Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want sims to start being charged Admission for things.

So it would be nice if for some things sims were charged at venues. Like an optional lot trait. Sims should be charged to go to a nightclub, such as in certain places in real life.

Or if in the future I have an amusement park, I dont want sims going for free admission. I like realism.
"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."

Comments

• Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    That would make for a neat lot trait, or even a toggle so you wouldn't need to "waste" a trait on it. I remember having a mod a while back that did this, as well as one that allowed sims to buy and own any lot type, I'd love to see some type of lot management like this in a future pack.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    There is a mod that does this bit yeah I think an in game lot trait to add a fee would be good
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I don't want it tied to a lot trait, I downloaded that but it's annoying to get charged to hang outside the lot. I had a club outside the spice festival lot and Sims were charged for the club when visiting the festival. Oops!

I want it tied to objects. A barrier rope gate, a door, a turnstile, etc. I also want different options that make sense for different lot types. For example, a carnival could have a turnstile, but other lots could even have a combo of a barrier rope with staff who takes your ticket, or a bouncer. More room specific, if we want, rather than whole lot.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    edited June 2019
    i fully disagree with this idea not someting i went in the game since i play the sims4 to escape realty sometime not to recreate it in game since i also keep aging fully turn off.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That would be nice. I never really thought about it, but it is weird for sims to just waltz up into museums and clubs and not be charged a cent.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    They should bring back the Barrier To Entry System! Thumbnail_300x300.png
    That would allow for more customization, like for example having another area you can enter by paying or having two nightclubs on one lot.

a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Yes! Barrier system would be really cool, would also really like it if libraries and museums weren't open 24/7 I'm not sure where libraries and museums are open 24/7 I personally just want the game to be a bit more difficult. even rags to riches challenges aren't that difficult.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited June 2019
    This would be cool, especially if, like you say, if was something the player could choose and design for their lots. The drop down sounds nice--I've always wished there were more options like the for restaurants for other lot types. You could just add a "fee" and you could set at various rates, and maybe even dress code option as well, for each public venue.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Sounds like the Bouncer door to me. Which we already have.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes make the simoleons more meaningful like charging gym membership for 3000 simoleons a week cancel anytime.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    I use the mod but the barrier would be great. I used that a lot for Sims 2 businesses.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    I want a daycare and a preschool
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    At that point I feel like the Venues should be owned by a sim at that point. Just have purchasable Nightclubs, Gyms, Museums. I rather have the money go somewhere than just funneled away into the game.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    @kwanzaabot its not a feature already. at all. this could be used for a "pretend" theme park or something. its not just lots with doors where this would be needed. the bouncer door is only realistic for nightclubs and some lounges.
  • Options
    tHe_silent_HtHe_silent_H Posts: 28 Member
    + 1 to this being tied to an object, imagine an exclusive diner you have to pay to even get seated. the question is does the money do to teh owner of the lot(if it is owned) and should reduce foot traffic if placed in the entrance of say a restaurant or vet clinic.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't want it tied to a lot trait, I downloaded that but it's annoying to get charged to hang outside the lot. I had a club outside the spice festival lot and Sims were charged for the club when visiting the festival. Oops!

I want it tied to objects. A barrier rope gate, a door, a turnstile, etc. I also want different options that make sense for different lot types. For example, a carnival could have a turnstile, but other lots could even have a combo of a barrier rope with staff who takes your ticket, or a bouncer. More room specific, if we want, rather than whole lot.

This is a far better option not to mention it doesn't occupy a lot trait slot. Really would like sims to get charged to enter gyms and museums etc. And while place in a retail lot that our sim's own, we should get the income from that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,358 Member
    I already use a mod that lets sims pay at objects. Works like a charm!

I wouldn't like a lot trait that charges sims by the hour. More often than not I have lots that my sims are free to enter, but if they want to use a specific object (all the free to use aqua jets, boats and floaties at Sulani, but bowling alleys come to mind, too) or enter a specific section (a cinema above a normal bar, for example) or even do something (like taking photos), then they have to pay.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes everything is too easy and free. No taxies, no travel costs, no holiday costs, no food costs when a fridge is placed on a lot, no clothing costs, no groceries to be done. I mean, we get all this money and on what should my sims spend it if everything is free. I don't get how they did not replica this better just as real life.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,029 Member
    They should bring back the Barrier To Entry System! Thumbnail_300x300.png
    That would allow for more customization, like for example having another area you can enter by paying or having two nightclubs on one lot.

I would like this back as well.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Yes everything is too easy and free. No taxies, no travel costs, no holiday costs, no food costs when a fridge is placed on a lot, no clothing costs, no groceries to be done. I mean, we get all this money and on what should my sims spend it if everything is free. I don't get how they did not replica this better just as real life.

Agreed. My sims are eternally rich because everything is free. I want realism when it comes to money and banks/inheritance/wills too.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    aprilrose wrote: »

Agreed. My sims are eternally rich because everything is free. I want realism when it comes to money and banks/inheritance/wills too.

Everyone is always talking about how easy it is to become rich in the sims, but I don't see that happening for me. The most my sims have ever had at once is about $3000-4000 dollars.
  • Options
    tHe_silent_HtHe_silent_H Posts: 28 Member
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    > aprilrose wrote: »
    >
    > FurSimsOfficial wrote: »
    >
    > Yes everything is too easy and free. No taxies, no travel costs, no holiday costs, no food costs when a fridge is placed on a lot, no clothing costs, no groceries to be done. I mean, we get all this money and on what should my sims spend it if everything is free. I don't get how they did not replica this better just as real life.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Agreed. My sims are eternally rich because everything is free. I want realism when it comes to money and banks/inheritance/wills too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Everyone is always talking about how easy it is to become rich in the sims, but I don't see that happening for me. The most my sims have ever had at once is about $3000-4000 dollars.

the most the would of had is $20000 b4 they moved in :P
  • Options
    but then they build a house and usually have maybe $1000.00 left :)@tHe_silent_H