Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did Yesterday Convince You?

So did the new trailer or LS convince you to buy it?
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Did Yesterday Convince You? 171 votes

Yes
21%
GoldmoldaricmnfrshJeanxbecky685xWrenryoveronIsb917elanorbretonwrenstalesernesdoTo7mbixtersSigzy05Sims4MagicalTalesAliakaraPotterheadSimcalipossloutredorMekoSharkandri 36 votes
Was going to buy it before today's vids
75%
CK213DerellaIcewolfsunhair2008jeepjeepcatbandit5alexspoom13IceyJCabelle1863BlkBarbiegalMartinvxosummerloverxorudolphaColorist40Phierakittenjonilla1PlayerSinger2010Writin_RegBloosmooStrangerthan 129 votes
Nope I hate fantasy elements/certain features annoy me too much
3%
aprilrosehaneulBagoas77MHsimsFanVivi_WillowTreepopstarsley 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I was going to buy it anyway, but I was very surprised with the amount of details and possibilities they put into it. I'm not going to lie, I was hoping my Sims would have the chance to become mages, but I guess that's only a minor missed opportunity compared to the cool spell system, the spellcaster ghosts and absolutely beautiful world.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    It was a nice trailer and a nice stream though ! SimGuruNinja and SimGuruRomeo are my favorite to have on livestreams.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I was convinced when they said magic, so long before.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Yes
    Yep and at first when I heard about it I was like “No way”, because it’s not my style of gameplay, I prefer the realistic side in the Sims. That’s why I didn’t get Vampires for instance (I hesitated because of the build/buy and cas though). Though I love Harry Potter and watch Charmed everytime they rerun it.

But then I saw the trailer and was stunned by the Magic world, and reassured by the fact Magic seems to be contained to that world so Sims won’t start randomely dueling in Willow Creek or San Myshuno for instance.

I do wish the build/buy was a bit more versatile though.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Yes
    I was hesitant on getting the pack because of lack of gameplay and the info that was out before the Live Stream wasn’t making it really appealing to me. (Only five lots in the main world? Ugh!)

But the Live Stream with its game play and the gurus answers when questioned about the pack helped flush out it and make it a must to me.
  • Options
    lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Yes
    Yes, LS and new trailer AND bug fixes from latest patch.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2019
    SimGuruNinja was the driving force behind the outstanding Vampires pack, so there was very little chance of Realm of Magic not being similarly excellent. The man's passion for these sorts of occult packs shines through. Regardless, it was still enjoyable to see the content in action.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Convince me that my initial position was right: I want this pack :D
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    All the trailer did was make me want it more.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Yep and at first when I heard about it I was like “No way”, because it’s not my style of gameplay, I prefer the realistic side in the Sims. That’s why I didn’t get Vampires for instance (I hesitated because of the build/buy and cas though). Though I love Harry Potter and watch Charmed everytime they rerun it.

But then I saw the trailer and was stunned by the Magic world, and reassured by the fact Magic seems to be contained to that world so Sims won’t start randomely dueling in Willow Creek or San Myshuno for instance.

I do wish the build/buy was a bit more versatile though.

It would be more versatile if you had vampires already ;) they mentioned quite a bit, CAS and BB go hand in hand with the vampire pack.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I wanted to buy it anyways and I didn't watch the whole stream/ video, because I fell asleep watching it.
    But it seems good so far, I am exited for all the new stuff and I might create a witch or two, but tbh I buy this pack for my husband. He loves the vampires ad he will defineteley love this magic pack, but I prefer my sims more on the realistic side :)
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Yes
    Yes it did... I think the GP is worth its price. 👍However, this is the first time I wasn't in love w/ the B&B or CAS, because it's not my style and so specific to this pack that I can't really use it in other worlds. 😦 I think the game's playable features and worlds are worth it though.
    Shockingly to me, I even think the five lots in Glimmerbrook are adequate. 😮
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,134 Member
    I planned on buying the game anyways. Still wish they added the hats though.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    It was a nice trailer and a nice stream though ! SimGuruNinja and SimGuruRomeo are my favorite to have on livestreams.

True dat :D And I know everyone's all over Ninja, but I honestly think Romeo is such a cute simguru 😁 watching him on the streams always makes me laugh.

Anyhoo to the OP: of course I was gonna buy it before but it was still a great stream!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I was never that interested as a mostly realistic family player but I was going to buy it anyway. The livestream did not make me want it more but I am impressed with the details they put in.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I’m still bitter hopeful but bitter. Over all I like the pack it’s just

I hate they made sages static NPCs why? I’m pretty sure the realm will continue to exist just fine without a sage.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    The gurus and the content were great, but the stream a technical mess.
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I hate they made sages static NPCs why? I’m pretty sure the realm will continue to exist just fine without a sage.

You can play them though? They'll just be replaced with new ones. Or why don't you like them? I think it's cool, personally, I always like worlds to have something unique like the mother in Strangerville.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I was going to buy it anyway.

I liked the BB, Art Noveau is a beautiful style and I am pleased that they have included swatches that don't have an overtly magical look as well as the crescent moon. Generally speaking I tend to think GPs are better value than EPs, especially lately. I am glad there's a new kitchen and the island units are included and match.

I hope there is enough gameplay to sustain the pack, that is the element that is the most lacking overall in the entire TS4. I am disappointed toddlers and children are once again overlooked and of course babies are just what they are, except in a nicer crib.

I would have liked to know that Aine was available and worried when they said she was a prequel, is she now dead? Will she be available to download from the gallery if that is the case?

I wish Glimmerbrooke were a little bigger but with a second, magical world included I think it isn't quite so bad this time. At least with it counting as a neighbourhood you will be able to travel through the whole place without loading screens, apart from entering buildings.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    You need another option: I’m interested in the concept, but I’m waiting to see other people play (LGR video, tumblr photos). I don’t trust EA.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

You can play them though? They'll just be replaced with new ones. Or why don't you like them? I think it's cool, personally, I always like worlds to have something unique like the mother in Strangerville.

I think people were maybe hoping they could BE a Sage, which isn't possible because of the "once you take control of one, they'll get replaced" (the way maids and such work).
    Personally, I like that they stay NPCs.
    The fact alone that they're the only ones to teach a Spellcaster the three special spells is reason enough why the world wouldn't be the same without them.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2019
    I missed the gurus (had an appointment and my phone wouldn't load anything, lol) But I did see the new trailer, about Morgan and I must admit I have been waiting on magic for five years...lol, so maybe. But I want to know a lot more than what I saw from a very short trailer, like how dangerous is the danger of the spells and or curses. I enjoyed seeing the Sim turn someone into a gnome, but is this just going to be a tense moodlet? I may reinstall and patch up my game and put up with that buggy Origin if it won't spoil/touch or patch my TS2 game and buy this pack if I can get more answers of how mean and devious can I go? :p>:) Just moodlets won't interest me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I planned on buying the game anyway. I enjoyed watching the game play, the build buy objects are a really nice addition to the game and it looks like they really did a great job with the development of this new GP.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I think people were maybe hoping they could BE a Sage, which isn't possible because of the "once you take control of one, they'll get replaced" (the way maids and such work).
    The fact alone that they're the only ones to teach a Spellcaster the three special spells is reason enough why the world wouldn't be the same without them.

Will our Sim ever become a sage and able to teach others? If not, bummer. Since we could become a master vampire and teach others.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Will our Sim ever become a sage and able to teach others? If not, bummer. Since we could become a master vampire and teach others.

@darrenfroggy oh that could be it ok. I prefer them being NPCs but I guess if you really want to be a sage that could be annoying.

@Cinebar actually I'm pretty sure they said during the stream that you can teach magic to other sims! And even turn them magical, just like vampires can. Lest I remember it wrong.