Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do you do with your sims cash??

my sims are sat on piles of cash and I have no idea what to do about it!

the money built up overtime without cheats from having a large family (I'm on generation three and have had the family living together, so two grandparents, then usually a child with his/her partner). then they also won the lottery, so now I have over a million!

I don't really like having huge mansions for houses, I prefer smaller more close houses.

I've considered upping the bills amount just to try and help shift some of the money :lol:

so please do help me, what can I do with this pile of cash?

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am planning on divvying it up among the offspring, when I move them out, keeping a decent nest-egg for my parents. The kids can use it to buy their starter homes & furnishings.

Also, once I have my Handiness maxed, I no longer spend the effort to Repair broken plumbing, appliances or electronics, but select the option to simply purchase a replacement. It's faster, and like you have observed, I have more money than I can easily spend.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    You could set up some sort of inheritance system for your sims. Or wait till they reach max amount and then remove it all so that they start from mostly scratch again. You can raise the bills. You can gift simoleans to friends/family. You can purchase lots. You can just make it all go away. It's really up to you what you do with it, but hope this helps some!
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited July 2019
    If you have Island Living (and one of the three additional necessary packs), you could have your sims buy a vacation home by having them purchase a retail/vet/restaurant lot and building a house on it. I have a few families that have a lot of money, so I'm thinking of having one of them do this, especially since one of them has a lot of kids. Multiple generations earning money in the same house adds up fast.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    If you have Island Living (and one of the three additional necessary packs), you could have your sims buy a vacation home by having them purchase a retail/vet/restaurant lot and building a house on it. I have a few families that have a lot of money, so I'm thinking of having one of them do this, especially since one of them has a lot of kids. Multiple generations earning money in the same house adds up fast.

Ooo, I've been trying to think of a way to have my sims be able to go on vacation to Sulani, and I never thought of retail lots as vacation homes - thanks :smiley:
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't do much with them, really, I just make my sims bust their behinds to make more and more. xD After I've bought the most expensive bed, TV, PC, shower etc., I'm done. =P
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,691 Member
    I think I would have made up some new thing that my sim could invest money in, or perhaps found something that could be built on a community lot for everyone to visit. Or, I might make up an in coming call telling my sim that he is actually a Baron, and that by paying §860.000 can gain back his righty noble title and castle. Btw, none of my sims get that rich :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    silver_songbirdsilver_songbird Posts: 305 Member

I hadn't thought of that! I own pets so I can do vets. thank you; thats a super cool idea :D
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Cash only worth for poor sims who saving up for big houses, other than that I have no real use of it since most of the furnitures on big houses are already in a good quality.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I usually give mines away to other sims lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    bbonnahbbonnah Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm on the 4th generation of a save that I've been playing for over 3 years without any money cheats lol. I freeze the aging for a while with each generation until I want to move on, though. Anyway I'm at around 10M simoleons and I've spent most of it as floridameerkat described - I have 7 of these "vacation" lots right now with houses of varying sizes, plus an electronics retail store so that's probably half of it right there. I have a bunch in a vault on my home lot which increases the bills that I pay, too. Oh and of course I stayed away from the Fabulously Wealthy perk that earns you weekly interest. Might as well spam motherlode if you select that thing lol.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I make them pay taxes, which helps, but this is one reason I want cars. Even if they’re only expensive decorations for our sims’ driveways, they’d be something to spend all that money on.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    - Invest their money upon other sims, companies, small business and organizations, and building projects.
    - Throw Grand Parties, and events.
    - Pay the Butlers, Nanny, Chef
    - Pay the bills (500K/week)
    - Furnish their extravagant mansion
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Make it rain $$$
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    If you have GF, you can just put the extra in your vault. I generally buy a ton of the expensive violins to give to the kids when they move out. That way they have a nice nest egg to buy a house with. I really wish we could split up money when splitting up households.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    If your Sim is Good, you could donate it to charity.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I donate to charities a lot. Also, like someone else in the thread said, I send a chunk out of the main house with the sims moving out. Depending on how many children they have, I give them a percentage of what the parents/main house has. My current family has 5 children and each took 50000 with them ( I used the money cheat to remove it from the main house and add it to the moving sims) I also have a basement the sims can't access to add expensive items too to knock down some of the cash on hand. They can't access the items, their bills go up because they technically have a lot of expensive things, and they have less money to use.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    After I reached the money cap I put it all in a vault so that my household's bills would increase. The bills are now around 600k a week but it's more fun like that to me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member
    I would make them a big wealthy family who own every dining spot or every retail stores in worlds. Or you can try something else with mods to buy hotels, clubs etc. I play two rich families in one of my safe files and i made them enjoy their high society life with GT club system >.<
  • Options
    StarstruckSimmerStarstruckSimmer Posts: 356 Member
    I don't really know, but I guess if you have a sim with the 'Good' trait, you can donate to charity so that the money goes to...I dunno what the money goes to, really. But it'll probably help out people.
    b664aa5fd45b450309991d52cad05b285b11ca07.png
    old simmer whos just now getting back into it
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    If you have GF isn't there an option to burn it? :#:D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,891 Member
    I seriously never get too much money. Most I've had in one household was like 600k-something. That was a family of 4 who all had the Shrewd trait, 3 of them were high in their careers, and they were all painting or writing books. Even taking away half a mill, it didn't take long before they had all that money back.

And I really don't know how people get such high bills! Most I've seen is around 6-7k :o And I never have small houses
  • Options
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I seriously never get too much money. Most I've had in one household was like 600k-something. That was a family of 4 who all had the Shrewd trait, 3 of them were high in their careers, and they were all painting or writing books. Even taking away half a mill, it didn't take long before they had all that money back.

And I really don't know how people get such high bills! Most I've seen is around 6-7k :o And I never have small houses

I have MCC and you have an option to up the bill amount. i think i have mine doubled or something so my weekly bill is around 20k when they lived in the large family house. on top of that seasons adds bills if you have a thermostat, as heating your house in winter or cooling your house in summer costs more.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    @BlkBarbiegal That's right, when you have enough money you can indeed throw them in the fire. xD
  • Options
    these are all some really good suggestions, thank you guys!! I think I'm gonna consider a vacation home tbh.

I've not actually used the vault in GF but I think my issue is is that my homes are so small that there isn't the space for it! I enjoy my houses being more tight knit and on top of one another (which isn't to everybody's tastes). I think I'm in my current home theres literally not the space for anything else (without it getting in the way) :lol: my house is currently in sulani and on stilts so no way for there to be a basement either.

I hadn't considered the charities either, I'll have to check into it!
  • Options
    irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member

That's a smart idea! I never would have thought of that!