Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Born today, dead tomorrow

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Lquinn wrote: »
    So tonight I added my save of Jessica Jones back to the Culpepper Apts in the apt next door to where she died. After getting to know the couple living in her old Apt, she went inside and they all had a good cry at Jessica's urn. It was kind sick, but also funny.

This is so funny omg I love how random this game can be lol

I totally agree.
  • Options
    I am going to have to look for the sprinkler system.I was unaware Sims 4had one.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I am going to have to look for the sprinkler system.I was unaware Sims 4had one.

It is with the fire alarms. I always put mine outside the back door on a wall and it protects the whole house. I add a fire alarm where ever there is a fire starting object - like the science table, the stove, a fireplace - etc. The fire alarms seem to get sims to pick up toddlers and take them outside too which is cute.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member
    When I loaded the game for the first time, I made my first sim, I put her to one starter lot at Oasis Springs. First thing I did was make her to cook something .. fire and she dropped dead. Good first impression XD
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think that the only time that it has happened in TS4 is when I had a groom die of hysterical laughter at his own wedding at the park in San Myshuno. I wasn't ready for him to die so I dropped out without saving and came back. Typically, I would roll with it but not that time. I did watch everyone go from hysterical laughing to crying heavily before rebooting it.

Generally, my sims all make it and are just a bit uncomfortable when fires break out or when they get a shock.

The one that was most noteworthy in this category was back in TS2. I was not that experienced and I typically built my own houses which were usually ridiculously large mansions. (I no longer play that way). I built a house where I guess I forgot to roof it entirely, so there was a hole in the ceiling. I had a happy new family move in, a mom, a dad, two small kids and two dogs. Right after moving in, the mom went to take a shower and got hit by lighting while showering and died, so she burned to death ... in the shower. That's how I figured out there was a hole in the ceiling. I rolled with it and the dad had to manage the house alone.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    I think that the only time that it has happened in TS4 is when I had a groom die of hysterical laughter at his own wedding at the park in San Myshuno. I wasn't ready for him to die so I dropped out without saving and came back. Typically, I would roll with it but not that time. I did watch everyone go from hysterical laughing to crying heavily before rebooting it.

Generally, my sims all make it and are just a bit uncomfortable when fires break out or when they get a shock.

The one that was most noteworthy in this category was back in TS2. I was not that experienced and I typically built my own houses which were usually ridiculously large mansions. (I no longer play that way). I built a house where I guess I forgot to roof it entirely, so there was a hole in the ceiling. I had a happy new family move in, a mom, a dad, two small kids and two dogs. Right after moving in, the mom went to take a shower and got hit by lighting while showering and died, so she burned to death ... in the shower. That's how I figured out there was a hole in the ceiling. I rolled with it and the dad had to manage the house alone.

Wow, great story! It is true, anything can happen in the Sims.
  • Options
    GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I had a sim created to be a spouse for one of my sims. She died the day she was created from hysteria. I had to change my story line.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member

Wow, great story! It is true, anything can happen in the Sims.

Thanks! I definitely learned to check that the roof covers the entire structure from that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    With the sprinkler system in Sims 4 my sims have never died from a fire as the sprinkler always puts out the fires immediately. I have never even had to replace a stove or anything like i did in past Sims games.

But where do you put the sprinkler? It doesn't fit above the stove. Or above the counters. So it would have to be a few meters away from where the sim is cooking. How does it work, will the sim run to the sprinkler or? Does it cover the whole kitchen with water? They're so big I gave up on putting them up.

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Back when I first got Get Famous, I made a celebrity sim, and I went to go set up her morning routine while she was cooking breakfast, next thing I know, the oven is on fire and she is dead.

Another senseless Sim cooking death. What I do is make fruit salads for the first level or two, also I have never had a stove fire when making a grilled cheese sandwich. I don't know if it is a coincidence, or if fires just don't happen with grilled cheese, but I would be interested in any feedback.

I don't allow them to 'cook' until they're level 3 for this reason - it's garden salad and fruit salad until then.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Tistou the big grey sprinkler box goes anywhere on the outside of the house (one on each storey of the house). It doesn't need to connect to the inside alarms. What you put near the stove is the small white fire alarm object. It can be near not exactly above the stove. Also put alarms near fireplaces etc anything which causes fires. My systems are always a bit laggy so sometimes my sim can be quite black before the sprinkler starts.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Didn't know that, thank you! Since the June patch I've been getting lots of stove fires regardless of cooking skill level. Getting a lot of vegan sims now.
  • Options
    simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    One of my elder sims died of exhaustion after trying for a baby with his much younger wife. Technically more of a dead today, son born tomorrow situation... :#
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I created a new sim, and within the same day she was first played, she attempted to cook, but caught herself on fire. I tried to put her out, but she refused to do anything but died.
    That sounds a lot like my sister's first time playing The Sims 4. She hasn't played again since that.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited September 2019
    I was busy playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge a few years back. My Gen. 2 Heir was in the Detective career. He took his family camping, including his younger brother and my very first playable ghost Founder. His wife, Jade (the premade, as per the rules) made them a meal on the BBQ without incident. Into the evening she talked with her brother-in-law, who shared a secret with her before he took off for parts unknown. By then it was almost dawn. Knowing her husband and their two young sons would likely rise early, she decided to fire up the BBQ to make breakfast. Suddenly a huge conflagration occurred. She had no option to extinguish self, nor could her husband or ghostly father-in-law do a thing to help her. I sat and watched, horrified. Jade became my very first playable Sim to die in the game. I was blogging about my Legacy at the time and this lent itself as great fodder to the story unfolding in my game. With all of the mysterious deaths happening in and in front of the Willow Creek police precinct, this appeared suspiciously like a MobWives Hit. I had fun with it, but it was sad to lose her all the same.

https://galacticgals.blogspot.com/2016/01/generation-twochapter-eight-it-wasnt.html

https://galacticgals.blogspot.com/2016/01/generation-two-chapter-nine-death.html

https://galacticgals.blogspot.com/2016/02/generation-two-chapter-ten-case-against.html
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I created a new sim, and within the same day she was first played, she attempted to cook, but caught herself on fire. I tried to put her out, but she refused to do anything but died.
    That sounds a lot like my sister's first time playing The Sims 4. She hasn't played again since that.

Wow, that's too bad. Although, she may be like me and get overly attached to her Sims. I have a rule, that when a sim dies I don't reload. However, recently I have recreated a Sim that cried at her own urn.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    In one game (this had to been not long after the release) I just added this family of sims and started playing and the first thing that happened was the mother dying because she started a fire trying to cook. I think she deserves the award for the shortest lived/played sim lol.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have not had a Sim death in TS4 yet, knock on wood. But with Realm of Magic right around the corner, this incident from TS3 is still fresh:

My first Witch ever, based on the evil, crazy uncle in The Magician's Nephew. Got his little starter home arranged, sold a spare bed, got him an alchemy station, then sent him off to the Alchemy Consignment Shop, saw the Jelly Bean Bush out back. "What fun!" I said. "I wonder what this does?"

Pick and eat ONE bean.

X.x - dead.

• Options
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    In one game (this had to been not long after the release) I just added this family of sims and started playing and the first thing that happened was the mother dying because she started a fire trying to cook. I think she deserves the award for the shortest lived/played sim lol.

If real life cooking was like it is in the Sims, there would not be a population problem. 😉
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    @Tistou the big grey sprinkler box goes anywhere on the outside of the house (one on each storey of the house). It doesn't need to connect to the inside alarms. What you put near the stove is the small white fire alarm object. It can be near not exactly above the stove. Also put alarms near fireplaces etc anything which causes fires. My systems are always a bit laggy so sometimes my sim can be quite black before the sprinkler starts.

Oh, wow thank you! That makes it so much easier to decorate! I'm gonna have safer houses now. Thank you! ^-^
  • Options
    I've never had an emotional death by accident before. I always thought it had to take a LOT of effort. But I made a techie Sim, and got married to a recently aged-up Malcom Landgraab straight away. I sent them on a 'honeymoon' to Granite Falls and made a nice, modern barn resort for them, with hot tub and pool. Get Famous had just came out so my sim was experimenting with the Drone while swimming in the pool and chatting with his new husband. Apparently that made him hysterical - the recent wedding, the swimming, and using the drone at the same time. Telling a joke to his husband is what pushed him over the edge apparently. Dead as a doornail.
  • Options
    I've never had an emotional death by accident before. I always thought it had to take a LOT of effort. But I made a techie Sim, and got married to a recently aged-up Malcom Landgraab straight away. I sent them on a 'honeymoon' to Granite Falls and made a nice, modern barn resort for them, with hot tub and pool. Get Famous had just came out so my sim was experimenting with the Drone while swimming in the pool and chatting with his new husband. Apparently that made him hysterical - the recent wedding, the swimming, and using the drone at the same time. Telling a joke to his husband is what pushed him over the edge apparently. Dead as a doornail.

I don't think I have died by an emotional death yet. Can you woohoo yourself to death?
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

I don't think I have died by an emotional death yet. Can you woohoo yourself to death?

Umm, yes, I guess you can, technically. If Elder Sims Woohoo more than once back to back, there's a good chance they'll get the Dangerously Tired Moodlet, and that usually causes Cardiac Arrest.

I suppose Woohoo might cause extreme Happiness, or Hysteria, as we've been mentioning, too, if the Sim of any Age was already super Happy or Playful when they engaged in the Woohoo. Weddings are quite dangerous that way, especially for Goofball or Cheerful Sims. They quite literally die laughing, of course.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Most of my sims die by deletion, lol. I never had unnatural deaths happen to my sims, ever. I think I hold the record for that. So, Valdius decides to dry a load of laundry without checking the lint tray and presto, a grand master vampire is dead from a dryer. I was so excited, lol! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.