Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will be new in Sims 5?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,549 Member
    lets hope emotions are also better in the sims5 even do all players of the sims are diffrent lets also hope that the sims5 have options to fit each player 's playstyle
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member
    WaitWhatYT wrote: »
    I'm assuming expanded gender settings will be present from the beginning (it'd be a little weird to go backwards in that regards, right?) and our sims will be even better at multitasking and (hopefully) navigating around things. tbh I'm not super hopeful for anything else...

I would think that the expanded gender settings are most definitely carrying over. It just makes sense in customization options and sandbox terms. I remember in Sims 2 when there were hair and clothing styles that I really wanted to use for the opposite sex but the game restricted it and it never made sense to me. I mean, anybody can put on any clothing or get any haircut, right? And from a creative perspective, we shouldn't be limited by real life tropes.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    WelshSimmerWelshSimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm hoping they will become more sophisticated in storytelling, they've definitely improved but there's room for improvement. One thing I think about is that I felt sims 4 lacked interaction and pre-built storytelling like the Sims 2/3 base sims had. There's so many more examples too but that's my shout.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I would love for them to just drop the entire moodlet/emotion system and develop something new. For TS5, I want a whole new game not just an improved past sims game. I mean look at the difference between iterations of games like GTA.

Well actually that's my second want. My first is for them to just rerelease Sims 2 but optimized and updated. So many franchises just rerelease games I don't get why the sims won't do this with what was probably their best title (obviously I'm biased because I thnk Sims 2 is the best). I doubt its because they think they won't make money from it because look at the Pokemon franchise. They release old games with no changes and people still buy them!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,863 Member
    Something else - they will tell us that "we rule even more" and that we have more choices and ways to play exactly how we want, when in reality the game will have more limitations and lot conditions and less color/style choices than ever before. But "we rule". Honestly they've gotten a lot better with what we can choose to do in Sims 4 since the beginning, but they really played up the options that just weren't there at the time.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    We'll then be able to start complaining about it!
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    No idea, more interesting question would be: 'What will they axe in The Sims 5?'
  • Options
    SomebodySomeplaceSomebodySomeplace Posts: 62 Member
    I think basic weather and seasons should be base game. The DLC should be holidays, festivals, carnivals, concerts - events that take place throughout the year and are based around seasons/weather conditions.

I also think they should include the option to have unplayed sims reproduce and have lives without your doing (like you could turn it on and off). And additionally, I think it would be cool if you could pick out households you want to take out of the pool, and pick who they're paired up with, how many kids they'll have, and their careers without going in and playing as them.

I would also really like a color wheel for hair, eyes, and at least some parts of furniture objects (like the bed spread or seat cushion). I find myself using the same objects together, all the time, because they match; it would be nice if it was easier to switch it up or not to have to settle for the shades being slightly off. I had no problem with, in the Sims 3, keeping scratch paper with the hexadecimal color numbers while building so everything matched.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Darker themes.
    Less Stepford Wives.
    More options to set consequences for actions.
    More options in general.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    GaFFaT_GamingGaFFaT_Gaming Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope they bring back Create-A-Style and other customization like color wheels for hair, eyes, furniture, etc like they had in the Sims 3. Also, it would be nice if they included at least 5 trait slots for your Sims, like they also did in the Sims 3. I really feel like the lack of customization and traits/trait slots in the Sims 4 was a huge downgrade, and also, open worlds (AGAIN, like in the Sims freaking 3) would really be nice. *cough cough* Sims 3 is best game so far *cough cough*.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,134 Member
    Not interested in Sims 5.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    A lot.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm hoping that the sims5 will be designed with the intention that it is going to compete with other AAA games out there and feature elements that will draw new people in but also keep what made the older games great.

That means it must match up to other games when it comes to quality, better performance and less bugs. I'm hoping for stuff like Open World, Create a Style with color wheel, more advanced sims, engaging and challenging gameplay and larger goals.

DLC should expand on the basegame and not be features that were never included. If for example cars are included in the basegame, then a car-themed dlc should add more features to cars like racing and other dlc should be designed with other dlc in mind, for example, rain that is already in the basegame could be expanded with storms, and that could add more difficult races to the car-themed dlc.
  • Options
    Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    New to Sims 4, soon Sims 5. Sounds good, especially to place objects outside of borders. I just hope that all the CC Mods will be compatible with Sims 5, and the choice to increase texture resolution for clothes and objects.
    Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    Only new thing I expect would be BUGS! NEW shiny exasperating stupid bugs just like all the old bugs EA write.
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I hope that we can have food the way we had food in the sims 2 for xbox/playstation 2. Also clothing CAS the way in sims 2 xbox/playstation 2. Color wheel, and open neighborhood is a must, or else I won't buy it.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited December 2019
    More creativity and playability. I would like a story exchange similar to The Sims v1 and more RPG like Jungle adventure and Strangerville.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm guessing back to the future of TSO. Mulitplayer, Second Life, game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think it may most probably have some improvements compared, but it will certanly lack in something. I dont feel as to start again.