Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give us 3 of your Sim names for each gender

Comments

• Options
    SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    Female:
    Iris Costello - I wanted something that worked for an artist that moved from a big city in the northeast US to the islands.
    Lani Wasso - native child but just made it up.
    Yvonne Huddle - City native - loves doing everything in her city, creative, foodie, outgoing.

Eric Feldman - Blond, lanky, studious, computer whiz
    Kyle Morgan - Pro athlete living in a penthouse in Myshuno - it just sounded like a nice strong male athlete name.
    Robert Myers - A doctor with rugged good looks - seemed very... generic and mainstream.

I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • Options
    simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    Male:

1. Samson Musk. He had two sons with his first wife Hilaria, Jonathan and Benjamin, and with his second wife Charlotte he had Diona, Elon and Salome.

2. Bo Bidot. Named in honour of his father Jacobo.

3. Winston Churchill. I think this one explains itself :)

Female:

1. Emerentiana Barnes. The daughter of Dina Caliente and Philip Barnes. I actually found her first name when going through my IRL family tree. She has a granddaugther with the same name, who has an identical twin sister named Georgia.

2. Zinnia Clay Gilchrist. From one of the first families in my save.

3. Clementine Verdi. Her dad was Clement Verdi and her grandfather was Clemenzus Verdi. Naturally Clement had to follow the family tradition when choosing a name for her.
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2019

1. Malcolm Magnus Landgraab I. My plan was to name Malcom’s first born son and then all subsequent sons down the line of inheritance “Malcolm Magnus” and have them be the second, the third, etc.

This is great @QueenofMyshuno ! I play in German and Malcolm was always called Stefan in previus games, so Malcolm's descendents in my game are all called Stefan. :) However, Malcolm did not a son. He had four daughters (the game decided this, not me!) and he had to wait until his grandson was born, who also turned out to be the adopted son of his abandoned brother Johnny. B)
    1 & 2: Twins Noelani & Aoki Allocco - My main Sims in the avatar. They're my first mermaids born in game. I love giving my Sims unique names. They're still young so trying to figure out their personality. Noelani is the social butterfly so far and Aoki is very creative.

Very cute names @Sha2520032003 ! :)

Here are mine:

Female:

Marisol Landgraab: She is the daughter of Stefan Landgraab II and Aristea Romeo, daughter of Luna Villareal and Sergio Romeo. Marisol is a a Spanish nickname for Maria Soledad, a name for the virgin Mary. Sol also means "sun". She is named after her grandmother Luna ("moon") and after the grandmother of Malcolm Landgraab IV in Sims 2, Marion.

Nyx Borealis, née Nyx Grusel: (Grusel is the German version of the Goths) The names of the Goth family are inspired by he Greek/Roman mythology. Nyx is the daughter of Alexander Goth and Stella Terrano. Nyx is the Greek goddess of the night and she is half-alien.

Nephthys Salamander: Nephthys is the clone-daughter of Cherokee Salamander, the sim in my avatar. Cherokee mixed her DNA with that of a pink whale and an axolotl and created Nephthys. Nephthys is named after an ancient Egyptian goddess.

Male:

Asterion Borealis: Asterion is the grandson of Alexander Goth and Stella Terrano. Asterion means "star" or "starry" and was a king in Greek mythology. He was named after his grandmother Stella, whose name also means "star".

Ceto Salamander: Ceto is the son of Cherokee Salamander, the sim in my avatar. He is also the son of Juliane Grusel, who is named after the German version of Bella Goth in Sims 1, Julia von Spinnweb. Ceto is a Greek sea goddess and means "sea monster". The Kets are sibirian normadic people. Hence, his name is a mixture of the naming traditions of the Salamander and Grusel families.

Yuma Salamander: Yuma is Ceto's son and was born in the middle of a party. His mother is Yuki Salamander, née Behr. Yuki means "snow" in japanese. The Yuki are also the indigenous people of California. The Yuma are the native people of Arizona. Yuma is a japanese name as well, having different meanings, e.g. friendship and honesty.

Family tree of my Goth ("Grusel") family:
    https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/59721f02f3933d1a206d872e

Post edited by Freechheit on
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I often look up names online but left to my own device, I tend to get a little silly :)
    Male-
    Igno Ramos - Lazy, childish, young adult collector
    Justin Case - A gloomy, young adult musical genius who loves cats
    Tool Bag - An athletic child who is a social butterfly

Female-
    Goody Bag - Tool Bag's active, outgoing mother
    Charity Case - Justin's outgoing sister, who is also a slob
    Amanda Silva - Family-oriented, clumsy young adult
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't often use gendered names.

Trash Kan - Hipster snob and blogger
    Gimmie Cash - Grandchild of an old star
    Sparks Fury - Party? Anywhere, any time, any how.
    Dam Kool - Rock god
    Sasha and Alexi Rivalrie - Stemapunk, hipster, sibling band.
    Thrasher Moss - DJ. Oh, and related to that other famous Moss person in my game.

Edit: I forgot Sandy Parts. Who could forget Sandy Parts?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    edited August 2019
    M A L E
    corbin santorini - also known by his stage name "the big corbinski". he's a musician & aspiring content creator who's been trying to up his star rating by streaming his lavish trips with his best friends thorne bailey & joaquin le chien.
    rizzo berry - my gen 2 heir in my not so berry legacy. named after rizzo from grease, but is also a twist on raspberry.
    rocky santorini - he's corbin's oldest kid. named after a band called rocky loves emily and coincidentally has a daughter named emilie.

F E M A L E
    gunn metal - only the sickest name for the coolest child in my gray gen. she ended up being my heir because with a name like that, why would she not?
    persephone palmer-granate - okay, I love her name so much. her mother's last name & her father's last name when combined become palmer-granate, which sounds a lot like pomegranate. the pomegranate in greek mythology is associated with the queen of the underworld, the goddess persephone.
    baja blast - while her name is associated with a mint-colored soda, she's actually part of my orange generation.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Female

Rey Delmar- she's a member of my first merfamily, that happens to be royal. She's the heiress to the throne, hence the meaning of her name, Rey means king in spanish and delmar means of the sea.

Amara LaRue - Her name is the result of a matriarchal legacy in which the heiress' names all followed the alphabet. Her mother's name was Zenobia.

Temperance Solano - Her name was random. I was creating her as part of a challenge, she is a anti-hero type who plays by her own rules. Temperance sounded fitting and Solano has a nice ring to it.

Male

John Marshall- He was my Strangerville sim. He joined the Military Career and made Grand Marshall pretty quick. I've continued this family with at least one son each generation following his footsteps.

Harper Rhys Serenata- He was born into musically inclined family. He did grow up to become fine multi-instrumentalist. He's middle name is his mother's family name. She was the last of a legacy family

Julian DeBateau- He is sim of french extract and a relative of the famous businessman Armand
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    The only names I put that much care into are those in my legacy/rags to riches save file. Cool to see other people's names!

Males:
    Nathaniel Hawthorne - Some of you may know that this is the name of a famous author...I only realized this once I had named the sim lol
    Nicholas Hawthorne - Born on Christmas Eve, he was named after Father Winter (Saint Nicholas)
    Warren Hawthorne - The son of Caleb Vatore. I thought the name sounded vampiric and alludes to underground dens (a warren is a rabbit burrow).

Females:
    Janelle Hawthorne - Named in honour of her mother, Ella. The daughter of Don Lothario.
    Faith Hawthorne - The very first Hawthorne. I wanted her name to be earthy and sound hopeful for the long future ahead of her lineage.
    Button Hawthorne - Faith's granddaughter. Her mother, Penny was a fashion designer, so I thought it would be cute to name her daughter after something to do with fashion. Also a button is the same size as a Penny, so it sort of follows.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nonbinary
    • Jamie Forrest (NB/genderfluid). My main Sim! He/him or they/them pronouns. Adorkable geek with a love for bright colours and science. Loves bugs.
    • Lucc Madden (pronounced 'Luck', genderqueer). They/them pronouns. Grew up in Sulani on their parents' resort, is now living in San Myshuno and trying to make it as a musician. Breezy, bright beach pop, generally.
    • Gem Key (demigirl). She/her pronouns. An alien who loves hanging out with her housemates (see below!) and who is an aspiring artist.

Female
    • Aisling Greene. A deer girl and computer genius, and one of Gem's housemates (along with her half-sister Ana, who's human/spellcaster).
    • Sienna Morley. The last of Gem's housemates. A plantsim/fairy who is a huge jock and loves anything sporty. If she's not exercising, she's usually doing sit-ups somewhere.
    • Danica Bloom. An artist just starting out in a sketchy San Myshuno apartment. Hopes to make enough money to move to the Arts district so she doesn't have to deal with roach invasions any more oh god.

Male
    • Vivec Baird. A very colourful mixologist. Lives in a huge household with a bunch of others in Hound's Head in Brindleton Bay.
    • Jax Kilgore. Startling exterior, soft and mushy interior. In a loud angry punk band and wants to be friends with everyone (Friend of the World; cheerful, good, and clumsy), and is heavily involved in charity when he's not rocking out. Has an adorable Staffie named Tinkerbelle.
    • Donovan Gill. A gentle hippie who likes flowers everywhere.
    Post edited by ryttu3k on
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I've had an Asher Landgraab-Goth, but my Sims rarely live long enough to have kids...

And Asher had a twin sister named Audrey.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I mostly try to go for realism and I sometimes incorporate different cultures, so the names can be a bit random.

Some examples:

Ladies -

Isabel Decouvrier - This is a femme fatale character who is also a successful fiction author. She broke up Bjorn Bjergsen's marriage and married him though he had a few other entanglements. I was pretty amused at how he'd go to a community lot and someone would be sighing over him. Really Bjorn?! He was a high level spy so he was someone who liked his juice cocktails shaken, not stirred. Anyway, she's now remarried to a much younger man who dotes on her. She had a sister named Sybille who was also beautiful and who was more of a little homemaker always wondering when Isabel would be more like her. Never? I said that they were Cajun from Willow Creek and then Isabel moved to Windenburg where she is very European. She eventually had a daughter who looks like a young female Bjorn. I'll figure out what happens to her but she'll be very smart.

Lavanya Rasoya - This is Raj Rasoya's only daughter. They have royal lineage in India. She is very confident and proud. She has gone into politics in San Myshuno and she is optimistic about public service. Intended to marry traditionally, there was an actually really good-looking townie who moved in across the hallway from the Rasoya place and she insisted on marrying him. I think his name is Carter Shepard. Anyway, she's now Lavanya Rasoya Shepard. She had a pair of twin girls and named them Emerald and Ruby. They're still toddlers so I'll see what will happen to them but they will be kind of modern but with confidence that they are from a very proud family line. I picked the name Lavanya through a quick search, it means "beauty" and "grace" in Hindi.

Vondra Haymon - She is a fame mother now who moved recently from San Myshuno to Del Sol Valley. She wants her kids to be cultured but she also sees fame and Hollywood as tremendous opportunities. She is someone who mixes some fame with some commercial success. She is very beautiful but fell in love shortly into my playing her with another handsome townie (they do seem to exist in my game with only mild editing) and most evenings, she'd rather just relax in her spa bath tub than go anywhere. She also has a dislike of public restrooms. Her husband is named Adrien Broussard and is also French. I just made it up.

This is more than three but I really liked my StrangerVille hero, Martina Sandoval. She is really independent and defeated the events in the town without cheats (other than aging off for a while, but no money or mood cheats). She is a freelance programmer, very handy and very logical. She did fall in love with this townie, a buff military guy but she refused to get married until she'd battled it out and then she wanted to go into the jungle. She had some drama with the Roswells. Ted thinks she is really attractive but she picked the military guy who helped her reliably with the apocalypse. She has a daughter now who is also on her way to being very smart and independent.

Gentlemen -

Rickie Rockett - I shared this one in a challenge which was a lot of fun. In my own game, I've only played him a little bit so far. He is a hilarious character that I meant to look a bit ... like the French word for a shower. He's actually really funny and endearing though. He is Isabel's younger man. He lives his life without a care. He also loves pets and kids. Isabel happens to have a lot more money than he did but he was ok with living the simple life in Brindleton Bay in a beach cottage before they got together.

Dave Becker - This is a very average family guy of loosely German ancestry. He is very outdoorsy and he is happily married to his wife, Darla. They are a "seasons" household in Willow Creek. They enjoy experiencing the various seasons, taking care of their beautiful but frequently dirty dog and their kids, one of whom is a hot-headed teen who might rebel.

Zach Rosas - This was a townie boy along with his sister, Felicia that I made playable. He lives in San Myshuno and works in PR. He's very polished and tends to wear suits a lot. He lives in a renovated version of the penthouse in the Arts Quarter with his wife, Eliza, and two twin sons. I decided to play up his lastname by decorating his bedroom from Romantic Garden, so it's very romantic with columns and roses all over inside in the city. His sister is a firecracker but they have stayed pretty close. His place is really quite elegant. I don't know if I actually made up his name but I did make up the play on words with his name. He even got engaged in the whimsical garden by the fountain from Romantic Garden.

I tend to choose names based on some kind of back story or theme for the personality of a sim as well as heritage. Maybe the name maketh the sim? I've been playing a modern theme because in order to do a historic one, it would need to be completely immersive for me. I'd need to change all of the townies.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Male:
    Bob Keene-Friend. His last name was originally just Friend before he got married. I picked his last name intentionally because he wants to be the next Mr. Rogers.
    Dirk McAllister. An average joe who happens to be a scientist with an alien baby.
    Laurent Charmeuse. He is a pretentious but loveable stylesetter.

Female:
    Haleigh Bowman. She is an alien, and her last name is from Dave Bowman from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    Melody Asztaferai. She is a character I've had in my head since I was little. She is also my avatar.
    Julia Jones. She is another character from my childhood. She wants to be a singer like Aretha Franklin.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ima Mess she just that a mess she has the sloppy trait and she wears dirty clothes and she does not clean the house often she is just a mess.
    May Prosper her name was May Beetle but she married Gunner Prosper so now she is a May Prosper because I may have her prosper in the town.
    Patty O Furniture I fill her house up with furniture, all kinds of furniture, so hence the name.

Male
    Lawson D. Woods I have him be a dufus. He has the clumsy trait and the insane trait so I get him to be lost.
    Gunner Prosper. Is he Gonna Prosper? I dunno yet He's married to May Prosper
    Foster Prosper, Foster is the brother of Gunner so basically if Gunner is gonna prosper Foister is forsed to.

• Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    (honestly, I don't remember why I picked most of these names, I think I just fiddled around till something sounded right and seemed to fit the sim, so if there's no comment next to them, that's why)

Male:

Wade Hyde

Demario Rios

Quincy Kane-leRoux--this is the second adopted child of the first (I think?) generation of the garden legacy save. His sister Daisy is the "heir," but I wanted his name to also be plant themed, and quince is plant so...yeah, lol. And then he just has both his parents' surnames hyphenated, leRoux was my founder and Kane was who she married, which I mostly did cause I thought it sounded cool.

Female:

Raven Winter--she was adopted, and I kept her game generated first name. Then, when she aged up on Winterfest, I liked the idea of her having this "winter" connection, so I made that her surname and leaned into that vibe, buying her the cold weather resistance trait and that sort of thing.

Leah Hawk--I think I based her name on her parents, but I changed the last name to be her kind of "artist" "penname" type thing.

Giuliana Brock
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Armand Biscardi

Chase Williams

Devon Evans

Bonnie O'Brien

Anjelica Montiagro

Madison Lapoint

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Some of these pun name are hilarious. :D
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sasha Bowie (made musical like David Bowie) her husband DJ Roomba (parks n rec anyone)

Leif Garadino father to Samiria Garadino , wife of Leif and mother to Samiria is Lilith Vatore

Made human is Caleb Vatore married Lethia Cassius (my eccentric actress) now Vatore, son and heir Jackson with daughter Emelia who married Wolfgang Munch, the heir is dating Anastasia Calisti (my vampire writer)

My Blackwell family (vampires)
    Father, Evander Blackwell, married to Corrine, eldest son will be heir upon aging up Simeon, daughter Clarenda and toddler daughter Natalia

My Dracori Vampire family (parents evil) Father, Damien Dracori, married to Reyna, son (heir when age up) Valentin, his twin sister Emmalyn, young son Nikolai, toddler son Dominik

My Royal Family: Father King Cyril Romanov, married Queen Alvetta, heir will be son Soren, next child is daughter (teen) Ilisia, and her sister Mariela
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Male:

1. Wesley Robinson
    2. Ryan Lee
    3. James Lee

Female:
    1. Madeline Brenton
    2. Nadine Robinson (originally named Nadine Brenton, but got married)
    3. Margot Robinson
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No one is doing nonbinary or gender neutral names? Kinda surprised. A few of mine

KD Emerson - they prefer initials
    Avery Baulaire - he/him, but he's also a mom.
    Sage Honeycutt - some days he feels like a he, sometimes like a she.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    No one is doing nonbinary or gender neutral names? Kinda surprised. A few of mine

I did! (Up here.) But yeah, there seems to be a distinct dearth of NB Sims/names.

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I like to go for words or names that make fun combinations. I have dedicated a page in my blog for names only because many of them are finnish words that need a translation.

Male:
    Prospero Macchiato - Prospero just aged up to YA. He is self-absorbedand self-assured snob with fabulously welthy aspiration.
    Maltti Laukkanen - Translates Temper Canter. He is an outgoing hot-head who loves outdoors and has angling ace aspiration.
    Maple Stripes - The son or Syrup Pancakes and Claire stripes is an independent toddler with a twin brother called Syren.

Female:
    Lala Lee - A singer-songwriter who is also into some witchy stuff. She's an elder with public enemy aspiration.
    Kide Johto - Translates Crystal Cord. She's a new, asian looking sim I created. A cheerful, self-absorbed foodie.
    Faith Ohno - Faith is an angelic toddler, the youngest of the five member household.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »

OP specifically asked for female and male. I like your names. :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hmm...Interesting topic.

Males are obviously my 'boys' that I always play with:

1Peter Richard Williams: Oldest boy in the Williams household. Second name is taken from his father's first name.

2 Broderick (Brody) Samuel Williams: Peter's younger brother. Second name is from their grandfather. He's also only called Broderick when he's in trouble or at a formal function. I also have used the nickname "Broderbund" more than once...lol

3 Sakura Miruchi: Adopted son of the Miruchi family. His mother named him after her favorite blossom. His origins are closer to French

Females are interesting as I have characters called AIs that have names that aren't exactly normal.

1 Lo/////}error Glitch: The rest of the name is, well, glitched out so she usually just goes by Glitch. She's an Error AI in worlds, one of the first AIs I actually made. She's more of an antihero than evil.

2 CeeCee CooCoo (Pronounced Co-co if you ask her): Another one of my AIs, although not an error-type. Name is a play on CC.

3 Maria Stewart: Not an AI. Crazy I know. Her name is a play on Martha Stewart except she sells houses and not recipes.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    For Male
    1.Deshawn Roger(my avatar sim) - Good Slob Childish
    2.Ragnar Sigurdsson - Family Oriented, Genius, Hotheaded
    3.Edmund Frio - Unflirty Loner Gloomy - Grandson of ConnorFrioBebeHart and BellaMortimerGoth

For Female
    1. Bjork Hilmarssdottir - Evil Hotheaded NonCommital - Mother of Deshawn Roger
    2. Alva Ragnarsdottir - Childish Mean Jealous
    3. Jung Illona Roger - daughter of Jeong Venessa and niece of Deshawn
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Male:
    Darren Courtney - a professional boxer, step brother of Joseph.
    Joseph O'Neal - that's my current avatar sim, currently looking for a job, haven't quite made up his mind yet.
    Eoin McIntyre - a busy businessman living a hectic life almost 24/7

Female:
    Heather Oliveira - Joan's yoga instructor, Darren's childhood friend.
    Joan McIntyre, née Hamilton - spouse of Eoin, currently pregnant with butler's child.
    Bronach O'Hara - Eoin's secretary and secret lover.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.