Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Born today, dead tomorrow

I created a new sim, Jessica Jones aka Kristen Ritter and moved her into the unfinished apartment at Culpepper Apts.. This was a lot of work because I am not great at getting my Sims to look like someone who really exists and I normally do furnished. The one thing I did not know was the apt. had gremlins. At night all my appliances broke, so the next day I went to fix them. I started with the plumbing so I would build my handyman skills and not get electrocuted. On my second appliance I got shocked, but was distracted and did another one, at which point I died.

Jessica's urn lay on the floor and so I quit for the night. Tonight I started a new couple and moved them into the same apartment but this time without the gremlins, and there was Jessica's urn on the empty floor. I placed the urn on a table, and my new couple cry at it quite often.

Please leave comments, or your own story..

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I created a new sim, and within the same day she was first played, she attempted to cook, but caught herself on fire. I tried to put her out, but she refused to do anything but died.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I have lost lost more Sims by stove fires then anything else. If real life were like that, no one would ever cook.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Back when I first got Get Famous, I made a celebrity sim, and I went to go set up her morning routine while she was cooking breakfast, next thing I know, the oven is on fire and she is dead.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Back when I first got Get Famous, I made a celebrity sim, and I went to go set up her morning routine while she was cooking breakfast, next thing I know, the oven is on fire and she is dead.

Another senseless Sim cooking death. What I do is make fruit salads for the first level or two, also I have never had a stove fire when making a grilled cheese sandwich. I don't know if it is a coincidence, or if fires just don't happen with grilled cheese, but I would be interested in any feedback.
  • Options
    So tonight I added my save of Jessica Jones back to the Culpepper Apts in the apt next door to where she died. After getting to know the couple living in her old Apt, she went inside and they all had a good cry at Jessica's urn. It was kind sick, but also funny.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I almost feel left out because my sims don't die from electrocution and or setting themselves on fire while cooking in S4. Sure, they set themselves on fire, but I would have to just sit there and watch them burn if I wanted them to actually die. In fact, I didn't even know standing in a puddle while repairing objects could kill you in this version. I thought they'd nerfed it. I have had many a butler electrocute themself or maid start themself on fire with the dryer, however.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    I almost feel left out because my sims don't die from electrocution and or setting themselves on fire while cooking in S4. Sure, they set themselves on fire, but I would have to just sit there and watch them burn if I wanted them to actually die. In fact, I didn't even know standing in a puddle while repairing objects could kill you in this version. I thought they'd nerfed it. I have had many a butler electrocute themself or maid start themself on fire with the dryer, however.

You just made me realize that I helped with my own death. In reading your response I realized that I did not mop up the puddles. OMG, I killed my Sim. AAAHHH!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Lquinn wrote: »

Another senseless Sim cooking death. What I do is make fruit salads for the first level or two, also I have never had a stove fire when making a grilled cheese sandwich. I don't know if it is a coincidence, or if fires just don't happen with grilled cheese, but I would be interested in any feedback.

Yes, I learned from that experience.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    With the sprinkler system in Sims 4 my sims have never died from a fire as the sprinkler always puts out the fires immediately. I have never even had to replace a stove or anything like i did in past Sims games.

I did almost lose a few sims to fire using outdoor barbecues as that has no sprinkler system available - but found a way around that since JA came out and has those cans of spray that puts out fires instantly. My sims tend to use it with out being told if they have it in their inventory. The only thing that ever kills my sims I can't avoid seems to be emotional deaths.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    not really born and died in one day but close, my teen sim son got mortified at school but still made an a so I made a cake to age him up as he was talking to his sister and when I look back over he had died from embarrassment
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @lizisprocrastinating that's hilarious and horrifying. If only you'd left him as a teen until the mood swing had passed. They can't die from emotional deaths as teens if they're having a mood swing, thankfully.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    not really born and died in one day but close, my teen sim son got mortified at school but still made an a so I made a cake to age him up as he was talking to his sister and when I look back over he had died from embarrassment

Do you think that a teen dying from embarrassment code for suicide? That thought never crossed my mind till just now.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I created a new sim, Jessica Jones aka Kristen Ritter and moved her into the unfinished apartment at Culpepper Apts.. This was a lot of work because I am not great at getting my Sims to look like someone who really exists and I normally do furnished. The one thing I did not know was the apt. had gremlins. At night all my appliances broke, so the next day I went to fix them. I started with the plumbing so I would build my handyman skills and not get electrocuted. On my second appliance I got shocked, but was distracted and did another one, at which point I died.

Jessica's urn lay on the floor and so I quit for the night. Tonight I started a new couple and moved them into the same apartment but this time without the gremlins, and there was Jessica's urn on the empty floor. I placed the urn on a table, and my new couple cry at it quite often.

Please leave comments, or your own story..

One of my first sims died from that cow plant. His son's passing- old age- hit me harder as his son was the first Natural Causes death I witnessed in Sims 4.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    ....I did almost lose a few sims to fire using outdoor barbecues as that has no sprinkler system available....

Actually, the fire suppression system does work for outside grills! I had the panel on an inside wall of a house in the living room. The grill is outside on the back deck against a wall with a fire alarm above it. It took a long time for the sprinkler to deploy though. Thankfully, my Sim didn't die, but the grill was a complete loss and I didn't get any insurance for it either.

Perhaps if the grill hadn't been against a wall of the house and no fire alarm, the sprinkler wouldn't have deployed and I would've lost my Sim too, and maybe more than just the grill.

I've never had a Sim die within one day of creation. I'd probably just not save if it ever does. Unless I'm doing a challenge that doesn't allow such a thing. In that case, I'd probably rage quit for the day and/or cry. o.O lol I'm too sensitive when it comes to my Sims, they're my pixel babies! *pats heads of Sims*
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    If your favorite sims dies unexpectedly you can always find them in your library if you saved your sim & start anew.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Once, in Sims 3, I built a family and immediately sent their only child off to university. She walked into a building, tried to get a free soda, and was crushed to death by a falling machine. I stared in shock as the game took me back to my home world. Then I had Dad enroll in classes. He went to university, found her tombstone and took it home, then proceeded to do everything he could to revive her. I never ever let a Sim try for a free soda again.

I don't think I've had a single accidental death in Sims 4, but I feel your pain.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    If your favorite sims dies unexpectedly you can always find them in your library if you saved your sim & start anew.

Yes, see my last quote of Aug 24 above. 😊
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited August 2019
    I once had a teenage boy living with his single mother in one of the apartments. This boy was a good one and liked to help around the house. So on the day his mother was baking him a birthday cake, he went to get the laundry done and promptly died in a fire. Like, I literally wasn't even given the choice to extinguish him. He. Just. Died.
  • Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    So is it not possible to just close the game down without saving then open it back up and you go back in time? Sims still alive and avoid the issue that killed them.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    It is possible, but sometimes you just want to accept the plot twist. If you put your Sim down, then spend an hour making the house perfect or otherwise setting up the town, maybe it's less horrible to just keep going than to start all over.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    So is it not possible to just close the game down without saving then open it back up and you go back in time? Sims still alive and avoid the issue that killed them.

Yes and no.
    Sometimes it feels ok to let the game decide for you. Other times, it really doesn't work for what you had in mind. I have learnt to save often and especially before sending a Sim off to do repairwork or anything else that is potentially lethal.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    At the beginning when I started playing Sims 4 and I didn't have much experience on game play I created a family, parents and two kids. I forgot to make the parents married in create a Sim and I thought I'll just quickly make them have a romance and get them married, instead of just restarting the game (after fixing their relationship in CAS). I quickly maxed their romance bar and friendship bar and made him propose to her the next day after starting the game. She said no... and he got mortified and died.

I learned a lesson to never propose too quickly, but I still get nervous every time my Sim proposes.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not sure if it's possible in 4, but in 2 I build a little hut where my outdoor grill will go, complete with floor (usually stone or tile). The hut then gets an alarm and sprinkler, which will install because they are inside a hut. Sometimes I remove the extra structure, sometimes add a large arch. Even if a grill does catch fire, I've got double protection. I hate loosing any sims, and have been known to cheat code my way to the phone to grimmy and enough $ to pay the fee for a full resurrection. Again this is in 2.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2019
    I had just started playing Sims 4 like in January 2019. I made a sim named Deanna Troi, ya know from Star Trek. She looked nothing like the actress but I still liked her. Anyway. Deanna met Travis and got pregnant. She had the baby. He hadnt moved in yet but was staying the night one evening. She got up and left for work the next morning. Being the idiot he was, Travis decided to cook himself so eggs and toast and set the kitchen on fire. He ran outside doing the screaming panic dance in the yard. I brought Deanna home from work early to try and put the fire out. Well she was engulfed in flames and died. Since she was the only adult in the house, their baby was taken by welfare. Thanks Travis.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    So tonight I added my save of Jessica Jones back to the Culpepper Apts in the apt next door to where she died. After getting to know the couple living in her old Apt, she went inside and they all had a good cry at Jessica's urn. It was kind sick, but also funny.

This is so funny omg I love how random this game can be lol