Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino Stuff Pack [MEGA]

Comments

• Options
    MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    edited August 2019
    What does Moschino mean anyways
    More chino?
    Most Chino?
    I've been racking my brain
    Plus can we make the photography skill easier i dont wanna keep taking pictures just at the photo studio thing just make it an option to practice taking photos

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    MaxieMix wrote: »
    What does Moschino mean anyways
    More chino?
    Most Chino?
    I've been racking my brain
    Plus can we make the photography skill easier i dont wanna keep taking pictures just at the photo studio thing just make it an option to practice taking photos

It's a last name.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Hestia wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Oof. Not a fan of the career locked behind a $10 Stuff Pack. I'll grab it on a discount. :)

What do you mean by locked behind? Should all careers be free?

I don’t agree that a career should be locked behind a Stuff Pack.

To me there is little difference between a career in a paid expansion pack, game pack or stuff pack. I find the words 'locked behind a stuff pack' unusual. I am not sure I completely understand what you mean by them. Do you consider for instance the military career to be locked behind a GP or the political career locked behind an EP? Does the type of pack matter? Careers in packs to purchase are not new to the franchise. All sims 4 SP have a little gameplay to make them more appealing, they are not 100% 'stuff'.

Getting them in a free update would be better of course but not every thing can be free. And we already got 3 freelance career in a patch earlier this year so not all careers are tied to a specific pack.

There is a vast difference between a Stuff Pack and the latter in terms of the content offered.
    Oof. Not a fan of the career locked behind a $10 Stuff Pack. I'll grab it on a discount. :)

The butler is locked behind a stuff pack. Laundry is locked behind a stuff pack. Careers, lifestates and gameplay items are locked behind game, expansion or stuff packs. What makes the particular combination of stuff pack and career so objectionable?

The butler is an NPC. It is not a career. Since NPCs aren't so impactful and simply lacks in amount for this franchise of the Sims, it can't be that important.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I sure hope we get an NPC Photographer with this pack.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
  • Options

So cool. I was hoping this would be patched in.
  • Options
    The studio knows they will have a hard time selling this pack. That’s why it’s main appeal is the career, not even the clothes it’s named after.

If this SP flops like the last one, we will never see another one in Sims 4’s lifetime again. They know this, and they want to keep their options open, so they really want to sell this pack although it’s not starting off very well. Comments on this website aside, it’s garnering a lot of dislike which is similar to what happened with MFPS which was a complete and total failure that Maxis refuses to own up to.

MFPS actually sold well. It didn't flop.
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I have a problem with it because I feel like there are a lot of things in the other packs and base game that needs fixed before they concentrate on releasing anything new at all. I bought Dine Out and a week later it was unplayable, The waitresses change into street clothes and wont clear tables or take orders, You cant play as an owner at all and now people steal food, I even had someone steal my hot dog at the park the other day, whats going on here! Sheesh.
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    5 years and over 20 DLCs for this game, and still no University?? >:)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @NorthDakotaGamer Have you heard what else comes in the pack besides clothing? Just curious.

I saw some build items and the career is just a revamp of the GTW photography business option. Nothing that is enticing new gameplay.

I'm sure it won't change your mind, but it's always good to be informed. I can't wait to see all that is coming.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yep it's coming in the patch.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

To me there is little difference between a career in a paid expansion pack, game pack or stuff pack. I find the words 'locked behind a stuff pack' unusual. I am not sure I completely understand what you mean by them. Do you consider for instance the military career to be locked behind a GP or the political career locked behind an EP? Does the type of pack matter? Careers in packs to purchase are not new to the franchise. All sims 4 SP have a little gameplay to make them more appealing, they are not 100% 'stuff'.

Getting them in a free update would be better of course but not every thing can be free. And we already got 3 freelance career in a patch earlier this year so not all careers are tied to a specific pack.

There is a vast difference between a Stuff Pack and the latter in terms of the content offered.

The butler is locked behind a stuff pack. Laundry is locked behind a stuff pack. Careers, lifestates and gameplay items are locked behind game, expansion or stuff packs. What makes the particular combination of stuff pack and career so objectionable?

The butler is an NPC. It is not a career. Since NPCs aren't so impactful and simply lacks in amount for this franchise of the Sims, it can't be that important.

There is definitely a difference in content between stuff packs and other packs. Stuff packs can include objects with unique options but with the exception of laundry they generally don't include completely new gameplay mechanics. And a career is not totally new major gameplay. It is a variation of already existing gameplay. So far stuff packs have given us an NPC (butler), skills (bowling), collectibles (void critters), craft able objects (pumpkins) and social events (toddler playdates and spooky parties) To me a career fits perfectly into this type of content as it is a new variation of existing content .

Whether or not a career is more impactful than an NPC or other features included in SP's is personal preference based on your interests and play style. This is not necessarily true for everyone. We are all free to have our own opinion about the content of a pack. We don't have to have the same opinion about the importance of a specific feature.

I personally think the choice to include a career was a smart business choice from EA's point of view to make the pack more attractive. Personally I can do without this career. But the new photo frames are intriguing. I hope they are part of the patch. And the picture in the trailer with adults holding a toddler gives me hope to finally create family portraits. Also a small feature but one that I really miss right now.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @NorthDakotaGamer Have you heard what else comes in the pack besides clothing? Just curious.

I saw some build items and the career is just a revamp of the GTW photography business option. Nothing that is enticing new gameplay.

I'm sure it won't change your mind, but it's always good to be informed. I can't wait to see all that is coming.

Like I said "a revamp" from that tweet it only sounds like they added a few "special animations" to the new reskinned items. That is not enough to entice me, especially with their track record of empty gameplay in a pretty backdrop.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    I buy all the packs.

Mindless drone again, I see. Must be nice to be one.

I buy them all too, @catloverplayer I suppose one could could call that above remark "mindless trolling"?

They are saying what I actually believe describes anyone who "just buys all the packs." That is the impression you give off.

How stupid. I buy all the packs because I find something good in all of them and they all fit part of the game's jigsaw as I see it. I couldn't care less about the opinions of people who have not (according to their page) not bought anything Sims 4 at all because of issues they have with EA. That is their problem not mine.

I could take issue with what you say from time to time but I do not call you a "mindless drone". I could though as you seem to have given me permission to use that term now.

You see? He started "flamebaiting"

I said that he said what I believed to be a true statement about anyone who "buys all the packs." That seriously is the impression given off. You could say that I research too much before purchasing anything. It may be true, as I never want to pay more than I believe things to be worth. Hence, why a majority of the stuff packs only were purchased at the great price of $2.50 by myself. So far the new pack looks like it is not even worth being given out for free, so I can't imagine paying $10 for when it launches.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019

I buy all the packs.

I buy them all too, @catloverplayer I suppose one could could call that above remark "mindless trolling"?

They are saying what I actually believe describes anyone who "just buys all the packs." That is the impression you give off.

How stupid. I buy all the packs because I find something good in all of them and they all fit part of the game's jigsaw as I see it. I couldn't care less about the opinions of people who have not (according to their page) not bought anything Sims 4 at all because of issues they have with EA. That is their problem not mine.

I could take issue with what you say from time to time but I do not call you a "mindless drone". I could though as you seem to have given me permission to use that term now.

I said that he said what I believed to be a true statement about anyone who "buys all the packs." That seriously is the impression given off. You could say that I research too much before purchasing anything. It may be true, as I never want to pay more than I believe things to be worth. Hence, why a majority of the stuff packs only were purchased at the great price of $2.50 by myself. So far the new pack looks like it is not even worth being given out for free, so I can't imagine paying $10 for when it launches.

I don't really care if you cannot afford the packs or if you do "research" I take offence at calling those of us who like to complete our games "mindless drones" You may not be able to afford it or like to get a bargain as you see it but I can and Sims 4 after playing 5000 hours of playing it is worth buying at full price to support the developers.

Are things much cheaper where you live? I live in a city where the price of a stuff pack is about the price of a couple of coffees and biscuits, half hours in a café.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

I buy all the packs.

I don't really care if you cannot afford the packs or if you do "research" I take offence at those of us who like to complete our games "mindless drones" You may not be able to afford it or like to get a bargain as you see it but I can and Sims 4 after playing 5000 hours of playing it is worth buying at full price to support the developers.

Are things much cheaper where you live? I live in a city where the price of a stuff pack is about the price of a couple of coffees and biscuits, half hours in a café.

It is cheaper, as I make my own specialty coffee and food. Learned to do that via recipes from my own grandmother that she passed down. What is a half hour in a cafe? Never even heard of paying for that. See I live with the attitude of why pay for subpar products? No matter, I just will keep thinking how I do based on the impression given off. I also was able to play only base game of The Sims for nearly 15 years without mods and cc, so I was sad when it would not even load on my Windows 10 computer.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    What kind of mindless drone plays The Sims 1 for fifteen years straight...

Just saying what I believe to be a true statement. ;)
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    5 years and over 20 DLCs for this game, and still no University?? >:)

University life was one of the last expansions for the Sims 3, so nothing new. Plus stuff pack and Expack teams are totally separate from each other. It's coming. I have no doubt it will be here in the fall/winter 2019.
  • Options

Sorry, just saying what I believe to be a true statement.

Someone who enjoys playing older games and has no need purchasing new until the it breaks or is too obsolete to be played on newer computers. I buy only to replace, not to just have brand new. But then, I also learned that from depression era family.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

I dunno but I still play Microsoft's Solitaire from time to time since 1995! A good game is a good game.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2019
    Better to gave back Ikea , H&M and Diesel but never mind !! :/

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member

I dunno but I still play Microsoft's Solitaire from time to time since 1995! A good game is a good game.

I still love the sims 1 I don't know if it's compatible with win 10 though...
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options

I thought we were on the same side, here? Lol.