Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Someone on twitter posted this:

D_s_BppXYAIaX6j.jpg:large

With the animated llamacorn and the freezer bunny as the centre and the animated plumbob in the corner. I wouldn't be opposed to this either, I kind of like it. It's cute and distracts me while it's loading.
    Ugh please no. I hate that llama and bunny at the corner of my screen.

Why? :p

It feels like something for toddlers. The unicorn llama and freezer bunny jumping like some kind of kid's toy...UGH. I love you @Sigzy05 but I really hope they don't add that to the loading screen...lol

Edit: A friendly love...you know they already had an incident with this game. I don't want people to get the wrong idea. HAHAHA
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019

With the animated llamacorn and the freezer bunny as the centre and the animated plumbob in the corner. I wouldn't be opposed to this either, I kind of like it. It's cute and distracts me while it's loading.

It feels like something for toddlers. The unicorn llama and freezer bunny jumping like some kind of kid's toy...UGH. I love you @Sigzy05 but I really hope they don't add that to the loading screen...lol

Edit: A friendly love...you know they already had an incident with this game. I don't want people to get the wrong idea. HAHAHA

Lol yeah I get it ahaha

It's not the official one so don't worry. ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Lol yeah I get it ahaha

It's not the official one so don't worry. ;)

Thank goodness LOL I don't want them getting any ideas to make that the new loading screen.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I finally played the game after downloading TwistedMexi's mod to revert the UI. (I paid $2 to get it early via Patreon.) The first sim I created using CAS Stories was a lazy tech guru named Graham. The name was randomized.

Oh no, not Graham! XD He's cool. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I finally played the game after downloading TwistedMexi's mod to revert the UI. (I paid $2 to get it early via Patreon.) The first sim I created using CAS Stories was a lazy tech guru named Graham. The name was randomized.

LOL I do love Graham(in a friendly way gotta be clear these days). He is the best. SimguruNinja makes me laugh at times too.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

LOL I do love Graham(in a friendly way gotta be clear these days). He is the best. SimguruNinja makes me laugh at times too.

I like Graham too. He's always so cheerful during livestreams. :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    August? Really? They couldn’t have pushed through a hotfix for this?

Of course it would be ideal for them to patch this ASAP and I'll most likely not be playing the game much until they do patch it, but at least it's a step in the right direction. I'm just glad that they're changing the lighter blue, the darker one is much easier on the eyes.

Hm, I don't have the patch yet so I might misunderstand something, but are we not talking about the loading screen? Lasting for a few seconds? Can't those affected just look away while it loads, or is it a problem also during game play? I hardly ever look at the loading screen, I'd read the forum or do something else on my computer while game loads. I'm glad they chose a darker blue, but I don't really see the size of this problem...?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The paint scheme and other stuff isn't bad. But where is the new CAS feature ?. I went to check it out for the heck of it but got the old CAS. Thank.
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »
    August? Really? They couldn’t have pushed through a hotfix for this?

Of course it would be ideal for them to patch this ASAP and I'll most likely not be playing the game much until they do patch it, but at least it's a step in the right direction. I'm just glad that they're changing the lighter blue, the darker one is much easier on the eyes.

Hm, I don't have the patch yet so I might misunderstand something, but are we not talking about the loading screen? Lasting for a few seconds? Can't those affected just look away while it loads, or is it a problem also during game play? I hardly ever look at the loading screen, I'd read the forum or do something else on my computer while game loads. I'm glad they chose a darker blue, but I don't really see the size of this problem...?

I mean, yeah, people can look away, but why create an ugly color scheme and expect people to look away from it rather than fixing it?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

It can effect people in different ways, especially those who have sensory conditions or visual difficulties. What a lot of people seem to forget about is that the game is made up of loading screens. It happens every time you want to visit another lot, so when most players do this multiple times during gameplay, those few seconds for each loading screen can quickly add up.

It doesn't always mean that those players should stop playing video games, as I said, it's different for each individual and I think most of us can find workarounds to minimize things that could trigger it, but sometimes no matter what we do, it can be unavoidable. I am prone to migraines, but anything can set them off. Since the patch, I've adjusted the brightness on my monitor, wore glasses during gameplay, tested it with Windows Nightmode, none of which made a difference to me and I could still feel my eyes straining while viewing the loading screen.

You could argue that the rest of the game is very colourful and vivid, and you'd be right, so that should affect me too, right? And yeah, it can do at times, though I'd say it's not much of a problem for me most of the time. My point is that any kind of sensory conditions or visual difficulties can be complicated, because triggers can be anything, at any given time. People with those conditions can find it hard to determine what could be a trigger. We know when it's happening but can't always explain the why or how - it's a big part of the reason as to why these things can be difficult to treat and understand.

People could just look away as you said, but that's a tad bit unnecessary and not really a solution to the problem, but rather just sweeping it under the rug IMO. I hope that this explanation helps you to understand it a little better. :)
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @surraaaaaa @becks1112 & anyone else with this issue - The bug-report title for the skills/tasks for gigs not showing up for the acting career indicates that someone's found a workaround. Hope the workaround works for you! You can still hit the me-too button if you haven't already, as it remains an open issue.

eta: if it does work, don't forget to give the poster (#12 in that link) some xp! Newbie poster comes up with solution! :+1:

Thanks for this!
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    You could argue that the rest of the game is very colourful and vivid, and you'd be right, so that should affect me too, right? And yeah, it can do at times, though I'd say it's not much of a problem for me most of the time. My point is that any kind of sensory conditions or visual difficulties can be complicated, because triggers can be anything, at any given time. People with those conditions can find it hard to determine what could be a trigger. We know when it's happening but can't always explain the why or how - it's a big part of the reason as to why these things can be difficult to treat and understand.

As someone with a (different) disability, I'd like to add that questioning people about their disabilities can be a delicate matter, & answering those questions can be a wearisome task. Kudos to you, @PlanetSixam, & everyone else who has taken the time to explain the issues to those who don't experience them!

@becks1112 --you're welcome!
  • Options
    Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    Tbh I feel like my game has more bugs now than it did before... :/
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Tbh I feel like my game has more bugs now than it did before... :/

Well, they didn't fix many.... :\ According to the patch notes at least.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@So_Money
    Modder to the rescue again. Grey Loading Screens - Mod

I found this mod by leroidetout that allows you to have either a light grey or dark grey loading screen. After you download only choose one or the other to add to your Mods folder. I have the dark grey one and it is Awesome. http://modthesims.info/d/630256/grey-loading-screen.html

w7h7xy.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    @Hearts4u

It’s funny because I don’t look to EA for bug fixes anymore. I’m constantly on the lookout for mods that fix the game’s many issues.

Thanks for the link. :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but whatever graphic designer came up with this... you know what, I'll keep it to myself.

But it's hideous and cluttered. The old one was actually much neater. This reminds me of being a kid and stuffing everything under your bed when your parents told you to clean your room.

tumblr_puqr817h0n1rekivco1_1280.jpg

It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but I definitely liked the old one a lot better.

agreed not the worst, I did like the old ones better to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    @So_Money
    I took the dark grey mod down and am now using this one instead because there is nothing like the original. No more bright oversaturated blues. Home screen and white background loading screens are back with this mod. I'm so happy @paradiseplanet just shared this information.

Also in other news, TwistedMexi's Clean UI Mod is now publicly released, for those who want everything to be reverted to pre-rebranding!

https://simsvip.com/2019/07/19/get-your-old-game-menu-back-with-the-clean-ui-mod/

1zlesf7.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Morkovka wrote: »
    No stealing food fix. Restaurants still unplayable :(

plum hell!

I have a suite of eight mods that allow me to play restaurants without throwing something heavy through my monitor. There is no way to play a restaurant without using mods of some kind. Never was, and never will be, a lasting fix for all the bugs in that feature. Sadly, this is so true of too many glitched gameplay features in Sims4 that break your immersion or are just too dumb to put up with. I love my mods.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @So_Money
    Modder to the rescue again. Grey Loading Screens - Mod

I found this mod by leroidetout that allows you to have either a light grey or dark grey loading screen. After you download only choose one or the other to add to your Mods folder. I have the dark grey one and it is Awesome. http://modthesims.info/d/630256/grey-loading-screen.html

w7h7xy.jpg

Gray is easy on my eyes than Blue if an color was to be chosen.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    It's kind of sad that we have to wait a month for this but at least it's an improvement. It'll probably be patched with the Moschino patch.

Why should we have to wait for an entire month for this to be patched in? I cannot look at that screen without it triggering a panic attack. It's a good thing I passed on installing it. The teams have obviously resolved the issue already, so why not get it out there and get on with working on the Moschino update? The two aren't even closely related and I doubt the loading screen being changed to something better would have any kind of impact on the new pack update. It's just a lazy solution to a big problem EA is unwilling to acknowledge and spend a few bucks on in order to resolve it. There are already four or five mods that take care of the loading screens and the awful color choices that were made. But even with those mods being available, I know I won't install the rebranding update or that August update. I'm not buying that pack, Realm Of Magic or the EP in November anyway so I see no need to install updates of any kind. I am through with all the excuses and weak explanations about why they can't do things in a way that benefits us. That would be a very refreshing way to be treated, and appreciated. This also means any new bug fixes for Island Living are a month away. The patch we got on Tuesday didn't have the missing island counters, either. And we were given the impression those would be included in this new patch. A few days after Island Living was released there were CC island counters that match the new ones up for download. Once again, the modding community beat EA to the punch. And those mod creators don't have access to the vast resources EA has.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    It's kind of sad that we have to wait a month for this but at least it's an improvement. It'll probably be patched with the Moschino patch.

Why should we have to wait for an entire month for this to be patched in? I cannot look at that screen without it triggering a panic attack. It's a good thing I passed on installing it. The teams have obviously resolved the issue already, so why not get it out there and get on with working on the Moschino update? The two aren't even closely related and I doubt the loading screen being changed to something better would have any kind of impact on the new pack update. It's just a lazy solution to a big problem EA is unwilling to acknowledge and spend a few bucks on in order to resolve it. There are already four or five mods that take care of the loading screens and the awful color choices that were made. But even with those mods being available, I know I won't install the rebranding update or that August update. I'm not buying that pack, Realm Of Magic or the EP in November anyway so I see no need to install updates of any kind. I am through with all the excuses and weak explanations about why they can't do things in a way that benefits us. That would be a very refreshing way to be treated, and appreciated. This also means any new bug fixes for Island Living are a month away. The patch we got on Tuesday didn't have the missing island counters, either. And we were given the impression those would be included in this new patch. A few days after Island Living was released there were CC island counters that match the new ones up for download. Once again, the modding community beat EA to the punch. And those mod creators don't have access to the vast resources EA has.

As to why they can't release a hotfix patch, no idea.

They probably do have a patch planned for August that precedes the Moschino SP and they'll likely inser the new loading screen there. Itdoesn't have anything to do with Moschino, but it doesn't have to. We'll likely get other things in the update.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    We get an update before the release of every pack, and SimGuruFrost stated we should expect a patch with the new changes to the loading screens in about a month. What I'm saying is, there is no need to hang on to the patch for the loading screen changes if it is ready to go out now. When Simmers are unable to play because that new loading screen and the colors they used for the main menu, cause vision problems, anxiety, migraines and trigger panic attacks, there is a lot more at stake here than a number of Simmers simply being unhappy with the rebranding.These are health concerns that should have been considered before those colors were chosen as the final theme. Those colors caused an immediate panic attack the first time I saw them during the Maxis Monthly reveal. I did not install the update so I am not affected by the changes while many others were, and still are, being affected. This isn't something to be tabled for a later release. This needs to be rectified as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Why should we have to wait for an entire month for this to be patched in? I cannot look at that screen without it triggering a panic attack.

You're the first person I've seen mention panic attacks. Can you elaborate on this? What is it about the loading screen which is causing you panic attacks?

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    @PlanetSixam Panic attacks are triggered by things like certain sounds, bright light, chronic insomnia, anxiety, bright colors, and stress, to name a few. Mine are a combination of reactions to anxiety, the effects of PTSD, and certain colors. I experienced an almost instantaneous reaction to the intense brightness of the blue in the loading screen while viewing the Maxis Monthly reveal of the new rebranding changes. My heart rate went into overdrive, which is the first indication I am going into phase one of a panic attack, and it felt as if my eyes were being pierced by needles as I was being swallowed by that loading screen. Kind of like an out-of-body experience. Because of my heart rate going up so quickly, I then experienced a rush of adrenaline that caused me to tremble and shake from head to toe. Over the years I have learned several different coping methods that work, sometimes, to keep me focused until my meds kick in. This time I was able to prevent the attack from becoming too severe by doing breathing exercises after taking my meds. But my meds do not kick in as soon as I take them. It can take anywhere from twenty to forty minutes before that happens. So while concentrating on my breathing, I paced around my house for about thirty minutes before the meds kicked in. I was able to get my heart rate down after about five minutes but by then I was in phase two of the attack and crying because I had lost control of my thoughts and my own body again. These little gems can happen at any time. I have had them come on while sleeping, driving, grocery shopping, at family events, even while reading a book. The funny part in all this is the fact I often play my Sims games to help me stay calm because I am focused on something other than the panic attack. But that bright blue screen is evil. LOL