Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Today is terrible. Everything is the worst. I'm not dramatic.

Sorry to hear that. But tomorrow might turn out to be good.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member

I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon. I recommend drinking some tea and petting some cats in the meantime.
    DeKay wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. But tomorrow might turn out to be good.

Thank you both :smile:
    unknown.png
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited July 2019
    I got my echo dot today...and my sister is having fun playing the games Alexa has to offer.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Art is conflicting because i'm trying out new coloring/shading techniques and i think i'm getting better meanwhile my proportions/anatomy is getting worse :')
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

I'm a skinwalker.

In the Navajo culture, a skinwalker is a type of harmful witch who has the ability to turn into, possess, or disguise themselves as an animal. They are most frequently seen as coyotes, wolves, foxes, eagles, owls or crows. Some can also “steal” the faces of different people, and could appear as someone you know.

If their other powers weren’t enough, Skinwalkers are also said to be able to run incredibly long distances — some say over 200 miles in one evening. Skinwalkers have a tendency to hang around graveyards and can dig up graves at an impossibly fast speed.

Hey, friend, let's talk for a moment. It's great that you're a shapeshifter and everything, very splendid and a little disconcerting. However, if you received this result, I am a little worried about you. I understand, crows are great and the change of form is also great ... sometimes. However, skinwalkers are not very- welcomed in society. I'm not saying that shapeshifters are accepted by society, I just thought to let you know that skinwalkers are a bit dreaded and feared by most people. But, you do you and do not let me tell you otherwise. I'm sure there are many ... people (?) like you out there. Go get 'em.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member

Nagual

xriy7ipdq3.jpg

I couldn't get the text to copy...
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

Nagual

xriy7ipdq3.jpg

In Mesoamerican folk religion, a nagual or nahual is a human being who has the power to transform beyond the premises of the human form. It's a shapeshifter. It's also believed to be a personal guardian spirit that can reside in an animal such as a deer, jaguar, or bird. In some areas, the nagual is the animal in which certain powerful men can transform themselves to do evil. Therefore, the animal acts as a disguise so people don't perceive that person as the evil they choose to do in animal form.

There are several definitions for the term 'Nagual'. It is up to you to decide if you, as you received this response, believe that you are guardian spirit or a human being that transforms into an animal to do evil. I will assume that you want to be a friendly guardian spirit that takes the form of a deer, a jaguar or a bird and I congratulate you on your outcome.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Nagual

xriy7ipdq3.jpg

In Mesoamerican folk religion, a nagual or nahual is a human being who has the power to transform beyond the premises of the human form. It's a shapeshifter. It's also believed to be a personal guardian spirit that can reside in an animal such as a deer, jaguar, or bird. In some areas, the nagual is the animal in which certain powerful men can transform themselves to do evil. Therefore, the animal acts as a disguise so people don't perceive that person as the evil they choose to do in animal form.

There are several definitions for the term 'Nagual'. It is up to you to decide if you, as you received this response, believe that you are guardian spirit or a human being that transforms into an animal to do evil. I will assume that you want to be a friendly guardian spirit that takes the form of a deer, a jaguar or a bird and I congratulate you on your outcome.

tnx!

I am Catman!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

Nagual

xriy7ipdq3.jpg

I got that too
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options

Nagual

xriy7ipdq3.jpg

tnx!

I am Catman!

And I'm all the 'dark' animals. 🤘
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    *pulls out the ingredients for midnight pancakes*
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Do y'all mind if i post this drawing, since i'm trying to change stuff up i could probably use some criticism :P
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    Do y'all mind if i post this drawing, since i'm trying to change stuff up i could probably use some criticism :P

yes
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png
    yes those are the two girls from the new patch. i love them ok
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    false alarm
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

What's the difference here besides the shading below the nose and upper lip? There's a slight almost vertical line over the purple hair too.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

You're really improving! Good work!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

What's the difference here besides the shading below the nose and upper lip? There's a slight almost vertical line over the purple hair too.

you saying that makes me realize that it really isn't that different
    i mean uhhh... well the nose shading and the fact they have lips now, the hair shading is different (but i blurred it too much in this so it's not noticeable) and the eyes, plus the lineart is a different color, but that's all trivial
    It's probably more noticeable in the first couple of drawings i did with the new style *shrug*

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

Thank you! :3
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited July 2019

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

i mean uhhh... well the nose shading and the fact they have lips now, the hair shading is different (but i blurred it too much in this so it's not noticeable) and the eyes, plus the lineart is a different color, but that's all trivial
    It's probably more noticeable in the first couple of drawings i did with the new style *shrug*

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

Yeah, I think you blurred out the shading a bit too much. I don't think a lot of people will notice the shadows too since the hue is almost too similar to the base color. What you could do is pick a slightly different hue. So, for the purple hair, you can use a more reddish purple for the shadow. And for the blue cap, you can go with a more greenish blue.

The big difference I see is that you're trying new poses and you're drawing fingers. :blush: So that's good!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

Yeah, I think you blurred out the shading a bit too much. I don't think a lot of people will notice the shadows too since the hue is almost too similar to the base color. What you could do is pick a slightly different hue. So, for the purple hair, you can use a more reddish purple for the shadow. And for the blue cap, you can go with a more greenish blue.

The big difference I see is that you're trying new poses and you're drawing fingers. :blush: So that's good!

Ooo. I'll definitely try that.

Yup! I've gotten to where i can kind of do both without references. Just with poses they always look stiff, but i'm working on that. ^^
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    edited July 2019

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

yes

Ok
    1c4fVnx.png

Ooo. I'll definitely try that.

Yup! I've gotten to where i can kind of do both without references. Just with poses they always look stiff, but i'm working on that. ^^

To make poses not look stiff, you have to draw your guidelines (skeleton?) in curves. We had to learn this in art school where there's a model doing a crazy pose and we only have like 10 secs to draw the skeleton before the model switches to another pose. And it was hard as heck cuz you had to get the proportions right and everything in just 10 secs. LOL!

Something like this:
    dynamic-sketches.jpg

Our professor would tell us to get out with our sketchbook and sit at one corner and draw people but I suppose you don't go out much, so what you can do is maybe go on Youtube and watch some music videos or something with real people while sketching the poses to practice.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    please, I'm trying to block out Life Drawing class
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    please, I'm trying to block out Life Drawing class

It's a nightmare. XD I need to bleach my eyes every time too.

Steve Rogers waiting for his boi, Thor to come join the Wakanda fight. :D
    783a178037a7f579d2f16327ac1af4ed.jpg
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

I'm a skinwalker.

In the Navajo culture, a skinwalker is a type of harmful witch who has the ability to turn into, possess, or disguise themselves as an animal. They are most frequently seen as coyotes, wolves, foxes, eagles, owls or crows. Some can also “steal” the faces of different people, and could appear as someone you know.

If their other powers weren’t enough, Skinwalkers are also said to be able to run incredibly long distances — some say over 200 miles in one evening. Skinwalkers have a tendency to hang around graveyards and can dig up graves at an impossibly fast speed.

Hey, friend, let's talk for a moment. It's great that you're a shapeshifter and everything, very splendid and a little disconcerting. However, if you received this result, I am a little worried about you. I understand, crows are great and the change of form is also great ... sometimes. However, skinwalkers are not very- welcomed in society. I'm not saying that shapeshifters are accepted by society, I just thought to let you know that skinwalkers are a bit dreaded and feared by most people. But, you do you and do not let me tell you otherwise. I'm sure there are many ... people (?) like you out there. Go get 'em.

Hamrammr

This creature is from old Icelandic literature. It is a werecreature that shifts into the form of the animal it has most recently eaten. It’s strength increases with each animal it consumes.

In general, the hamrammr are known for being powerful, crafty, wise, and dangerous creatures. When provoked, they will attack.
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    deleted. I'm tired, ok? :joy:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top