next what is the big secret there is no excitement and anticipation anymore when they were doing Sims 3 we at least had excitement. Sims 4 is boring.

Big facts
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I did like knowing what's coming up in the next 3 to 5 months. I hoped that they would do that again but no peep about if the University Expansion will come soon or not.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

My recollection is slightly different. What I remember was 3+ months of waiting for a pack to be released after it was announced. I absolutely detested that. Rather than excitement, I found it torturous. I much prefer finding out what's coming shortly before it releases.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I like some notice of what is to come, it shows the game is still living and gives us something to look forward to and talk about in advance. However I would not want to know too far in advance if it was just one item at a time. The thought of a 3+ month wait for one thing would annoy me. I would tip over from enthusiastically anticipating to getting bored of the idea and not being interested. The way it was done this time with a six month overview but the first item to arrive soon was great.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I liked how they announced the packs coming in a 6 month time period. The only problem was 2 out of the 3 themes were horrible for me so the excitement was not there after Island Living release it became I'm going to have to wait until October or longer for another pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I appreciated the roadmap for upcoming content. I hope it continues.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I liked the roadmap where they announced what types of packs were coming. It would be nicer if they specifically told us what those packs would be like they did at EA play though. As of right now, it's pretty annoying just sitting around and waiting and not knowing if the next pack will appeal to you or not. Even if they didn't say what the exact name of the pack was, just the theme of what it would be is enough for me.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    "IceyJ wrote:
    My recollection is slightly different. What I remember was 3+ months of waiting for a pack to be released after it was announced. I absolutely detested that. Rather than excitement, I found it torturous. I much prefer finding out what's coming shortly before it releases.

This exactly ^ The waits in between packs for TS3 were tedious. I'd rather know how many there are going to be in a certain time (not necessarily the details - just how many) than not at all. If they told us exactly what each pack was going to be months and months in advance the long wait would just be boring.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    They gave us a roadmap in April with the next 3 packs, which are indeed delivered in that timeframe. I felt that worked very well.

The game being boring is a personal thing :).

This. Also, they literally just announced a release date for a new pack (they indeed told us about months ago). I'm not entirely sure what other big news the OP is expecting to hear about right now? Them focusing on an upcoming release isn't exactly being secretive.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    A lot of the announcement decisions come from legal -- a lot of laws regarding content have tightened up since Sims 3 days. What if they announced a pack and it turned out they had to change direction? Some folks out there might want to sue for false advertising and such. Getting a general schedule (EP/GP/SP) at the start or halfway through the fiscal year seems to be working well, then as they get farther along and looks like the pack is a "go" they can give the general theme, like they did this year with the April announcement followed up by theme announcement at EA Play. I hope/expect a similar announcement in October for the second half of the fiscal year. Maybe a bit different (2 SPs instead of a GP) but it gives them enough freedom to play around with themes and scheduling.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I personally like that we don't know when the packs will happen and what they'll be. It adds some mystery to it, and as a writer, I always value mystery.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

But this isn't Sims 3-it's Sims 4. If ou find Sims 4 boring,why not do what I often do: Play Minecraft....see what awesome games are on Facebook....play Neopets or Marapets or PowerPets....even Garry's Mod is fun to play! I can help you learn things on those sites if you need help on them.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I mean I still have fun with the game so idk if I'd say its boring, but I do miss the quarterly teaser trailers. It was nice to get an idea of what was coming up.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I agree @CAITLINX354 it was nice to get a little teaser to whet the appetite and let us know something would be happening. It kept the thing alive.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I like the surprises that come with the Patches almost every month and some, I feel, do give me an inkling of what we might be getting in the next pack. I'm getting to the stage, wait a bit, I haven't finished with the last pack yet! :)
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I actually like that we got a 6 month announcement of what to expect. To me that was enough to keep me excited. I'd prefer they do it this way over staying quiet.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2019

About TS3 and TS4, TS4 sold more of units... "Be boring" brings more money than "Excitement" :p !
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

About TS3 and TS4, TS4 sold more of units... "Be boring" brings more money than "Excitement" :p !

I don't know if they actually sold more units, since seven million or was it seven thousands downloaded a free game this past May. It makes me wonder how many would have downloaded a free T2 or TS3? Maybe more. Those were expensive at the time and not on sale for $5.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I personally like that we don't know when the packs will happen and what they'll be. It adds some mystery to it, and as a writer, I always value mystery.

My gameplay is pretty much frozen because now that I know Magic is coming, I think of stories where I need Magic to set up and play my game; imagine if I'd had to wait 6 months or more.

• Options
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I actually like that we got a 6 month announcement of what to expect. To me that was enough to keep me excited. I'd prefer they do it this way over staying quiet.
    I liked that we at least knew the type of content for the first half of the fiscal year, even if we didn't learn the themes for a couple of months At least it shut up the "Sims 4 is dying" talk that tends to develop during a period of no news. I really hope we'll get a similar announcement sometime after RoM's launch for the last 6 months of the FY.

• Options
    MrsMorse1MrsMorse1 Posts: 19 Member
    I just hope they are more I dont know how to describe but "meaty/full" compared to IL. I dont care how big of an expansion or theme I just want more unique thing to do.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    They gave us a roadmap in April with the next 3 packs, which are indeed delivered in that timeframe. I felt that worked very well.

The game being boring is a personal thing :).

Yeah that was the best communication in a long time. It was nice knowing the next 3 packs.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't know if they actually sold more units, since seven million or was it seven thousands downloaded a free game this past May. It makes me wonder how many would have downloaded a free T2 or TS3? Maybe more. Those were expensive at the time and not on sale for $5.

Another way to trick the investors by increasing superficially the number of copies...