Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic: Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2019
    What's a voidcritter? TS4 version of pokemon or something?
    Yep. As luthien said, they're a game. A franchise, actually - if you have Kids Room Stuff, you can get Voidcritter cards (which can battle other), decals, and a bit of merch. According to the lore on the cards, there's also a TV series based on them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    You also play Vulpes in a ... band ? for some gigs in the actor career.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited August 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    Anybody know what that yellow flying thing is? Is it a phoenix or small dragon? It wasn't on long enough to see.

One of the renders seems to show an owl.

I think it's one of the familiars the Gurus were talking about on twitter.

I think the blue bat and green little critter in these screen shots might be some of the familiar options, too. Not for sure on that, though.
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do8_1280.png
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do5_1280.png
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So they're not like the dragons from Makin' Magic. Shame. But if I can play with them and have them stick around indefinitely, I'll be happy.

But I love reading all the Guru tweets about this pack. You can just tell they have a lot of interest in the subject. This pack was made with love.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I finally got home and saw the trailer and I <3 it - magical world, little magical market, alchemy, spells, potions, witches, tiny little animals, duels, awesome CAS. Can't wait to see more :love::love:
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    This exceeds expectations! Looking very much forward to RoM. Vampires don't especially excite me, but these Spellcasters look GREAT - and that Otherworld! Wowza!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

The Parenthood GP introduced a Voidcritters game, and since then they've come up in other ways. There's one as a pet in the My First Pet SP, for example. (In my save, only Aliens have the Voidcritter pet.)

*Kids Room Stuff
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

The Parenthood GP introduced a Voidcritters game, and since then they've come up in other ways. There's one as a pet in the My First Pet SP, for example. (In my save, only Aliens have the Voidcritter pet.)

*Kids Room Stuff

Right! Thanks :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Basically yes -- they came in the Kids Room SP (Sim kids can train them and play with other kids); they're also a relatively easy collection to complete if you've got a lot of Simoleons.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Kids Room SP rather than Parenthood GP, along with the Puppet Theater. (With two gameplay items for kids Kids Room is actually a good deal.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So the pack will have 24 spells and about 15 potions. Sims 3 had 20 spells and over 40 potions. Sims 2 has 33 spells and about 6 potions.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    So the pack will have 24 spells and about 15 potions. Sims 3 had 20 spells and over 40 potions. Sims 2 has 33 spells and about 6 potions.

TS4 also already has potions that a Sim can get through the rewards points, so I'm guessing they didn't see a reason to duplicate those.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited August 2019
    I like those grey jeans, hope they're available for female sims as well. I also like the idea of familiars (reminds me of Charmed). I'm surprised there's no hats or cloaks though.
    Simburian wrote: »
    Anybody know what that yellow flying thing is? Is it a phoenix or small dragon? It wasn't on long enough to see.

One of the renders seems to show an owl.

I think it's one of the familiars the Gurus were talking about on twitter.

I think the blue bat and green little critter in these screen shots might be some of the familiar options, too. Not for sure on that, though.
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do8_1280.png
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do5_1280.png

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Meh. Not interested in supernaturals. I'm gonna buy it only because I'm a collector and I buy every pack.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Meh. Not interested in supernaturals. I'm gonna buy it only because I'm a collector and I buy every pack.

I'm not particularly interested either in supernaturals and collect all the packs but the objects and build items that come with the supernatural packs in all of the iterations have been some of the best for me. Just look at those new windows and two worlds to build in. The CAS might be awesome. The fact that the cats and dogs from C&D can be given a new use in this pack is good too. :)
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    We can't live in that beautiful magical world? And there is only 1 lot in it, which can only be edited by using cheats? That's seriously disappointing and a lot of wasted potential. How come that boring Glimmerbrook has 5 lots while the actual "Realm of Magic" has none ?

If it comes to CAS, I haven't seen any interesting outfits for males in that trailer so I'm not really hyped. Overall I'm only looking forward to some of the build and buy stuff.

But I am worried...even though those fairies are just tiny familiars and have nothing to do with an actual fairy lifestate I now fear that this is all we'll ever get in terms of fairies and the sims 4.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    If there isn't spiral stairs then I'll pass on this expansion.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Avianator wrote: »
    We can't live in that beautiful magical world? And there is only 1 lot in it, which can only be edited by using cheats? That's seriously disappointing and a lot of wasted potential. How come that boring Glimmerbrook has 5 lots while the actual "Realm of Magic" has none ?

If it comes to CAS, I haven't seen any interesting outfits for males in that trailer so I'm not really hyped. Overall I'm only looking forward to some of the build and buy stuff.

But I am worried...even though those fairies are just tiny familiars and have nothing to do with an actual fairy lifestate I now fear that this is all we'll ever get in terms of fairies and the sims 4.

Because it’s a hidden world like Sixam.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2019

That will be weird when it comes to the build items for this pack... I wonder if they will make it so those items will look okay in the normal world as well. Making build items that only fits in a world which you can only edit through cheats is a bit...odd.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

According to the Gurus you can find a way of living in the magical world. I'm going to stick a bed, tent and freezer pack in my Sim's inventory before trying to find it. Worked in Sulani for holidays.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    logion wrote: »

That will be weird when it comes to the build items for this pack... I wonder if they will make it so those items will look okay in the normal world as well. Making build items that only fits in a world which you can only edit through cheats is a bit...odd.

Looks to be Art Deco style, which is a style I personally adore. And we didn't see any of the real world houses from Glimmerbrook in the trailer, so it may well fit in the "real" world after all. (At least not up close)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Hummm no. Voidcritters came in the Kids Stuff Pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

I played Supernatural a lot and once had one of my sims learn to master alchemy. Since it was a skill there were two or three potions for every one of the ten levels. I think there were about 44 potions (or maybe more?) of which my Sim made every single one. I loved "flask of bees" and the midas potion (turn something or someone into gold for 6 hours) as they were fun and quirky. However some of the potions were just lifestate potions (such as potions to make a sim into a Simbot, a Zombie, a Mummy, a Faerie, a Vampire, a Werewolf), or potions to cure an occult lifestate (we already have a vampiric cure, btw). Sims 4 doesn't have many of those lifestates so there is no need for that kind of potion.

As someone else mentioned, other potions did things (like make a sim fat, make a sim more fertile, restore motives of various kinds) which we can already do using the Reward Store. I agree there is no need to duplicate those. If the potions are new or unique I won't mind the lower number potions in this pack; based on the trailer I am guessing there is a love potion, a health potion of some kind (the one with the green cross) and a death potion; there was also mention of an immortality potion -- depending on what they do and how they are animated, these could all be really fun. What I would like most is for potions and spells to need new ingredients or rare ingredients already in game, some of which should take effort or magic skill to to find. Learning to make each potion would then feel like an accomplishment. I am hoping for a few each of new plants, new crystals and metals, and perhaps even new (magical) fish. Any additional weird magical ingredients (like dragon scales, eye of newt, snake venom or whatever) would just be a bonus.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Happy about the new powers and world. Unhappy about not having more hats, better Hairstyles, Cloaks and Spiral stairs.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Actually if they repackaged all the same potions we have access too I'd be a bit put off....
    egTcBMc.png