Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying the Moschino Stuff Pack

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    No he liked Seasons, seemed to find Get famous good too. It's just that if he likes it he'll say it, and if he doesn't like it he'll say it as well.
    liliaeth wrote: »
    CrownSims wrote: »
    Let me see LGR's review first.

+the clothes aren't even that cute, in my opinon.

Considering that LGR hates all stuff packs, no matter what the contents is, I really don't see the point of even looking for his opinion.

i've seen a few of his reviews is that just his thing. i mean its like a act hes always negative no matter what the pack is.

i knew iwould get seasons so i must not have watched that. this i'm getting cause modren furniture is my favorite.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    Considering that LGR hates all stuff packs, no matter what the contents is, I really don't see the point of even looking for his opinion.

Think he's pretty much burnt out on Sims related stuff anyway you don't even see Let's plays from older sim iterations. (Been expecting it honestly.) If anything I'd recommend checking out Carl's Sims 4 guide video as he takes a look at the actual mechanics for gameplay features and the FILES as well. How I found out there's a like and dislike system for sims to favor certain generes of movies they watch from the Movie Hangout pack and even based on their traits.

Either way stuff packs are kind of a what you see is what you get. The usual formula is clothes, BB and whatever featured gameplay with it. If you can already tell it's not something you'd be into you're probably right. His review won't tell anything different than what I saw in the livestream seeing some of the gameplay at work with the FL fashion photography career. I can see myself using this and it fits right in with a premade sim that was actually a fashion photographer in a sims spin off game ironically. :p

Can definitely get a lot more use out of this one than my first pet stuff.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    brittany_jeanbrittany_jean Posts: 25 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    When I first heard about this pack, I figured I'd be an immediate "no." But the clothes aren't as bad as I expected, and I'm intrigued by the new career. I never pay full price for the Sims though, so if I do, I'll be waiting for a sale.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yes
    The Build and Buy has some amazing stuff and the new career looks pretty awesome as well. freelance careers have quickly become one of my favourites in the series.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes
    After seeing the Livestream I'm buying this pack mostly for the new photography options. The tripod or new camera has a timer on it.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2019
    Honestly, my opinion on the Moschino stuff pack has changed, there are definitely some cute / useful things in it and I wouldn't mind picking it up.

With that said, I'm getting disillusioned with this game and company as a whole, and I'm just about to the point where I know EA won't let up on any of their shadier or more frustrating business practices, not even when it comes to my once all-time favorite game franchise, so it's time for me to let my money do the speaking, by staying in my wallet (or more realistically going towards food or clothes or rent or something). Love this game and it will undoubtedly be dropping some things that interest me, but I'll survive without them until I decide to hop back on this train, assuming I do so at some point (probably when all of this nice new stuff is severely discounted, and even then I'll have to think about it...)
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Well, first I was like
    giphy.gif

But now I am more of like
    gimme.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Yes
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Think he's pretty much burnt out on Sims related stuff anyway you don't even see Let's plays from older sim iterations. (Been expecting it honestly.) If anything I'd recommend checking out Carl's Sims 4 guide video as he takes a look at the actual mechanics for gameplay features and the FILES as well. How I found out there's a like and dislike system for sims to favor certain generes of movies they watch from the Movie Hangout pack and even based on their traits.

Either way stuff packs are kind of a what you see is what you get. The usual formula is clothes, BB and whatever featured gameplay with it. If you can already tell it's not something you'd be into you're probably right. His review won't tell anything different than what I saw in the livestream seeing some of the gameplay at work with the FL fashion photography career. I can see myself using this and it fits right in with a premade sim that was actually a fashion photographer in a sims spin off game ironically. :p

yeah, he's already starting to complain on City Skylines as well, just cause they don't use new mechanics when the ones used for previous packs work just as well... I don't know, I get that people want 'honest' reviews, but by now, the socalled 'critical' reviews don't feel all that honest to me anymore either, cause he knows it's where his bread is buttered.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    That short haircut with the bangs, though. If I buy the pack, it's going to be 100% because of how much I want that hair.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes
    Yes I love it, it seems like it's more of a "photography stuff pack featuring moschino" after the livestream, they didn't even focus on CAS but rather on the gameplay, I am still interested in the CAS too though but man, the gameplay really is awesome I don't think we ever got that much gameplay out of a stuffpack....so for anybody who loves photography in the sims this is the perfect SP imho, it has so many things I always missed when taking photographs...god, I sound like one of the gurus trying to sell this now :D
    But I am genuinly excited and happy :)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2019
    Maybe/Undecided
    LadyKyn wrote: »

yeah, he's already starting to complain on City Skylines as well, just cause they don't use new mechanics when the ones used for previous packs work just as well... I don't know, I get that people want 'honest' reviews, but by now, the socalled 'critical' reviews don't feel all that honest to me anymore either, cause he knows it's where his bread is buttered.

I mean its all opinions anyway when it comes to reviews
    and its 99% subjective no matter who you watch
    most of the time I value having negative opinions too after 10 or so positive ones
    so I do watch LGR ones too to make sure there is someone mostly negative in that queue

then again I don't place my opinion based on review of any kind I let the game rolling on screen talk for itself
    if I don't enjoy things I am seeing 10 other people enjoying it ain't gonna change my mind
    and if I enjoy things I am seeing I doubt one lazy game reviewer is going to change my mind
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    I'm pleasantly surprised with this pack tbh. I'm just worried that since they've put the majority of the photography improvements in a pack and not a patch that this particular skill will never be touch upon again. I'm a bit sad that we can only have a maximum of 3 sims in a picture and the 3 sim poses aren't that cohesive i.e. two sims are interacting and the other is just stood off to the side - just looks really awkward to me! I also think it was strange that they showed a sim using a timer for taking a photo with another sim but they later explained that you can't take a photo of your active sim - why can't they just use the timer feature? I still think photography could do with some more tweaking but I have to admit that this pack is a massive improvement on what we do have now so I'm happy :)
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes
    Yes, for the new career.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Yes
    Melmack wrote: »
    I'm glad I waited to vote on this one. I really, really expected this pack to be slapped together and shallow. But after watching the livestream I'm actually pleasantly surprised and, dare I say, maybe even a little excited about it. I love photography in my game and it takes center stage in this pack as opposed to the clothes. For myself it seems worth its price, and I cant say I feel the same about island living. I will admit my initial reaction was premature and the build buy assets along with the over haul of photography looks super well done. I'm glad I didn't put my foot in my mouth and rag on this pack too much over the clothes. (Which I still think are gaudy but the rest makes up for it)

Exactly how I feel. I was dead set on waiting till I can get it cheaper especially since I feel like I burned myself buying Island living right away (I do like it... just not as much as I paid for it). I'm not going to get it on release but if I end up paying full price I'm not going to complain. I love the build/buy and the photography career/objects/overhaul looks awesome. I have no problem paying for it as I don't feel (as many do) that it should be free update.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Yes
    I need to see exactly what items we do get, but from just the trailer and pictures I have a few Sims in mind that would love this stuff.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    Most of the clothes I won't be using, and the furniture are very similar to stuff we already have - I like some of the deco objects but the 'art' objects I probably won't be using much either. I like the photography feature and the improvements to frames and such, but I was disappointed by the digital frames having shared inventory which ruins their usability for me. At this point, if I buy it, it will be at a discount, for the career.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Maybe/Undecided

Could be because that designer never makes cute anything - his style has always been quirky.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Maybe/Undecided
    I was undecided until the livestream. Now I’ll be purchasing on Tuesday. I can’t believe how much detail is put into this $10 stuff pack. I’m super impressed with the new career and the BB objects. I’ve never used photography before but I can’t wait to play around with it now.
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    edited August 2019
    Maybe/Undecided
    It baffles me that players need to see someone’s review when they seem to already have an opinion on it.Why not trust your gut?

I'm undecided. I'd just like to see someone who isnt an EA game changer play the game and review it so I can have an informed decision. I'm not just gonna blindly purchase a pack. Eventually, I'm probably gonna end up purchasing it considering I have all packs except one, but idk, this pack isn't that appealing to me.
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    edited August 2019
    Maybe/Undecided

There's actually some that he likes and he does point out some features that are noteworthy. I'd prefer him over listening to some youtuber who praises EVERYTHING that EA dishes out. I like honest, raw, and critical opinions.
  • Options
    rooroo30035280rooroo30035280 Posts: 3 New Member
    No
    No. It simply doesn't interest me enough to want to buy it.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maybe/Undecided

There's actually some that he likes and he does point out some features that are noteworthy. I'd prefer him over listening to some youtuber who praises EVERYTHING that EA dishes out. I like honest, raw, and critical opinions.

IDK what YouTubers you're watching but the ones I watch DO criticize the game when needed. They just aren't a ball of negativity and find the positives in each pack.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited August 2019
    LGR and non game changer reviews are unbiased.

To argue GC are not biased after some of them received $600 dollar hoodies for free just days before they get the new dlc for free is pretty ridiculous.

LGR has been surprisingly complimentary about the sims 4 since cats and dogs.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes

LGR only reviews Sims videos because he feels some type of obligation now to The Sims games for the position as Youtuber he now holds. He's moved on and I find his reviews a little cursory now with little depth as he doesn't play it.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Yes
    i am buying mostly for the buy mode content and new photo carrer
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(