Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need more pale skintones

Am I the only person with such a problem? I have a nordic type of appearance. Light blue eyes, pale white skin. And I can't create neither myself nor someone that has the same type unless I download new skin tones. There's a very few white skin tones, not to mention that most of them look tanned. There's only one color that's a little close to my own. And there is also vampire skin from the game pack, but of course it's too lifeless for humans. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    A few more couldn't hurt.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I totally agree. There's only like 3 and I feel like I use the same one over and over, because one looks too pinkish to me and the other looks, too pale and almost sickly looking. We have a huge number of darker tones so I'd love to see more varieties of lighter skins added.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    We need ones with a more purplish undertone (cool). All available lighter skintones now are too yellowish (warm) undertone.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I wasn't happy with the lack of skintones at either end of the range: super pale or super dark. I've since downloaded a lot of great CC skintones, but I know that doesn't help those who don't use CC.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'd love to see more skin tones of all shades in the base game but esp more mid-range tanned colors and more tones that aren't so red toned.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    We also need a light brown hair colour. My hair colour is between the lightest brown available (which really isn’t that light) and the darkest blond. It’s a very common hair colour and yet there’s nothing close to it in TS4.

And my hair is between the second blonde (not the honey-blonde) and the platinum. :(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    Idk northern human too and have sickly pale skin myself
    but the first ''natural'' shade is okay as a base for me though since it is cool toned (2nd one being warm toned)
    maybe because I am so used to not having any option of any kind for pale skin in games but it seems fine to me
    definitely more like ''if I stand in shadow'' sort of tone though but still quite okay

the problem is really the missing redness (which often makes people seem more alive and less corpse like while being pale)
    but sims loves to pretend everyone has perfect even colored skin so idk :confused: (and the blush options are just horrible)

hair colors are personally the bigger issue as ''ash'' anything does not exist
    and I do feel the blue eye colors look off for most part too though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hair colour, makeup, skin tones and tattoos - they are all too restricted. We definitely need more of all of those things.
  • Options
    MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    I wonder why won't they add more?
    We got YELLOW hair. Unrealistic, cartoonish yellow hair. But we don't have anything between dark brown and light brown.
    And I often think that purple hair color would be really nice, because it's one of the most popular hair colors among those who dye their hair bright. And it's going to look good on the aliens.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    We need a color wheel 😒
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    We also need red hair with greys in it and blonde with greys in it too, because currently we only have brown-grey and black-grey.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    We need a color wheel 😒

💯 This is the only way to satisfy everyone.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    Yes we NEED a Color Wheel. However, that may not happen it's been five years & EA MAXIS never gave us that. But, it would be nice if they add a pinkish/peach skintones, bronze/dark tan skintones, pinkish/grey skintones, purpleish/gray skintones & dark redish/brown skintones. Also, more colorstreaks on all hairstyles.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited August 2019
    I would LOVE to have more partially gray hair for all hair colors. And any new skin tones would be welcome. Also more freckles.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Yes I really wish we had more choice in the lighter skintones because currently there are basically two...and none of them look very good if you ask me. I also wish we had a light brown/dark blonde hair color, and strawberry blonde also. Those are basic hair colors. I am not talking about purple or neon green hair. Just the basic natural ones. The sims 4 is supposed to offer a lot of choice in character customization but the truth is the current CAS lacks a lot of basic choices that can be found in the majority of other games.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    We need a color wheel 😒

Yes please a basic colour wheel, we don't need the patterns like we had in TS3.

I also think some of the black hair is a bit on the grey or blue side, a colour wheel would be so easy to fix that.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited August 2019
    i agree, the lighter skins are all very orange-ish and the super pale skin is yellow (the vamp one is corpse grey).
    i can't imagine playing without cc skintones. the dark skintones are also not very varied.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Definitely agree. It was cool when they added the darker ones but I was hoping they'd do the other end of the spectrum as well. Both ends were equally horrible.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    We also need a light brown hair colour. My hair colour is between the lightest brown available (which really isn’t that light) and the darkest blond. It’s a very common hair colour and yet there’s nothing close to it in TS4.

Absolutely!! The brown hair is too dark, and the only other option besides blonde is that weird brown/gray hair.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Need more hair colors, especially brown hair colors.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Need more skin tones and hair colors tbh. I feel like skin tones would be easier to implement though. Hair color would have to be applied to all existing hairs in the game with all packs and that’s a lot at this point. As much as I’d love a different shade of brown and a non yellow strawberry blonde I don’t see it happening. Wish they’d do it though on maybe a few base game hairs if nothing else.

As far as skin tones the darks are still not great and the pale just doesn’t have enough variety and the lightest ones look yellow. I’d love if we got some sort of skin tone color wheel!!!
  • Options
    WynterlyWynterly Posts: 232 Member
    Yes, I agree. We need a lot more skin tones in general. I have multiple custom content skin tones, but for some strange reason, I prefer the base game ones more. I just always find myself using the same few ones.
    ~I only act like I know everything, Rogers.~

Currently doing Harry Potter legacy challenge. You can find the rules here.
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    I can’t make my simself without having to mod in alabaster skin. The vampire skin tone is too ashy and corpse-like and the two lightest skintones are too yellow. I need a very light peach. The skintones we currently have are mostly bronze/tan. The dark ones don’t look natural and are too purple and ashy. We need warm dark tones and more pinkish light tones. Also more natural hair colours and better facial hair/more brow types.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Even if they gave us a limited version of a colour wheel - one that only worked on skin and hair - I’d be happy with that.