Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use money cheats in your game (Sims 4)?

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Always, all the time.
    Always except when I'm doing a challenge where it's against the rules :#!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    I only ever use it to get rid of their money when doing rags to riches. It's pretty easy to make money, anyway, and if they're rich there's fewer fun things to do.
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Only on certain households.
    Only if I'm trying to set up a certain story or fix a glitch. I'm usually taking money away though (ex. I make them pay a "mortgage" for a nice home worth 30k. ;D )
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 74 Member
    I only use the money-cheat when couples split or young adults move out to divide the money between the two households. I don't cheat additional money.
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • Options
    OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    Only did it when I started playing and didn't know how things worked, now I make my Sims work for their money, makes it more fun
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Always, all the time.
    The money x cheat is perfect. I can properly adjust for poor, middle class and wealthy sims.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    sam13mcgsam13mcg Posts: 2 New Member
    > @LaBlue0314 said:
    > The only time I use money cheats anymore is the freerealestate cheat when first moving a sim in. Then I'll use another cheat to take away all their household funds except for 100 semolians. If I do use the motherload cheat, it is because I have a new pack and I'm just wanting to see what going on in that pack. I usually don't keep those sims though.

Pretty much this. I'll use it to get a family started if I have an idea in my mind, and then I'll use cheats accordingly to set them up with about as much money as I'd see that family in particular having. But then once I've started playing I don't use any money cheats.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I allow one cheat per "household" when a kid moves out to help them get set up. I'm generous though, and I don't pull the leftovers after that. Gives them a bit of an emergency fund. :)

I'll also use the money cheat to counter glitches at times (such as the current one where your money gets reset if you add a cat or a dog to the house using CAS) or occasionally for story "corrections"
  • Options
    SourJaneSimsSourJaneSims Posts: 15 Member
    Mostly just freeRealEstate and mostly just in my simself's world. The only other cheat I use is the money X cheat to reset funds to a certain amount if something bugged or if I want to get rid of something but not get the profit for it.
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    Always, all the time.
    Yes, this far I did, but most sims still lives in small houses and with not so glamorous interior. I recently adjusted my money system though, so I will now use cheats mostly for adjusting something that should be technically different. Not because a sim wants to buy something.

The problem is that some of the items that, in real life, would not seem awfully glamorous are really expensive in the SIMS and vice versa. I always try to build and decorate houses according to what I think a person with that background would have in the real world. Sometimes they have a bit more luxury (like their own basement spa), but most of the expenses go into cluttering and decorating a garden. I bet even if I made a cheap-looking trailer park house, it would still go beyond 20k.

So yes, I always use motherlode to build and decorate houses. I try to get them to earn enough money to support themselves afterwards, though. But sometimes that doesn't work out, like when one of my kids turned teenager and I had to completely redecorate their room. That alone cost me about 20k.
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    I decided a long time ag that my sims must earn what they have. The times that I have tried to get ahead by using a money cheat.
    At some point, I always regret not having it earned. I usually end up exiting the game without saving, and loading the save before
    I used the cheat.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    For the first time in many years I used the money cheat, but that was to start off with no money. Trying that teen hobo challenge, you see. xD
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    I never use money cheats as I prefer working families up and progressing through careers etc.
    If they want something or I want them to have a new object I'll make them work and save for it

Same!
  • Options
    Yuki_EufuYuki_Eufu Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a work around.... I bud the family I want to play with and move them in with the richest sim I can, kill that sim and inherent everything. My killing method is to put them in the pool, and raise the foundation of the pool so they cant climb out, or turn them into a camp and bake them. Vladislaus Stroud is a good one to inheret from because I like his house and hes rich, but if I dont like the location of the lot I demolish it and boom, tonnes of simoleons. Rinse and repeat. I literally have a graveyard of dead premade sims and nota cheat in sight, so I still get my xbox cheeves.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    Nope, too easy to make money.
  • Options
    AnisaerahAnisaerah Posts: 26 Member
    I only use money cheats when my objective isn't monetary.

I really like doing rags to riches though.
  • Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Occassionally... when I'm desperate.
    I really try not to, because I want my Sims to be good workers who are making themselves rich, not me! But sometimes...... When I can't wait for something to buy....
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Totally depends on what I'm doing. I use to never play with out them, now I have been playing with out them more!
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Money “cheats” are about so much more than “cheating” or making the game easier for me. In fact, more often than not, I use the money cheat while I’m playing to make the game harder by simulating expenses not accounted for by the game. Sometimes I deduct money for no reason other than I don’t want a certain sim having so much.
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Always, all the time.
    Always because I want my houses to look nice and decorated with lush outdoor areas and activities/skill building objects. I rarely make 1 or 2 sim households but usually have about 6 leaving the 2 spots for pets or future babies so the household start budget is so small it's unrealistic, if you think that you have 3 generations in the household with at least 3 working adults and considering the fact that they've been doing so for quite a many years. I prefer this way because I want my "target" sim(s) have relatives and parents etc. So the sims I want to actually truly play with are the children of the family after they grow up. :)<3

Only if I start from the beginning with 1 sim, I try not to use the money cheat as a personal challenge.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Always, all the time.
    Always this is my world where hunger and poverty just do not happen. Ever. I call it advancing (sim) society, others call it cheating :)
  • Options
    CodexMortemCodexMortem Posts: 104 Member
    Depends on the save, tbh. On the first one I had that I played that I still play sometimes, I cheated to make them rich but... meh. On another one I regularly play, I just cheat sometimes if I feel like it, but it's rather unusual. On the most recent one, I chose to not use money cheats under any circumstance (well, only to get rid of money I got by mistake or to refund money I lose by a glitch or something) and I found it's really easy to make money quickly so I think I'll be staying away from money cheats for the most part from now on.
    gGelhII.png
  • Options
    PrinceSarahPrinceSarah Posts: 18 Member
    When playing legacies and challenges, no way. (I have used the mood cheat before... sue me) But when I do my own game I am very liberal with the money cheat.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Cheating them down to $0 counts right. I do that for every generation, otherwise my sims get too rich.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Always, all the time.
    I use them all the time for a variety of reasons. Usually, I only use cheats for setting sims up to their starting point and after that it’s to cheat money away for fake vacations.