Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use money cheats in your game (Sims 4)?

Comments

• vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    Nope - game is to easy with money cheats. I like having my Sims work for their money.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    Only on certain households.
    I only use it in situations where I’ve had to use freerealestate because I was a little short of being able to buy a 21,700 simoleon house. In these cases I use the cheat to remove most of the sim’s money.
    Post edited by So_Money on
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sometimes I want to play an aristocrat that moved to town.
  • Vilily68Vilily68 Posts: 85 Member
    I use money cheats when I'm building for my sim, or when I want them to have a specific amount of money for the gameplay I want to have, then never use money cheats on that household again
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Always, all the time.
    Since i run MCCC most often these days, the answer is that it is always going, the modification does all your micromanagement as well, in effect it cheats for you by doing all the things you'd be doing over a longer duration anyway.

sometimes use money cheats to get a family to move into a building i've designed or one EA pre-designed, sometimes set a suitable career and promotions and skills appropriate to that. Game does this on its own sometimes outside the mod, but not often, i once saw Zoe Patel end up with the job of Scribe of some such and it was around §250 per hour, but lacked the skills to do the job. settign those skills helps with job performance and possible promotions, but more than anything a steady income to offset bills.
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    They have to work hard if they want to buy expensive things! >:)
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    I must add that I recently cheated a little bit, but not by codes or mods. I've decided to play with Mila Munch, but I can't stand it when there's more than one sim in a household, so after some household managing back and forth I eventually had her move from the Rasoya's flat (long story) into the gremlin one (removed that trait, obviously), so she went form having 10K to 40K. But I'd say that doesn't count as a cheat since I didn't mess around with codes and such. :)
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Always, all the time.
    Yaaaas cheeeats. I almost always use the money cheats, though I'm not always adding money. I've started a game with rich Sims in the best house, but I've also put a Sim on a lot with a guitar and taken every last simoleon from him. I've also cheated Sims into the best house, taken their money as down payment, then spent ages taking their earnings to pay it back as a loan. I try not to take the game too seriously, and variety keeps things fun.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member
    I tend to cheat down money when I start out fresh just to make things more interesting. I really only use freerealestate or up money when I am adding townies.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I do a lot of challenges, but when I'm just playing around I'll pop a rosebud here and there.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I usually use them, but I made a ship wrecked Sim and haven't used a cheat. I kind of like this one :) She has even built herself a sweet house on the beach and is on a nice vacation right now :D
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    The options are a bit skewed but I picked "Never" which isn't really true.

When I first started playing TS4 I used 'Motherlode' all the time to get my Sims into houses they couldn't afford. That is until I started my first Rags to Riches challenge in February 2016. That was the first time I used the 'money' cheat to reduce funds to zero. What an eye-opening experience that was. I found out how easy it is for a Sim to make money in this game. Since then I've never used a money cheat to increase anyone's household funds. All of my Sims have to work for they get.

I started doing the same for most of the free-loading pre-made Sims that are all living in homes or apartments that they can't afford. They were conveniently planted in every area that I wanted my Sims to live in, living on lots that I wanted my Sims to live on. So, I started evicting them. Then I found out that when you evict them they keep the money from the 'sale' of all the stuff they had in their homes. They were very wealthy homeless Sims. Now I use the 'money' cheat to cheat them back down to whatever the game would give a new household of the same size and they go into starter homes. The game cheats up their careers and skills - I make sure they live within their means.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Never. Never ever ever.
    I voted never, but that's not entirely true, the more I think of it. More like, very-very-very seldom and it depends on the family. If a story I'm wanting to play does have a family that would be wealthy, then I'd do it. And I have given a sim funds via an "inheritance" or other monetary windfall. Which I'd say has only happened a handful of times, in all my simming.

I just generally find struggling beginnings much more entertaining, myself.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited July 2019
    When I am setting up a save I use money cheats to create a variety of financial situations for the different sims in the world so it is more like real life with different people having different incomes savings and types of residence.
    I use money cheats to move sims in and play test my builds.
    I also use it to take funds away in challenges and also to mimic financial disasters.
    Playing one way all the time gets old quickly. I like variety
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes. I like to play more realistically which means that some families are really rich and some are really poor all in the same city. And of course some in between. I use money cheats both to remove and to add money to create the story I want so that there's some Financial diversity in the neighborhoods when I play rotationally
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Always, all the time.
    It's not a cheat, it's a feature. And I'm not being "bad" for taking advantage of it. Nobody suffers because of it, and I feel no need to play by other people's standards when it's my own private single-player game.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• arae9arae9 Posts: 24 Member
    Always, all the time.
    I like the freedom it gives me
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    The only time I use money cheats anymore is the freerealestate cheat when first moving a sim in. Then I'll use another cheat to take away all their household funds except for 100 semolians. If I do use the motherload cheat, it is because I have a new pack and I'm just wanting to see what going on in that pack. I usually don't keep those sims though.

Almost exactly how I use it. I sometimes set up a household with money cheats or free real estate and then reduce their money to less than 1000. That way they have a bigger place, but have to deal with higher bills right from the start. Once I start playing, the is no more free cash.
  • Aliciadestiny91Aliciadestiny91 Posts: 10 New Member
    Sometimes, but not at the moment, just when I'm playing without challenges, sometimes I use it. But I prefer to use a moneytree or something like that
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I use a cheat where my Sims can donate more than what is currently allowed to charity, just to keep households funds from growing out of control. Once a family hits 90,000 Simoleans I see no need for that household to have more than that. I don't enjoy playing in mansions because it is much harder to keep track of all the Sims and I miss out on watching a lot of their interactions with one another because I cannot find them. However, I will cheat a few thousand extra when starting a new Sim household just so they can have a few items they need for skill building.
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    It really depends upon the household I'm playing to be honest.

I sometimes might have a sim who has to work for everything (and it's sometimes led to some haphazard construction or decorating of their homes) or others where I might build the overall house and include what one might typically find when buying a house in real life (ie plumbing fixtures, large appliances, built-in lighting fixtures, and kitchen cabinets, etc.) but where the sims would have to work toward earning money to furnish their homes or improve upon them. I've also had some sims where I admittedly cheated to make wealthy in an effort to test out other things in the game or new gameplay features.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Always, all the time.
    To remove money actually... It's too easy to get rich in this game... My sims have to suffer.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Always, all the time.
    All the time. How else is my penthouse living playboy male sim going to woo the hardworking, tragic backstory girl of his dreams ;)
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Always, all the time.
    For every time I've blinked while playing, I've typed "motherlode" five times.

...Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. But not much. XD + ^^;
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • DedudamolDedudamol Posts: 17 Member
    Only for certain family. In my own family i never use cheats, i love earn money myself