Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    @Pamtastic72 ooh great tip!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I had a sim that turned into a vampire and then I had her use the drink to make her human again before eating kelp to become a mermaid. At first she held on to the very pale skin color she had from being a vampire and it always would say she could not sunbathe. But today I decided to change her skin color to resemble a tan, she is outside a lot, and after changing that somehow she is now able to sunbathe, even tho she is a mermaid. So happy she can do that again.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    umm, how do you buy a heater? I'm sick of my sims wearing their snow clothes inside? thanks @Simpkin Can't get into game atm
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    umm, how do you buy a heater? I'm sick of my sims wearing their snow clothes inside? thanks @Simpkin Can't get into game atm

it's in the appliances section I think. Or just type in thermostat, I'm sure it'll work. Under appliances though it's the little alarm icon, think fire alarm is in there too. And just have your sim turn it on.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    Did you know that townies from other worlds won't show up in Island Living if you don't have friends from other worlds or just create a new Sims and create new townies to fill up houses in Sulani. Don't move townies from other worlds. Having a bar will only have Island Living folks around. I like this. When I added a restaurant, cafe, othere townies from other worlds came so I didn't save the game and then I deleted both. I like this.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Awesome!!! Thank you so much @Simpkin , I had no idea :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Did you know that townies from other worlds won't show up in Island Living if you don't have friends from other worlds or just create a new Sims and create new townies to fill up houses in Sulani. Don't move townies from other worlds. Having a bar will only have Island Living folks around. I like this. When I added a restaurant, cafe, othere townies from other worlds came so I didn't save the game and then I deleted both. I like this.

My sim did not know anyone except those that live on the island and when i added a restaurant lots of sims from other worlds showed up, thats how she started meeting some of them because she did not leave the island often and not for a few days
  • Options
    OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've seen all the comments in this thread for almost 3 days, I was surprised that most players assumed something wrong. I've played sims 4 for a while, and whenever something bad or new happened, I'll always look it up by googling or figuring it out by my own, so here are something I wanted to share:

Using observatory would enhance the chance of getting abduction, especially during the midnight, and owning rocket also affect the chance, not to mention going outer space. Owning space rocks, alien items, with high relationships with aliens will also enhance the chance, that's why scientists and doctors tend to get abduction because they more or less will meet some alien during work. And sims with higher logic and rocket skills tend to be targeted as well. Unless modded, the Investigate Weird Light queue can't be canceled. But if you block the path to that light like remove or lock the door, your sim can be saved from abduction.

Only male will end up pregnant with a full alien by abduction, but not for every time! Female will only get moodlet. Geek sims will get different moodlet when abducted. Elder male can be pregnant by abduction as well. And male alien and vampire will end up pregnant, too. More than one sim can be abducted at the same time. And you can get twin or even triple from abduction.
    Post edited by OphiuchuserRules on
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    If your Sim is Child Of The Ocean and they make fish tacos, they'll get a negative mood!
  • Options
    If you have the Parenthood, when your child goes into the Bear phase, and let him or her change into other clothes, I bet you'll get the most hilarious moodlet that you've ever got.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    After the midnight, the NPC walked around your current active lot can be vampire. Besides the 3 pre-made ones, the game sometimes creates more vampires with different levels and different abilities. So you don't have to ask those pre-made one to turn your non-vampire sims, there are more options there if you keep looking.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    To be more specific, NPC vampire show up more frequently after the midnight until the sun goes up, but if a NPC vampire who is immune to the sun will still show up in day time, so don't be surprised to see a vampire vendor! And be careful! Some are immune to garlic. Just want to warn you guys that NPC vampire have random abilities.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If you have the Seasons, the quality of honey depends on the friendship and grumpiness. By owning honey, you can cook honey cake. You can collect a swarm of bee which you can do some interesting stuffs by it! Go check it out! I highly recommend that use the "woo" one to the sim that you're romantically interested.
  • Options
    Unless modded, toddler is immune to death.
    If the need is extremely low, children can still die if the social worker doesn't work in time. And be careful! They can die from accidents(fire, poison) as well.
    Elder can die from physical activities that requires much more strength and stamina, so don't let them exercise or woohoo too much. If your elder get the uncomfortable moodlet from doing something, it's a warning that he or she is about to die.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Vampires are immune to a total of 12 deaths by default: old age, hunger, drowning (including ponds), overexertion, emotional deaths, steam, low-quality puffer fish, flower scent, freezing and overheating. Vampires also have access to the "Sunlight Immunity" perk, effectively making them immune to 13 deaths in total when leveled up to final level. So vampires are the strongest!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Did you know that some NPC won't age or die? They're called immortal.
    There is one named Alex Moyer in the base game. And if you have the Get Famous, the pre-made celebrity named Baby Ariel.
    The are more immortal NPC in this game, so be careful! If you get involved with them like married one, your found out the sims you created or you have the kids with this immortal all die, and the immortal one remain the same age.
  • Options
    olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member
    > @logion said:
    > If your sim are taking too long to drink a glass, click somewhere on the ground and make them walk there, they will always take a sip every time they walk somewhere with a glass in hand.

WOW Ive been reading the thread slowly and this is really useful tip!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Put a public toilet, bar, shower on a beach and stick a large tent in your inventory and you can take your family of four from your world to an island beach for a whole weekend. Four can sleep in a large tent (from Granite Falls). Those megacoolers help too.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I know this has been said before...

Vampires can use umbrellas when they are outside during the daylight. They won't sizzle or suffer.
    48189017692_22a26bdc3a_b.jpg
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    There is one named Alex Moyer in the base game. And if you have the Get Famous, the pre-made celebrity named Baby Ariel.
    The are more immortal NPC in this game, so be careful! If you get involved with them like married one, your found out the sims you created or you have the kids with this immortal all die, but the NPC himself or herself still remain the same age.
    I married the gold statue once. Had to remove the trait and she was normal from then on.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The are more immortal NPC in this game, so be careful! If you get involved with them like married one, your found out the sims you created or you have the kids with this immortal all die, but the NPC himself or herself still remain the same age.

Nannies are immortal. Well, the one in my game is as he has been an elder for generations, outliving the toddlers he minded.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    In Get Famous, paparazzi all have shameless and kleptomaniac traits, I think it's designed to cause drama in your game. If you don't lock your door, they'll enter your house, trying to take photos, when their kleptomaniac trait kick in, they'll feel tense and swipe your items. And the shameless trait can help they break in your bathroom without feeling embarrassed.
    When you travel to another sims' house, the paparazzi will still follow you, and they'll swipe things from that sims' house, I assumed. This can cause huge trouble to your sims! I once got a text from Brant Hecking accusing me of stealing his stuff. But funny thing was that I didn't(I never play kleptomaniac sim), and I hadn't visited his lot for a long time! After knowing all the paparazzi have the kleptomaniac trait, it hit me that maybe it was them who took his item. But by the time I visited his house, my sim was not even famous to draw paparazzi! LOL! The whole thing was so confusing! After the text disappeared, my friendship with Brant dropped a lot, so did my reputation! So be careful! Paparazzi are troublemakers. I guess that NPC will always blame your sims for stealing, even though it is the paparazzi who to blame.

Edit: I checked the recent update note, it seems like the accusing text is a bug. They've fixed it. But still a funny drama to share. LOL!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2019
    *scratches Get Famous off the list* ...Nope. :D
  • Options
    Adult now can do part-time job like teen! And you can have two part time job! Not sure if you can do three or more.
  • Options
    I still recommend you guys buy the Get Famous, especially for those who want to earn more money, or conquer the careers! Once you reach higher celebrity status, you can earn fame points which you can use to earn extra bonus to your sims, I chose the one which made the promotion easier, so it only took me like a few sims' hours to reach the promotion!
    And there was another one gain more money, so my salary was double. The income from publishing books or music, selling paintings...anything in this game that can make money all benefit from it, I guess!
    There are pros and cons when it comes to being a celebrity in this game, and you can choose not being a celebrity or not even though you have the Get Famous.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top