Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic: Thoughts?

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited August 2019
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    My guess is that the grumpy male Sage is the Practical magic teacher, the gal in the yellow dirndl is the Alchemist, and the green-haired Sage teaches Untamed (she looks a little too serious for Mischief).

Actually she's something else Alchemy doesn't have a sage as the gurus mentioned on twitter
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    My guess is that the grumpy male Sage is the Practical magic teacher, the gal in the yellow dirndl is the Alchemist, and the green-haired Sage teaches Untamed (she looks a little too serious for Mischief).

The SimGurus posted that yellow dress girl's name is Grace Anansi, so I'm betting she's Mischief magic.
  • Camille418Camille418 Posts: 24 Member
    @DaWaterRat
    Oh? Do we know the name of the blond guy?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    You know, I’m more into the realistic side of TS4, (I however love Harry Potter etc, it’s just that in the sims it’s not my style of gameplay), but I might get ROM. I’m waiting to know more and to see the build/ buy and cas.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Sadly, I'm not a massive fan of magic etc in RL so I won't be buying this pack
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Camille418 wrote: »
    @DaWaterRat
    Oh? Do we know the name of the blond guy?

I think I read somewhere that blondie's name was Cade, but I'm not certain and that wasn't (as far as I can recall) in a SimGuru tweet.
    @DaWaterRat
    Thank you :)
    It would be cool if it was his name! It reminds me of "Cayde-6" from Destiny 2. ^^
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I hope Practical or Mischief has some showy spells. It'd be cool to have a sim become a traveling stage magician and wow normal sims with "fake" magic.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • AsterbelleAsterbelle Posts: 12 New Member
    I am excited given that they we are able to create a Witch Sim now, I just hope they won't forget the werewolves and fairies as well. I can only see info of fairies being a familiar but not a sim. Also add more festivals related to supernatural and for humans something like pumpkin patch festival, and the trick or treat is not really a thing, you can't have the option to do trick or treating. It would be nice to be able to do that since I noticed you can walk up to your neighbor's door, just add the option to "Trick or Treat" on pie menu since Halloween is just around the corner.
    Apparently, the sims names on the cover are: Paisley, Dwight and Cade. So the blond guy's name is Dwight. :)

Source : faerietalesims.tumblr
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Apparently, the sims names on the cover are: Paisley, Dwight and Cade. So the blond guy's name is Dwight. :)

I heard from others here that the blond guy is Cade, and the official sims Twitter said the girl's name is Grace Anansi.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member

That's not a source. I looked for that random tumblr post and there is zero back-up evidence that is indeed these sims' names.
    Aaah!! I don't understand anything!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Well ... wait and see, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@happyopi Yes, it is. Not an official source, not a reliable source but it's still a source.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Aaah!! I don't understand anything!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Well ... wait and see, I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@happyopi Yes, it is. Not an official source, not a reliable source but it's still a source.

Accuracy is important in a 'spoiler season' when a game announces a forthcoming update or dlc. So we know the name of one of the cover mages and your source was wrong before you even posted.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    @WolfNate
    And? I didn't pretend these were their real names, I just said that other people called them by different names. That's all.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    My only thoughts are OMG I DONT THINK IVE BEEN THIS HYPED WITH THE SIMS 4 BEFORE and WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER STARTS
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    So the pack will have 24 spells and about 15 potions. Sims 3 had 20 spells and over 40 potions. Sims 2 has 33 spells and about 6 potions.

I played Supernatural a lot and once had one of my sims learn to master alchemy. Since it was a skill there were two or three potions for every one of the ten levels. I think there were about 44 potions (or maybe more?) of which my Sim made every single one. I loved "flask of bees" and the midas potion (turn something or someone into gold for 6 hours) as they were fun and quirky. However some of the potions were just lifestate potions (such as potions to make a sim into a Simbot, a Zombie, a Mummy, a Faerie, a Vampire, a Werewolf), or potions to cure an occult lifestate (we already have a vampiric cure, btw). Sims 4 doesn't have many of those lifestates so there is no need for that kind of potion.

As someone else mentioned, other potions did things (like make a sim fat, make a sim more fertile, restore motives of various kinds) which we can already do using the Reward Store. I agree there is no need to duplicate those. If the potions are new or unique I won't mind the lower number potions in this pack; based on the trailer I am guessing there is a love potion, a health potion of some kind (the one with the green cross) and a death potion; there was also mention of an immortality potion -- depending on what they do and how they are animated, these could all be really fun. What I would like most is for potions and spells to need new ingredients or rare ingredients already in game, some of which should take effort or magic skill to to find. Learning to make each potion would then feel like an accomplishment. I am hoping for a few each of new plants, new crystals and metals, and perhaps even new (magical) fish. Any additional weird magical ingredients (like dragon scales, eye of newt, snake venom or whatever) would just be a bonus.

This so much! I'm hoping that this is what it'll be like, especially because they've added a spell-book; and so I'm hoping that it'll mean we'll have to go looking around the worlds to find the ingredients and as we learn what is needed that the spellbook will update and show what we've learned so far and how many more spells and potions we still need to discover. I really hope the spell-book doesn't just look like the cooking stuff we have now, I don't want it to tell me what ingredients I need for the spell, I want us to have to figure it out. Getting too excited, though.. because this would be AMAZING, if it works this way, but ... two more weeks (15 days) before the stream!
    @Wallsisms4ever
    Oh your llama has the same hairstyle as Caleb! x'D
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    @Wallsisms4ever
    Oh your llama has the same hairstyle as Caleb! x'D

Omg never noticed that. I think it looks better on the llama though xD
  • fup10kfup10k Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm glad we're getting witches, but I'm still so sad that we won't seem to be getting werewolves this time around :'(
  • CinnabonPillowCinnabonPillow Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm super excited for Realm of Magic. A game pack is perfect, because it would bring enough cas options, a new world, a new occult, etc. Just as great as any EP, imo.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    XD This thread has been active since the Realm of Magic announcement.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@Dianesims I wasn't going to get the pack either because not into the magic/occult side of things. But, ever since I found out that their are two worlds-- Glimmerbook (Residental) and The Magic Realm. Unless, you cross into the magic realm (which I don't ever plan to), it won't be in your game. So, I'm getting the pack now and you may want to as well. The Sims team has offered somethign for those who want the magic and those who don't.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2019
    I know most people are going to be making discussions on Island Living, but what about Realm Of Magic? If you ask me, it sounds like we're getting two, brand new occults, at the very least, this year! So what do you have to say about the little we know of this mysterious game pack, coming out this fall?
    I’ve been waiting for witches for a long time but when I watched the trailer I wasn’t sure how I felt? Kinda meh. The familiars was the only thing that caught my eye mostly. I needed more info. I then went to @luthienrising thread, pondered the info there which helped me get a little excited for the pack. I want to see duals, what the potions are, and the progression of spell casting. Also I want to see the other familiars.

Oh and I was bummed out about there not being any new hats.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    Things left that the Sims 4 needs to have:

1) Red telephone box!

2) Tractors!

3) Farm yard!

4) Farm yard outfits for Sim people!

5) Extra animals pigs, cows, donkeys, ponies, sheep and birds!

6) Fairy/ pixie party house that was on the Sims 3 (Supernatural)!

7) Bank department!

8) Supermarket department!

9) Extra different climbing frames!

10) School department!

11) College department!

12) University department!

13) Buses for travelling!

14) Cars for travelling!

15) Vans for travelling!

16) Trains for travelling!

17) Space rocket)

18) Space suit!

———————————————————
    Things that the Sims 4 now has:

1) Cafes!

2) Pubs!

3) Magic wands!

4) Fairies!

5) Witches!

6) Wizards!

7) Grim reapers!

8) Climbing frames!

9) Ballpits!

10) Hot tubs!

11) Plants!

12) Swings!

13) Swimming pools!

14) Cats!

15) Dogs!

16) Horses!

17) Children equipment!

18) Adult equipment!

19) Animal equipment!

20) House equipment!

21) Department signs!

22) Food menus!

23) Kitchen equipment!

24) Bedroom equipment!

25) Lounge equipment!

26) Garden equipment!

———————————————————
    There is still loads more to put onto the sims 4 but we are slowly getting there and noticing what is suddenly appearing on there. Plz keep on at the EA company to add the rest of it on there to finish off the sims 4 game!

Thx!