Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use money cheats in your game (Sims 4)?

nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
EDIT: Here's a link on simmer's thoughts who use money cheats: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/963065/for-players-who-use-cheats-what-are-your-gameplay-objectives#latest

EDIT 2: Here's part 2 of the poll, which asks how you use money cheats (increase, decrease or both): https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/963877/if-you-use-money-cheats-in-your-game-do-you-increase-or-decrease-your-sims-funds
TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
Post edited by nastyjman on

Do you use money cheats in your game (Sims 4)? 215 votes

Always, all the time.
26%
SimmervilleaprilrosePlayerSinger2010xMintIsb917Bloosmooilovejewel17Kementarisimgirl1010friendlysimmersdrake_mccartymock68momboqueenLizzychicagoHestiataydevphantasmkissBabykittyjadeRavager619kittymeow 58 votes
Never. Never ever ever.
20%
Akl500Pvancanuckfan86Poekie03sims2freak737overonWritin_RegdruttilurMeteoraStormChangkraelanorbretonkerryemmiebethSimpkinSimplyJenAquariusMomsaraemily112PegasysChelleJoKasanthstephanie132392CheiriPixie 44 votes
Occassionally... when I'm desperate.
8%
SerenityRulesJestTruElijahsBabyGurl9SelinaKylesfiercephoenix91MaggieMarleybarbiegoesMemoriiValentineadduapinaGannet The SeabirdHopeyStarrLivinityDemery27SkeilahAriaMad2xstxrrysequencepetewentosFitcheurMermaid_cats_owner 19 votes
Only on certain households.
43%
Kita5399GalacticGalLaBlue0314IceyJBlkBarbiegalSikoahGraceAlrynnnolurkRawlaMariefoxprice83Paigeisin5cchant86AjaGioNivyxTabiethSimberella777Vuloriirishluck1986nastyjmanspice3 94 votes

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The only time I use money cheats anymore is the freerealestate cheat when first moving a sim in. Then I'll use another cheat to take away all their household funds except for 100 semolians. If I do use the motherload cheat, it is because I have a new pack and I'm just wanting to see what going on in that pack. I usually don't keep those sims though.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Always, all the time.
    Using it all the time, especially when in the mood for building and decorating.
    Can't be bothered to wait, have million other fun things to do :)
    Progress through careers for the unlocks mostly.
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    I never use them on my main families but sometimes I create new families just to play them for a little while (sometimes it's nice to get a break from usual sims) or test some new feature and then I will use it. But in long-term play I think having all the money in the world is boring. Which is why I also like to occasionally have my new generations start from scratch instead of just inheriting their family's money, house and stuff.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    I never use money cheats as I prefer working families up and progressing through careers etc.
    If they want something or I want them to have a new object I'll make them work and save for it
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Always, all the time.
    always i always cheat in the sims4 more money max skills from the start
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,557 Member
    If you count freerealestate on, then yes, I use money cheats all of the time. Otherwise, I only boost certain households. My Cantrell family is very well-to-do, for instance and if I start them out as a whole family in CAS, then that requires I cheat up their bank account. Can't be considered 'rich' if you have little to no funds, now can you?

As for my ancestral game save, both sides of this family branch were well-to-do. So, I start the heads of each household out with their pockets full, so to speak. Since the eldest two children from said households married early at just 16 and she 15, they didn't start out with much, other than wedding gifts (household goods, mostly). So, I don't necessarily cheat their funds. He gets a job, instead. Later on, he earned his own way. Oh, and since his father gifted him the land they built on, and he build a modest wood cabin by himself, then of course, I give it to them using the freerealestate on cheat. Why should he buy that which he built from the trees on the land?

Every now and again, if a family gets into serious trouble, I will cheat a few § their way. But, other than that, it's only upon occasion.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    Never, I find it extremely easy to start making money in the game.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Only during the world building phase of a game, i.e. before I even start playing. I don't use cheats during the game play because money is almost too easy to make in this game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,863 Member
    Always, all the time.
    I'd never have any fun if I had to wait until my Sims earned enough money to do and have everything I want them to do and have. Rags to riches has never appealed to me. I complete careers because they're fun and to unlock the career rewards. I don't use a cheat to unlock those because I see it as a challenge to earn them properly.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2019
    Always, all the time.
    It’s hard to buy a decent house for my families with 20,000 simoleons so.....
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited July 2019
    Always, all the time.
    I picked always, but not to give money, but to take it away :p

The reason being is to play realistically with some things like insurance, taxes, mortgage, loans, school fees, money for diapers or formula (babies). Doctors appointments, Sometimes travel cost. Things like that.

For me, it makes money a challenge since it seems far to easy to make.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited July 2019
    Since I play with vampires and they earn a lot of simoleons in their immortal lives and I don't even know what to do with all the money, I have to cheat something away from time to time :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    The save I mostly play is on gen. 11, so I have no need for money cheats. I do use them in my other save, because that one is mostly for checking out new content/mod compatibility.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Busufu wrote: »
    Since I play with vampires and they earn a lot of simoleons in their immortal lives and I don't even know what to do with all the money, I have to chat something away from time to time :D.

That's awesome and hilarious! Your vampires are living TOO comfortably.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I mostly cheat to give them less money.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I give money cheats because I don't like finances getting in the way of what I'm trying to set up for my households. Since I colonize the game, I like to have a variety of income levels and often times when I play a household, I don't care about the career aspect and want to just play the Sims so I'll give them money so that I'm not hindered. Plus, I download tons of lots from the gallery and many of those houses are very expensive so I use FreeRealEstate and Motherlode to set them up.
    #Team Occult
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Always, all the time.
    Yes I do.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    I used a money cheat once and it bothered me so much that I quit playing that save.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    No never. But I wish we could rent any house just as how we could buy them (I remmber TS2 had this option). In this way i would not have to use the FreeRealEstate cheat. And not everyone buys a house. Renting is more than just renting an apartment. You can rent a house too...
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Always, all the time.
    Yes, this far I did, but most sims still lives in small houses and with not so glamorous interior. I recently adjusted my money system though, so I will now use cheats mostly for adjusting something that should be technically different. Not because a sim wants to buy something.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    I never use any cheats that help with gameplay. I don't even like to use the rewards you can buy. I like playing the game, cheating is not playing, it's skipping gameplay.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    Never. It takes away the fun for me. Even if my sims are totally broke, there's always some way to make money, and in worst case I can sell some of the useless decoration items with no function whatsoever.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    Stutum wrote: »
    Never. It takes away the fun for me. Even if my sims are totally broke, there's always some way to make money, and in worst case I can sell some of the useless decoration items with no function whatsoever.

Exactly. I've had my poor sims make a ton of friends and ask for loans and they've collected everything in sight and sold it. It's fun.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I almost always use freerealestate when I first start a household, but otherwise I rarely if ever use money cheats unless I'm testing something out or moving my household to a new save.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »

Exactly. I've had my poor sims make a ton of friends and ask for loans and they've collected everything in sight and sold it. It's fun.

Yes, that works, and it's a nice challenge. I also in most cases make sure that my sims have some royalties ticking in.