Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Listening to Summer Strut music channel makes a sim feel confident.

And New Age makes them Focused.
    But how about other music?
    Haven't been able to try all of them, but classical/jazz/blues/alternative at least don't seem to do anything.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    In sims 4, baby is seen as "object", so if you type the cheat "bb.showhiddenobjects", then type in debug in the search bar in build mode, now you can buy babies!

If you do this, are they added to your household and family tree?

No, it's a shame the baby you can buy is real object, it is a baby floating in the air without bassinet! It won't move or cry, kinda like decoration. LOL!

Baby in sims 4 is seen as a half-object and half-living thing. And it is designed to go with bassinet. You can move it with the bassinet in building mode, but you can't move it while playing. You can't edit it in CAS but you can transfer it to another household. So you can raise other sims' babies.
  • Options
    adduapina wrote: »
    But how about other music?

Eating strawberries or listening to pop music will increase odds for having a girl, while eating carrots or listening to alternative music increases the likelihood of having a boy.

But I'm not sure if this has to be done during or before the pregnancy. Maybe it should be done before the game informs you that your sim is pregnant. I said this because I had mod to know the unborn baby was boy. My female sims listened to pop a lot. Then somehow it changed to female when it closer to labor. I didn't test it but I assumed before the game tells you or doing the pregnancy test, the gender of a unborn baby might be changeable by doing these stuffs. I didn't test if the gender would still be changed if I let her do those to-get-baby-boy stuffs. Anyway, just some funny things I want to share.

Listen to the winter or summer one in season will get a player moodlet. Not sure what will happen if you listen to them when not in season. When playful, sim will get bored moodlet while listening to new age.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    @OphiuchuserRules

Oh yea, I had forgotten about the music affecting the gender of the baby. Whooops. Thanks for reminding me of that one, been wondering why some of my fetuses seem to ignore strawberries and carrots being eaten... hehe. :sweat_smile:

And thanks also for the info on summer/winter music, hadn't realized that before!
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    If you comb the beach you might find fish. My conservationist found a bonefish as well as a few others... obviously, the fish were foul but good way to add to your collection :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I found those interesting things in an old patch note which introduced the ghost feature:

Ghosts have a unique post life experience based upon how they died…
    Sims that died by hunger seek to satisfy their hunger in the after life
    Sims that died by overexertion and old age find they prefer to take it easy in the afterlife
    Sims that died by fire have a new interaction available to them… when, well, try and not make them angry
    Sims that died by an emotional death can radiate their emotion onto other Sims
    Sims that died by electrocution, when angry, have a unique interaction to break electronic devices. They also seem to really enjoy the “Hand Buzzer” social.
    Sims that died by Cowplant have the desire to harm and help the plant world. They can cause plants to die when in a negative emotion, but will care for plants when in a positive emotion.

Ghosts can possess objects, and they can repair broken objects when possessed

Ghosts have new interactions available to them, such as "Ghost Scare," "Pass Through," and "Talk About Death"

Level 10 Gourmet cooks have a new recipe “Ambrosia”, which can be used to bring a Ghost to life (or give a Sim renewed life)!

There is a new gardening flower type, the Deathflower, which can be used by a Sim to save themselves or another when visited by the Reaper!

There are more new type of death which might have give the killed sim new features. This was an old patch note which only had those death available by that time. So go test it out!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2019
    In city living when sims start playing loud music in their apartments if you listen closely the loud, muffled metal music is actually from the Sims 2.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    If you're a cop and you start singing in front of the prison cell, the inmates will tip you.

That is hilarious :'D
  • Options
    If you're a cop and you start singing in front of the prison cell, the inmates will tip you.

I guess crime DOES pay. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member

I can only hope that the game will eventually the police officers sing "Bad Boys" to the arrestees! :) Now that would give me the giggles!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    jupkmn wrote: »
    I've been playing Jungle Adventures since it's release and just now I realized that the city's name is Selvadorada. I was calling it Selvadora until now.

Oh my gosh, same here! Except I still don't have the pack.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @Lithilien @LadyKyn @lsnishi It's going to get even funnier because that cop is an aspiring celebrity - chasing criminals by day, playing music and singing at karaoke bars by night. He hasn't quite reached his first star yet, but when he does, I'm sure there will be some fans among his suspects...
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Ok I will look into this..
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Child of the Sea trait: Your sims will feel sad when they catch/eat fish. I kind of find that annoying. I had my sim with that trait and was getting tired of him being sad over catching fish- he worked as a fisherman for cryin' out loud- so I changed that to Loves the Outdoors. He has since retired and his son is now a lifeguard(which was another job my sim had had to make extra money). My female sim had the same jobs, but at different hours than her husband. Both have since retired from their careers and their kids are working now.

@HillyBeth, they also get sad viewing mounted fish placed on walls.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    If your Sim is a mermaid, the fitness skill rises quickly when they're swimming!
  • Options
    AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    if you don't have a stove and are living pay check to pay check the neighbors (island natives) will bring you extra food so you can eat something substancial :D:D I have a Sim who started out as "shipwrecked" homeless and slowly building her home on the beach<3
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    AjaGio wrote: »
    if you don't have a stove and are living pay check to pay check the neighbors (island natives) will bring you extra food so you can eat something substancial :D:D I have a Sim who started out as "shipwrecked" homeless and slowly building her home on the beach<3

I have a 7th generation household with $3,5M cash and they still keep bringing food like twice a week, most often when I am running low (just a few servings left in the fridge) because the other sims were busy with other stuff than cooking. It's definitely not related to your funds.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Did you know there's a drink you can learn while in the Mixologist branch called Snaggle Fluster when a chance card pops up? (Though there's also a chance the guy selling it to you might rip you off as well.)

It enhances skill gain 4 times over, but the heavy effect from drinking this drink is that your sims bladder will god own six times faster.

Also, placing a hot tub on a pool lot sims will definitely use it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited July 2019
    To get the most out of skill books you need your sim to be in the corresponding moodlet.

Want to read about charisma? Get confident. Fishing? Get focused, etc.
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    If your Sim is a mermaid, the fitness skill rises quickly when they're swimming!

My sim asked her friend if he's a mermaid, he got cross at her sort of denying it, she ended up marrying him, and he joined the household, and then I found out that he IS a mermaid :smiley: with a beautiful red tail and now I understand why he swam so fast when he was not part of the household and his tail was not visible. Will they have mermaid babies though, I wonder ??
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Lithilien wrote: »

My sim asked her friend if he's a mermaid, he got cross at her sort of denying it, she ended up marrying him, and he joined the household, and then I found out that he IS a mermaid :smiley: with a beautiful red tail and now I understand why he swam so fast when he was not part of the household and his tail was not visible. Will they have mermaid babies though, I wonder ??

Best of luck to your genetics.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Lithilien wrote: »

My female mermaid has had two girls with none merman males and both are mermaids..
  • Options
    DanaanhornDanaanhorn Posts: 38 Member
    I just found out that theres now a fire brigade that comes to help if you have a fire {caused by the volcano at least. idk if regular too}
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    The video editor can only hold so many unpublished vids. Eight or twelve, I think.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top