Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PATCH IS OUT NOW!

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    What do you guys think of the cover sims?

1l7O84H.png

(the last girl is suppose to be the purple hair girl in the cover render lol)

They all look nothing like the render, lol. They darkened the skin tones of the males and the proportions of virtually all of them are off.

I love how the backgrounds of most of those NPC's are: Photographer, fashion photographer, designer, designer/free lance programmer, social media activist for minorities, or body builder....lol Very important careers indeed Maxis, 10/10 role models. They sure know how to be woke at least lol, that's who they are catering to. They'd rather have another bath water influencer career rather then a teaching career, the law career, firemen career, and so on....it's really sad. Careers that are very important are being forgotten over this stupidity. But whatever....

Sometimes I feel like the gurus live inside twitter or something.

@Sigzy05 :lol: the bolded.

I still can't believe we are, what, five years into The Sims 4 and we still don't have more traditional and realistic careers.

Ahahaha ;)

Me too. I can't believe there are so many traditional and realistic careers still missing from this game!

It’s much cooler to be an “influencer” than having traditional jobs. Apparently.

“I don’t want to be a Lawyer, Mum and Dad- I just want to take selfies and upload my every waking move to the Internet”

They say hope is the last thing to leave a person. I think that may be true because I'm still hoping for some normal average joe careers. Why can't I choose for my sim to be a mailman? Or construction worker, firefighter, teacher or many other normal jobs.

We can haz Pharmacist?

I'd actually like that. We never had that in TS.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I think the number one thing driving me really crazy about this UI change is something small but the unicorn Llama and freezer bunny jumping up and down on my screen. This is teen rated not TODDLER rated. I felt like it was made for a five year old...ugh I want it gone along with other things but this really needs to go.

I agree. I was going through the gallery and my feed and I could see the llama jumping on the bottom of the screen the whole time. It was distracting. Not a fan....
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yikes! I hate pastel toddler toys jumping up and down when I've actually completed my Young Adult life stage. When TS4 was fresh, it did not appeal to me because it felt too childish, gloomy and plastic pastel-ish. It grew out of that child mood, luckily, but if jumping toys are on my UI I might soon take the hint from EA and stop playing. Did not dl the patch yet, and am in no hurry.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    I think the number one thing driving me really crazy about this UI change is something small but the unicorn Llama and freezer bunny jumping up and down on my screen. This is teen rated not TODDLER rated. I felt like it was made for a five year old...ugh I want it gone along with other things but this really needs to go.

I agree. I was going through the gallery and my feed and I could see the llama jumping on the bottom of the screen the whole time. It was distracting. Not a fan....

LOL isn't it horrible?

@Simmerville I know what you mean LOL
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    No stealing food fix. Restaurants still unplayable :(

🐸🐸🐸🐸 hell!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm sad that they also haven't fixed the issue where we can't do the retail interactions on costumer celebrities, unless the sim knows them.

I always have to send my celebrity costumers away because of this. It's impossible to get to know them and influence them to buy things in a single shift.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I finally played the game after downloading TwistedMexi's mod to revert the UI. (I paid $2 to get it early via Patreon.) The first sim I created using CAS Stories was a lazy tech guru named Graham. The name was randomized.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    becks1112 wrote: »
    I wanted a fix for the actor career. I still can't see the tasks that I have to complete before a gig. They need to fix that one.

I'm happy to hear that's a bug actually! I'm playing an actor for the first time since the pack came out, and i thought they updated the career to make it easier or something. Im glad that isnt the case!
  • Options
    Here are my first 2 sims. They are both lazy goofballs for some reason.
    7QtUVUA.png
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited July 2019
    Here's an update regarding the loading screen colours, I'm really grateful that they've listened!

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Here's an update regarding the loading screen colours, I'm really grateful that they've listened!

I love the new, darker one!

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

Compared to the patch version, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Hahaha. I could almost hear you say that.

• Options

I'm impressed that the forums are able to transmit voices now. XD
  • Options

They always have for me. (I read comments in peoples’ voices anyways. If I don’t know the person, I make up a voice based on their username or profile picture.)
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »

They always have for me. (I read comments in peoples’ voices anyways. If I don’t know the person, I make up a voice based on their username or profile picture.)

*wonders what I hypothetically sound like*
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

August? Really? They couldn’t have pushed through a hotfix for this?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Sweet new dark loading screen. Looks great and I’m glad they listened to the feedback. I didn’t hate it but it did hurt my eyes, not as much as the white but still, the new color is much better all around.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Still bland as heck but so much better in terms of color! Even the plumbob stands out much more, thank god!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    @surraaaaaa @becks1112 & anyone else with this issue - The bug-report title for the skills/tasks for gigs not showing up for the acting career indicates that someone's found a workaround. Hope the workaround works for you! You can still hit the me-too button if you haven't already, as it remains an open issue.

eta: if it does work, don't forget to give the poster (#12 in that link) some xp! Newbie poster comes up with solution! :+1:
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Someone on twitter posted this:

D_s_BppXYAIaX6j.jpg:large

With the animated llamacorn and the freezer bunny as the centre and the animated plumbob in the corner. I wouldn't be opposed to this either, I kind of like it. It's cute and distracts me while it's loading.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    August? Really? They couldn’t have pushed through a hotfix for this?

Of course it would be ideal for them to patch this ASAP and I'll most likely not be playing the game much until they do patch it, but at least it's a step in the right direction. I'm just glad that they're changing the lighter blue, the darker one is much easier on the eyes.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    It's kind of sad that we have to wait a month for this but at least it's an improvement. It'll probably be patched with the Moschino patch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

With the animated llamacorn and the freezer bunny as the centre and the animated plumbob in the corner. I wouldn't be opposed to this either, I kind of like it. It's cute and distracts me while it's loading.
    Ugh please no. I hate that llama and bunny at the corner of my screen.
  • Options

Ugh please no. I hate that llama and bunny at the corner of my screen.

Why? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1