Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell me about Kleptos

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My first gen. Sim painted portraits of each of her 12 children, and a couple generations later her klepto grandson stole 4 of them. I was unable to get them back.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    My first gen. Sim painted portraits of each of her 12 children, and a couple generations later her klepto grandson stole 4 of them. I was unable to get them back.
    @SimAlexandria that sounds really annoying! Did you check the grandson’s personal inventory and his household inventory? In my experience, stolen items always go to either the personal inventory or household inventory of the klepto.
  • Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    edited August 2019
    kalaksed wrote: »
    what a klepto is able to take is based on their mischief skill (and possibly partially based on successful thefts). more skill, bigger items they can steal. so that's good to be aware of, if you can know the skills of the other sims. a very important thing to know is that they only successfully steal if they're alone in a room... so never let them be alone. if they try to steal when someone else is in the room, they get caught, get an embarrassed moodlet that lasts 8 hours or so and don't take whatever they were after

also, if the klepto is a townie, whatever they take is gone for good. if the klepto has a house, you'll typically find what they stole in the household inventory when you check that household. i hate the 'gone for good' stuff and i miss the sims 3 ability for items kleptos stole from community lots to respawn over time. that's really the only thing i don't like about the trait, since i can't always remember what i'd placed where... and because of that, i tend to keep a limit on the klepto sims in my game

i've got 12 kleptos in my game (up from the 10 i tend to try to leave things at). part of this next bit is being directed partially to @LaBlue0314 so she (and everyone else) is aware of this... there will always be a minimum of 5 townie sims with the klepto trait if you have get famous. the paparazzi from that pack are all spawned with the kleptomaniac trait and the reward trait that allows a sim to never be embarrassed. so plan things around that if you like editing your townies (i've made all 5 of my paps fairly unique and gave them a '-paparazzi' at the end of the household name to help remind myself not to delete them)

there are two easy ways to check how many kleptos are in your game, one requires a mod, the other requires a playable sim with the trait (and the get together pack). first off, the 'showsiminfo' mod lets you check how many sims in your game have a particular trait (including hidden traits) or career or whatever. highly recommended if you like that kind of stuff (i believe mccc can do similar if you use that mod). the second one, just have a sim with the klepto trait try to create a club with that trait as the only requirement. it will then show you other sims with the same trait (remember, five of those will be paparazzi. sometimes more, since elders created as paps sometimes lose their careers...those ones i tend to ensure have unfortunate accidents)

@kalaksed
    Thank you, I finally got an answer to this! I asked about this on another thread, since I noticed that this was a thing in my game. I don't understand why those traits are for paparazzi though, I personally think that those would fit better for those stans that came in that pack. :/

+ I also have noticed that many Sulani sims are spawned/generated(?) with that trait, so I have to go through them once a while since I don't want too many of kleptomaniacs in my game. Especially, because you can't do anything but watch them to steal your stuff! :#
    Post edited by jj_____ on
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    @SimAlexandria that sounds really annoying! Did you check the grandson’s personal inventory and his household inventory? In my experience, stolen items always go to either the personal inventory or household inventory of the klepto.

I did. THey weren't in his personal inventory and he wasn't currently living in the world as I never gave him a home when he moved out lol. I tried moving him into one and checking household inventory but it wasn't there. I may have taken too long to notice since I often have the walls down in the home.