Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Soon" = Lack of Respect Toward Customers

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2009
    My crystal ball says that the God Of Gaming EA will release it shortly. :shock:
  • Options
    MissEJF4MissEJF4 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Sim_Outlaw wrote:
    My crystal ball says that the God Of Gaming EA will release it shortly. :shock:

:evil:
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    I see on disrespect coming from the gurus. You are upset because the program is not out today and got yourself all worked up like so many others especially when people were believing rumors from Snooty Sims and a german site. EA stated they will release it in Dec and it the month hasn't even ended yet. Like one poster said people want EA to rush the product and then complain how it is not ready. I rather EA take the time to get it right. :D

I'd rather you not lecture me on my own feelings, okay?

I wasn't upset about this issue until I saw the post from SimGuruHydra. The release isn't what's bothering me. It's the fact that she went in there and posted a vague, taunting post just for funsies.

You are very exited about this tool. I am too, but I don't see this happening. There are different sections to the Sims 3 team. Some who work on patches, some who work on the next expansion and stuff packs, and others who work on the forums and website. The Simgurus who work here probably know a little about the tool but not very much. they probably aren't allowed to tell the specific date because they are putting up the final touches. Meanwhile, other sites post rumors getting us all so very anticipated and get mad at either EA or just frustrated at one's self for believing the lie. :x If EA were to address everything, people who have questions who actually need help on this site will go unanswered because of the numerous amounts of rumor posts. the might as well go scanning over the entire internet for rumors and anything that is against the motto of the Sims like rated M mods and stuff. It gets kinda pointless when all it will do is further delay the real date that they have in mind. EA has to lay off workers and has many other issues to deal with. Further splitting up the team only slows things further. It's not EA's obligation to handle other people's rumors. Just don't beleive them.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited December 2009
    camimh wrote:
    I don't recall EA giving a release date themselves beyond "December.". Not their rumor, they are not required to dispel it just because half the community chooses to believe gossip not started by EA.

I couldn't agree with you more :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Shelley, for the last time, the release date isn't what this thread is discussing. My issue with EA has more to do with the way they've handled their communication.

I apologize. I obviously misunderstood your first post

MissEJF4 wrote:
    Yes, we're being impatient. We would be decidedly less so if you'd simply give us an accurate release date.

• Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited December 2009
    Rumors = rumors. It doesn't matter where they're from.

This thread seems to be rapidly devolving into "I feel this way" "Well, I disagree" "But I feel this way and I'm going to feel this way and you can't stop me from feeling this way".

K, fine, feel that way. It's your stress levels at stake here, and we can't really tell you how to feel, now can we? :wink:

I feel, given no firm estimate, "soon" is a perfectly acceptable answer. It's honest, without getting my hopes up unnecessarily with dates they aren't sure they can keep. I also feel that if other people (IGN, someone's Facebook site, whatever) start rumors, the blame should be pointed at them for, well, starting rumors.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Walden95 wrote:
    It's not EA's obligation to handle other people's rumors.

I can understand your reasoning, and normally I would completely agree with you. However, it's aggravating when EA employees are actively entering and posting in rumored release date posts and encouraging the discussion and speculation rather than simply and gently notifying the customers that they received faulty information.

If it isn't their job, that's fine. But maybe they should stay out of the rumor posts altogether instead of posting more vague promises.
  • Options
    JENathanJENathan Posts: 230 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Honestly, I'm glad that EA didn't give a hard release date for the patch and CaW. If they give a hard date and the patch needs more work, it leaves EA with 2 choices: release a patch that causes more problems, or push back the release date. Do you think either of those options would be preferable to the current situation?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    I see on disrespect coming from the gurus. You are upset because the program is not out today and got yourself all worked up like so many others especially when people were believing rumors from Snooty Sims and a german site. EA stated they will release it in Dec and it the month hasn't even ended yet. Like one poster said people want EA to rush the product and then complain how it is not ready. I rather EA take the time to get it right. :D

I'd rather you not lecture me on my own feelings, okay?

I wasn't upset about this issue until I saw the post from SimGuruHydra. The release isn't what's bothering me. It's the fact that she went in there and posted a vague, taunting post just for funsies.

EA is not under no obligation to come on this site and dispel a rumor. Whatever problem you are having will not get resolved today or any day.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited December 2009
    OP, its with respect to you that EA tells you Soon rather than a date. If they had posted a date, and because of issues could not deliver on that date, you would of been madder than you are now. Soon to me is more real than them posting a date they may not be able to fulfill. they did tell us it be out this month, that should be satisfactory.

many of you, just waiting, its going to make time drag longer for you. You cannot do anything about the release date so chill. Till then you can plan your world, enjoy the holidays. Im over here working on the families, for the world I will be designing.
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Walden95 wrote:
    It's not EA's obligation to handle other people's rumors.

I can understand your reasoning, and normally I would completely agree with you. However, it's aggravating when EA employees are actively entering and posting in rumored release date posts and encouraging the discussion and speculation rather than simply and gently notifying the customers that they received faulty information.

If it isn't their job, that's fine. But maybe they should stay out of the rumor posts altogether instead of posting more vague promises.

Also a good note. I would have to say this. could have been in their free time when they did this. I don't think that they want a million people yelling at them for not releasing the tool on the date that another site stated. All that i can say is that these rumors are just wasting time for everyone. Ea is tiring to keep a date, but possibly dosen't beleive that they can make it. Who knows? Coming Soon in December is a good enough date for me. I'm exited, and will read what others have to say, but will not beleive anything until EA states it on this site in their NEWS section.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Of course. They're not obligated to do anything.
    But customer service is what sets mediocre companies apart from great ones.
  • Options
    HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2009
    maybe the reason they still say soon might be because there isn't actually an official release date, otherwise they would have said
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Hmmm, I read all the game sites and never seen EA stating a release date. Snooty sims and The german site got ahead of themselves and started the rumor. Provide the link showing EA stating the tenth and the fifteen, until that happens this considered heresay.

Both references (including the one in the IGN article that was published today) have been deleted. That doesn't mean they weren't published at one time.

Don't believe everything you think. 8)

I never believe everything unless it is in writing. I seen the IGN post last night and it did say 15th of Dec but IGN is not a company that belongs to EA. Sojust like the Snooty Sims fiasco it is considered a rumor until EA sends it down in writing from them. If people got worked up over what IGN posted that is on them. I am not worked up over CAW because when it will get here when it is ready.
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited December 2009
    JENathan wrote:
    Honestly, I'm glad that EA didn't give a hard release date for the patch and CaW. If they give a hard date and the patch needs more work, it leaves EA with 2 choices: release a patch that causes more problems, or push back the release date. Do you think either of those options would be preferable to the current situation?
    @JENathan Nah, people prefer to complain rather than try to comprehend the situation :/

Edit: I salute to Simmers out there who have a broad perspective to the companies on why they tend to undergo at such situations rather than point finger and fault finds them.

Your reward is a peace of mind.
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Trancepire wrote:
    @JENathan Nah, people prefer to complain rather than try to comprehend the situation :/

You know, I wish you'd refrain from making snide comments about my comprehension abilities. If you have something to say to me, say it to me.

And I will reiterate that I have no issue with the pushing back of the release date. I was discussing my issues with the way the forum staff was handling rumors.
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Trancepire wrote:

You know, I wish you'd refrain from making snide comments about my comprehension abilities. If you have something to say to me, say it to me.

And I will reiterate that I have no issue with the pushing back of the release date. I was discussing my issues with the way the forum staff was handling rumors.
    I didn't make a snide comment to you. If you would have read the other threads, they do pretty much the same thing that I'm talking about. My apologies if my post sounds like it was directed to you.

For example,

Game Bugs

When the game was released a lot of Simmers encountered problems also known as 'bugs' that messed up their gaming experience. So they started complaining that the game 'is/was' incomplete buggy etc.

Here's how I see it: The developers were able to complete the game according to their standards, in which they would find it suitable enough to be played on other peoples computers.

They were able to create the interactivity of the Sims/characters as expected so they release the game to the public.

But at some point the Simmers made some interactions that the developers never encountered before. And that interaction happened to 'break the game (aka "bug").' So as soon as developers hear about it they start to find out the problem, fix it and release it to the public known as 'patch.'

You see programming is a complex task. The bugs that appears on programs can be narrowed down into something like this: You thought you got everyting covered, but you missed a spot.

Game not running smooth, repeated crashes etc

This one varies, but I think the common causes are:

- computer hardware below system requirements
    - Custom Content (I'm not saying that it's bad, I'm just saying that it can be one of the possible causes)
    - corrupt files
    - presence of virus, malwares etc
    - poorly maintained computer (especially in the software aspect, example: not updating to the latest version, patch and drivers)

So I wouldn't be surprised if the game crashes a lot if they have any of the mentioned causes above.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    cnc4pew3.gif