Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Soon" = Lack of Respect Toward Customers

Comments

• Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2009
    I know I'm being incredibly impatient but come on, they gave us a small inkling of info about CAW in November and haven't breathed a word since, why is it so hard to give thier customers some information. I didn't believe any of the other release dates but this one seemed so real with the site and everything. Just tell us, or at LEAST confirm or deny todays date.
  • Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited December 2009
    ^EA never released a press release about CaW. The only thing as close to EA for release was when December 10 popped up on the German EA Facebook, but even then, it wasn't on the US Facebook.
  • Options
    MissEJF4MissEJF4 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Linds, I agree. I think it's sad that they don't even respect fans enough to deny rumors. Instead, they just fuel the fire by staying quiet and coming into threads promising for a release "soon."
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited December 2009
    I don't think that it is a lack of respect. Coming Soon means that they are just getting you anticipated for the product. Those dates that everybody is getting are from OTHER sites, NOT the official word from EA. Sure there are leaks, but how are you to know and possibly mistake them for an EA official when they could be a fraud who likes to troll and cause havoc.

Overall, this has grown to too much. We are all very exited, but don't let that turn to rage. Be patient.
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited December 2009
    Nope! I don't remember this Feburary-June thing, I wasn't a Sims player back then.

Release dates are one of those things that can go very, very wrong, and really, I'd rather get something late but stable than on-time and seriously bugged.

Take "Soon" to mean "We're working on it but dunno yet. It'll be ready when it's ready". Sit tight and relax. Getting upset over it isn't gonna make the software get released any faster.
  • Options
    FrostAliasFrostAlias Posts: 150 Member
    edited December 2009
    Maybe they think it's funny when we're angry. Sometimes my boyfriend ticks me off on purpose because he thinks it's cute when I'm mad. Maybe EA thinks the same thing about their customers?

On a more serious note, EA's logic is probably, "When midnight rolls around, they'll realize the release date wasn't today. No need to waste time telling them yes or no when they'll figure it out in a few hours."

Who knows.
  • Options
    camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited December 2009
    I don't recall EA giving a release date themselves beyond "December.". Not their rumor, they are not required to dispel it just because half the community chooses to believe gossip not started by EA.
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    but they have built up tons of anticipation already
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Walden95 wrote:
    Those dates that everybody is getting are from OTHER sites, NOT the official word from EA.

The Dec. 10th site was on the official German TS3 Facebook. Posted by an EA employee.

And regardless of whether the rumored dates were "official" or not, would it be so hard for a EA rep on the board to deny incorrect release dates? Isn't that part of their job? Aren't they supposed to be representatives of EA on the forums to serve as a medium of communication between the company and its customers? Why do they just watch all the hopeful threads build up and not say "Uh, sorry guys. Not today. It's not ready just yet."
  • Options
    EtherealMemoryEtherealMemory Posts: 128 New Member
    edited December 2009
    argh double post, sorry.
  • Options
    SquidVonLipwigSquidVonLipwig Posts: 50 New Member
    edited December 2009
    To be honest, it doesn't seem to me that they have been condescending at all. Soon is soon. I work in customer service, and I say "soon" a lot, because I can only estimate an actual date. It all boils down to what they are allowed to tell us.

For example. They cannot tell us it will be released today. If they intend to release it today and tell us, and something goes wrong and it ISN'T released, how would you feel? Similarly, If you're expecting it next week, and it turns up tomorrow, how would you feel?

They work in customer service, and are people too. Give the guys a break, because they don't not respect us. If they didn't, they wouldn't have bothered to say anything ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Getting upset over it isn't gonna make the software get released any faster.

Once again, the fact that it hasn't been released isn't what I'm upset about. I simply find the lack of open communication between EA staff and customers offensive.

I hope that if we bring this issue up, this type of potentially disrespectful behavior can be eliminated in future dealings.
  • Options
    EtherealMemoryEtherealMemory Posts: 128 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Walden95 wrote:
    I don't think that it is a lack of respect. Coming Soon means that they are just getting you anticipated for the product. Those dates that everybody is getting are from OTHER sites, NOT the official word from EA. Sure there are leaks, but how are you to know and possibly mistake them for an EA official when they could be a fraud who likes to troll and cause havoc.

Overall, this has grown to too much. We are all very exited, but don't let that turn to rage. Be patient.
    Well, IGN is a very well known and reputable gaming site, so naturally those who read the article posted there figured the date would be official enough (including me). And you just said it yourself, it's grown too much and now everyone is raging about this. They could just stop it by just giving us a little information, don't you think?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Walden95 wrote:
    Those dates that everybody is getting are from OTHER sites, NOT the official word from EA.

The Dec. 10th site was on the official German TS3 Facebook. Posted by an EA employee.

And regardless of whether the rumored dates were "official" or not, would it be so hard for a EA rep on the board to deny incorrect release dates? Isn't that part of their job? Aren't they supposed to be representatives of EA on the forums to serve as a medium of communication between the company and its customers? Why do they just watch all the hopeful threads build up and not say "Uh, sorry guys. Not today. It's not ready just yet."
    \\

Yes, most of us know that. Could have been a mix up, or someone who just wants to confuse us. Ea wants to keep this a secret. If you get mad at a non-official date, who are you to blame? Not EA.

Sp, it's just all about getting us exited and kinking out a few bugs.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Umm, EA hasn't done communication since the young TS2 days. Those who played TS2 would know that.

If the fact that EA doesn't say anything other than "soon" is offensive, that title should be changed, because that's gonna give everyone the impression that you're worried about release.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So they are supposed to come on here every time a rumor from some random site pops up and dispel that rumor? And when that thread gets buried and not bumped back up by the forum, are they supposed to answer every thread the crops up again and again and again on the rumored release day. When it's gonna be the same answer, every time until it's released? "Not today but soon." They don't know when it will be released, the Gurus mod this forum, they are not the same people who are working on CAW or on patches or on anything else. Yes they all work for EA but they are different departments.

Point is, they aren't being disrespectful by not giving more information; especially if they don't have any more information to give! These aren't their rumors (for the most part) and I don't think it's their job. IMO
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Walden95 wrote:

Well, IGN is a very well known and reputable gaming site, so naturally those who read the article posted there figured the date would be official enough (including me). And you just said it yourself, it's grown too much and now everyone is raging about this. They could just stop it by just giving us a little information, don't you think?

Also true. If you go back on the site, it's edited. It just states the day the article was made. "December 14, 2009" Maybe a typo.

They could, but then again...
    I don't think that they are willing to make too many promises. They are probably kinking out a few bugs and finishing the presentation on this site (News article about it/the tutorials) Don't trust everything that you hear. If they did address every question...would you like to do that every time a random site posts a date?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If they're already posting in the "rumor" threads, I don't think it would hurt to dispel the rumor.

I don't see why that's such an unrealistic expectation.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's not an unrelistic expectation, but this argument is getting ridiculous, its going back and forth between you and the other two who dont get what your saying
  • Options
    creatived23creatived23 Posts: 421 Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree with not using terms as soon the coming soon in December was enough
    and regards to bugs, bugs are usually caught by users like us theres almost no way to tell if there are bugs from a creators perspective there usually found by the players.There will be bugs even if they try to hold off for weeks .
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2009
    La... reminds me of when I was 5. :lol:

"Are we almost there?"
    "Yes."
    "How much longer?"
    "Soon."

"Are we there yet?"
    "Soon."

"How much longer."
    "Not much."
    "But whennn?"
    "Soon."

"Are we there yet?"
    "No."

"How much longer."
    "Not much."
    "But whennn?"
    "Soon."

giggle2.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Camimh wrote:
    So they are supposed to come on here every time a rumor from some random site pops up and dispel that rumor? And when that thread gets buried and not bumped back up by the forum, are they supposed to answer every thread the crops up again and again and again on the rumored release day. When it's gonna be the same answer, every time until it's released? "Not today but soon."

Lawl for irony. OP wants EA to dispel every rumored release date, knowing that EA will say "This rumor is untrue" every time, which is exactly what the OP doesn't want EA to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    camimh wrote:
    So they are supposed to come on here every time a rumor from some random site pops up and dispel that rumor? And when that thread gets buried and not bumped back up by the forum, are they supposed to answer every thread the crops up again and again and again on the rumored release day. When it's gonna be the same answer, every time until it's released? "Not today but soon." They don't know when it will be released, the Gurus mod this forum, they are not the same people who are working on CAW or on patches or on anything else. Yes they all work for EA but they are different departments.

Point is, they aren't being disrespectful by not giving more information; especially if they don't have any more information to give! These aren't their rumors (for the most part) and I don't think it's their job. IMO

Couldn't have said it better myself. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Isirius, I have more of an issue with the lack of release date rumors quashing than with the indefinite release date. I think that encouraging the rumors with pregnant silence is even worse than not providing a solid release date.

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Because there are dozens of CAW threads and every hour more are created and old ones get buried and more are created and so on and so forth and it will continue every day until the tool is released. And to dispel the rumor, they'd have to post on every single one pretty much because what if SuzyQ user number 12 doesn't see their reply on the five OTHER thread and makes ANOTHER one? Then SuzyQ 1, 2, 3, and 7 who also didn't see the five OTHER threads post on her thread and so on and so forth. They would spend every waking moment dealing with the CAW thread dispelling rumors they didn't start or encourage. Meanwhile there would be OTHER stuff happening on the forums and drama being ignored because the Guru's were so busy trying to "settle" the CAW stuff that WILL NOT settle until it is released. It's a ridiculous waste of their time.
    Xois5I.jpg