Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

General/Random Question Thread

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @Tixyen as far as I know, even with seasons a sim must be visiting the lot for plants to grow.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @Tixyen as far as I know, even with seasons a sim must be visiting the lot for plants to grow.

Okay I was thinking so but wanted to check! Thank you!~
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Hello simmers! Can someone assist me in how to take pictures of not just the sims in CAS but the clothing columns and the swatches? In normal create a sim, all you get is the sim, but I need to capture everything else you see in there as well, as the player, hope that makes sense, I've seen others do it with needs, character values etc and text from the notification box, but I can't figure it out. Help?

take a screenshot/print screen.

Thank you!!! <3 The Print screen is the one I need!!!~ <3

You can also enable "capture UI" in settings, then take regular screenshots with C key.
  • Options
    Whenever I leave my active family and switch to another. They always have white earbuds in their inventory.
    Is this normal?
    If so or not, how can I stop it?
    It's a little annoying to clear it out each time.

Thanks for any help~
  • Options
    Does anyone know why my toddler still went to daycare even when I hired a nanny?
    My single sim is in the active science career does this have something to do with it?
    The nanny had come knocking at the door before I joined my sim at her career if that helps, thanks!
  • Options
    mosugamosuga Posts: 5 New Member
    does anyone know why i can't seem to make my own thread on this forum?
  • Options
    mosugamosuga Posts: 5 New Member
    I've really looked at every thread possible and can't seem to find a solution to my problem:

My sims is only uncomfortable around kitchen counters, even if they're newly bought ones that aren't dirty.
    Has anyone encountered this problem?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    ]
    mosuga wrote: »
    does anyone know why i can't seem to make my own thread on this forum?

You have to be a member to make threads, change profile pictures, and have a signature. You need to have 15 posts, 30 points, and the account has to have been active for at least 24 hours to become a member.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    mosuga wrote: »
    I've really looked at every thread possible and can't seem to find a solution to my problem:

My sims is only uncomfortable around kitchen counters, even if they're newly bought ones that aren't dirty.
    Has anyone encountered this problem?

There is a moodlet that lasts a couple of hours after a Sim's surroundings get dirty, even if you've cleaned them. They're still grossed out by encountering the dirty cabinet or floor or whatever. If it's lasting beyond those two hours, then I don't know why your Sim would still be uncomfortable, unless there is something you can't see. (Ashes from a fire can hide behind objects and even the wainscotting around the floor.) If your build used MOO, it's possible that some dirt got into a place your Sim can't clean. What is the uncomfortable moodlet telling you?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    Do Sims not use umbrellas when they go out with their dog? My dog wanted a walk so I let her go out with him, it was raining and I thought she will take out the umbrella.. but nothing
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Do Sims not use umbrellas when they go out with their dog? My dog wanted a walk so I let her go out with him, it was raining and I thought she will take out the umbrella.. but nothing

Seems to be random whether they do or not. At least I THINK I've seen them with umbrellas.
  • Options
    BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    I am so glad to have found this thread, since I am too new to start a new thread. I have had this strange thing in my legacy game, and I wonder whether anyone else has experienced anything similar. (Yes, I've searched the forums, but can't find exactly this.)

One of my spares married this NPC, Alex. She was a caterer at one of his parties. She moved in, and they had a child. After a while I noticed that she was still in the early stages of young adult, more exactly 23 days from becoming an adult, which I found strange considering that she had been in a family for a while at this point. She had not drunk any youth potion or similar. I waited a couple of days, and lo and behold: she was still 23 days from ageing up.

So I decided to kill her, because I can't have an immortal sim in my legacy household. First I tried make her die of laughter. She was hysteric alright and had +15 playful, but survived. I tried to make her die of embarrasment, no luck with that. Then I locked her in the pool for several days, no luck even though she froze several times and the point where she should have died of starvation came and went. No drowning either, obviously.

My last try was with the cowplant, but it wasn't an option for her to eat the cake! All the other sims had that interaction alternative, but not her. I figured she just can't die, and moved her out.

(There are pictures on my blog if anyone's interested, but I am too noob to be allowed to post links. Bandak legacy, wordpress, section 4c.)

Anyone who has experienced anything like this? I'd be happy to hear any thoughts about it.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Bandak Was her maiden name Alex Moyer? If so, she's the tutorial Sim and has an immortal hidden trait, you can't kill her without removing that trait. Here's what you need to do. Make sure you have her selected by clicking on her icon at the bottom of the screen and then:

Open the cheat box by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C. Then type

traits.remove_trait SpecialNPC_isFTUERoommate

and then hit the Enter key.

You should now be able to use any method to kill her if you wish. Also, I don't believe she will age up on her own, but if you decide to keep her you can age her up like any other normal Sim using a cake. But I guess that doesn't really matter if you just want to get rid of her. o.O
  • Options
    Seriously feeling kind of crazy right now, but didn't we used to have the option to "check-in" to a venue? I could have sworn we did, but I can't find it.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member

No. The coding doesn't allow for it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    @WildIrishBanshee Yes we did. You aren't crazy. I haven't played in a while, it's not there anymore? You're talking about the option on a Sims' phone, correct?
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Options
    Yes, the check into venue option or however it was called. @ShadyLady89 I haven't seen it in months, and I've been looking for it since GF, cause what better for a semi-famous sim but to check in to where they are?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @WildIrishBanshee as soon as my game finishes updating I'm going to check on this for you.

Edit: They changed the name. It's now: "Shout out from..." in the social menu on a Sims' phone.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Options
    jerv2409jerv2409 Posts: 3 New Member
    Does anyone else find it annoying how long it takes the grim reaper to reap souls after a sim dies?
    One of my sims died the other day and he stood around for 5 hours, real time, not sim time, before he did anything.
    I didn't know were to post this, is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    No idea how this will go, but I am building a gym and I am curious about how Sims react in the showers. Will I need to make rooms for them or can I just make a row of open showers? I wish we had gym looking showers that were open so I could make a row, but meh.
  • Options
    MsNightingaleMsNightingale Posts: 13 New Member
    I haven't played in quite some time, but I came back to the game today and my sim has a club where where people cook. But every time someone starts to cook in her house a fire starts. Literally every time. I've had 6 fires today. Is this a new thing in-game where people can't cook at your house? Or are her club members just terrible disasters?
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2019
    @MsNightingale Are the club members all new Sims without cooking skills? If so, yes, they could all just be low level cooks. One trick I've found for low level cooks is to get them inspired before they cook. When Sims are inspired while cooking, they usually don't start fires, the food is better quality and they level up faster too! :)

Since I have Outdoor Retreat, I usually send my noob Sims outside to cloud/stargaze first. If you don't have that pack you could have them take a thoughtful shower to get inspired. For clubs, if you have TS3 mood lamps, you could set one of those out in the kitchen or have your Sim get some pen pal postcards to hang up. Just some ideas... Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    No idea how this will go, but I am building a gym and I am curious about how Sims react in the showers. Will I need to make rooms for them or can I just make a row of open showers? I wish we had gym looking showers that were open so I could make a row, but meh.

@NoTalent you need to make separate shower stalls or the gym could be shut down because of all the death by embarrassement going on.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MsNightingaleMsNightingale Posts: 13 New Member
    @Karababy52 Thanks! I'll definitely try and inspire the club members since I intentionally didn't make cooking skill a requirement. Hopefully that helps them get through some cooking to level up and not burn my sim's house down!