Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Soon" = Lack of Respect Toward Customers

Comments

• Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited December 2009
    camimh wrote:
    So they are supposed to come on here every time a rumor from some random site pops up and dispel that rumor? And when that thread gets buried and not bumped back up by the forum, are they supposed to answer every thread the crops up again and again and again on the rumored release day. When it's gonna be the same answer, every time until it's released? "Not today but soon." They don't know when it will be released, the Gurus mod this forum, they are not the same people who are working on CAW or on patches or on anything else. Yes they all work for EA but they are different departments.

Point is, they aren't being disrespectful by not giving more information; especially if they don't have any more information to give! These aren't their rumors (for the most part) and I don't think it's their job. IMO

Sorry, but I don't think that is what the Op is asking at all. They are simply stating that if an Ea employee is able to post on a thread stating the release will be soon, then why can't they on the same thread state wether or not the rumours are true or not.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited December 2009

I don't see it as disrespectful if they say soon. A lot of people allowed themselves to be worked up into a frenzy with third parties giving bogus info that was never put out by officially by EA. Patinece is a virtue and in time it will come out. Maybe not in the time you want, but it will come out. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MissEJF4MissEJF4 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Easy solution.

EA Staff member creates a pinned thread.

Title: DEC. 15th, 2009 - Contrary to Rumor, CAW Is Not Being Released Today

That would get the message across really fast. If you'll notice, they pinned something today regarding the IGN article. It would've been just as easy to quash the rumor STARTED by IGN.
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Isirius, I have more of an issue with the lack of release date rumors quashing than with the indefinite release date. I think that encouraging the rumors with pregnant silence is even worse than not providing a solid release date.

Yes, so just don't trust the rumors. It's as simple as that. What have we got? About 16 more days till the end of December. There will be rumors but it is not EA's obligation to address every one of them. They are just raising your anticipation. There will be rumors, just don't trust them.
  • Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Isirius, I have more of an issue with the lack of release date rumors quashing than with the indefinite release date. I think that encouraging the rumors with pregnant silence is even worse than not providing a solid release date.

:roll:

You said EA telling us "soon" was disrespect and want EA to dispel release rumors.
    If EA dispelled rumors about CaW, by saying "Nope, untrue", over and over, which is what you don't want EA to do, because you don't want them spamming "soon", but now they'll be spaming "untrue" for rumor dispelling.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's difficult to sift rumors from legitimate facts when EA pins and endorses the article in which the Dec. 15th release date was published! Whether or not the date was removed later, it still prompted rumors that could have been denied with a simple post from a forum admin.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Easy solution.

That would get the message across really fast. If you'll notice, they pinned something today regarding the IGN article. It would've been just as easy to quash the rumor STARTED by IGN.

Umm, because some people are too persistent and they'd use up all the space on the forum posting DEC. [DATE], 2009 - CaW Not Released. :roll:
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2009
    Just agree to disagree
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Easy solution.

Still, sot EA's obligation to deny the rumors that others have started. Did they take the right notes while doing the interview, was it really a true interview with EA? Rumors, rumors rumors. Uhh, i think that EA has more of an obligation to keep the items and comments on their exchange and forum rated T.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    iSirius wrote:
    If EA dispelled rumors about CaW, by saying "Nope, untrue", over and over, which is what you don't want EA to do, because you don't want them spamming "soon", but now they'll be spaming "untrue" for rumor dispelling.

If they "spammed" us with official denials of rumored and untrue release dates, I would have no issue at all. That would be a highly preferred situation compared to the issue at hand, as denying a rumor isn't disrespect but open and honest communication.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    iSirius wrote:
    If EA dispelled rumors about CaW, by saying "Nope, untrue", over and over, which is what you don't want EA to do, because you don't want them spamming "soon", but now they'll be spamming"untrue" for rumor dispelling.

If they "spammed" us with official denials of rumored and untrue release dates, I would have no issue at all. That would be a highly preferred situation compared to the issue at hand, as denying a rumor isn't disrespect but open and honest communication.

There's different departments of EA. Some working on the game and CaW, some who moderate the forum, etc.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited December 2009
    No offense to anyone but I'd rather sit back and wait for patches for WA and also rather wait until CAW to be worked on to ensure it's a little less glitchy or game breaking rather than scream at EA to hurry up with this tool, because you'd all be screaming at EA if they rushed it and it didn't work.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    MissEJF4 wrote:
    Once again, Sarah, I don't have any issue with the fact that it hasn't been released yet. I have an issue with the behavior and rumor-encouraging tactics of the staff.

I see no disrespect coming from the gurus. You are upset because the program is not out today and got yourself all worked up like so many others especially when people were believing rumors from Snooty Sims and a german site. EA stated they will release it in Dec and it the month hasn't even ended yet. Like one poster said people want EA to rush the product and then complain how it is not ready. I rather EA take the time to get it right. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Shelley, for the last time, the release date isn't what this thread is discussing.

And for the record, I've never "screamed at EA" about any technical glitches. This is the first time I've spoken openly about any issue with The Sims and EA employees, and I've been playing The Sims since 2001.

My issue with EA has more to do with the way they've handled their communication.
  • Options
    ABBYWonder1640ABBYWonder1640 Posts: 35 Member
    edited December 2009
    Perhaps they don't want to deal with disappointing us again. Maybe they don't want to finalize a day because they don't know if they'll be able to meet it-- or at least not with a product we won't complain about. I do wish I knew more information, but it makes me feel like they're putting more work into it than they've been doing with their releases. Sometimes it's better to stay in the dark about things for a while; you may be pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    The_ClayThe_Clay Posts: 1,254 New Member
    edited December 2009
    It is funny. Us at the forums are never happy.
    We want CAW out now or with a solid release date and get mad when It doesn't.
    We get a Release date(WA) get all happy and then when it is rushed out with bugs We all complain saying EA broke our computer. Never buy games from them.
    Think for a minute. What would rather have, A glitchy CAW that everyone complains about for months because they "Rushed it" or complaining that EA hasn't released it yet, they might not release it. WAAAAAAAAAAAA!?
    Which do you think EA would rather have Especially after WA?
    Man I type slow!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    I see on disrespect coming from the gurus. You are upset because the program is not out today and got yourself all worked up like so many others especially when people were believing rumors from Snooty Sims and a german site. EA stated they will release it in Dec and it the month hasn't even ended yet. Like one poster said people want EA to rush the product and then complain how it is not ready. I rather EA take the time to get it right. :D

I'd rather you not lecture me on my own feelings, okay?

I wasn't upset about this issue until I saw the post from SimGuruHydra. The release isn't what's bothering me. It's the fact that she went in there and posted a vague, taunting post just for funsies.
  • Options
    creatived23creatived23 Posts: 421 Member
    edited December 2009
    Well IGN said 6pm im guessing pacific so 9 Eastern then we can get in a frenzy :!: :lol:
  • Options
    NapalmVFRNapalmVFR Posts: 195 New Member
    edited December 2009
    As far as I'm concerned EA have communicated to us, they said it will be out in December.

I'm having such a laugh reading through the threads were everyone is screaming because it's not out yet.

I can wait, I'm in no hurry.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't think everyone would be freaking out as much if it weren't for credible sources such as IGN and the official TS3 Facebook starting rumors.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    doodlesam wrote:
    camimh wrote:
    It's a free tool. They don't have to release it at all. They said it would be in the month of December, which is only half over. Stop holding your breath.

Yes, but they also said it would be released on the tenth and the fiftenth. Yep, those weren't rumours. Ea comfirmed on the 6th that it would be released on the tenth. Then on the eleventh said it would not. And yesterday IGN comfirmed it would be released today, and they were told that at an Ea fan event.
    So its not suprising people are getting worked up about it... :)

Hmmm, I read all the game sites and never seen EA stating a release date. Snooty sims and The german site got ahead of themselves and started the rumor. Provide the link showing EA stating the tenth and the fifteen, until that happens this considered heresay.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited December 2009
    Rflong7 wrote:
    La... reminds me of when I was 5. :lol:

"Are we almost there?"
    "Yes."
    "How much longer?"
    "Soon."

"Are we there yet?"
    "Soon."

"How much longer."
    "Not much."
    "But whennn?"
    "Soon."

"Are we there yet?"
    "No."

"How much longer."
    "Not much."
    "But whennn?"
    "Soon."

giggle2.gif

:lol: True! BTW your avatar is adorable.
  • Options
    NapalmVFRNapalmVFR Posts: 195 New Member
    edited December 2009
    IGN retracted what they published very quickly.

'Official' TS3 Facebook? It only appeared on the German one, not any others.

This is the official Website and Forum so announces will be made here. Oh, it has benn - 'DECEMBER'
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm not mad it's not out yet, its the fact we STILL have no idea when, even if they said next week or something, why is it so hard to communicate, and how simguruhyra posted soon in a thread, when if she was already in there why couldnt she just deny or confirm it instead of taunting people. I haven't believed any of the rumors, I was always telling people not to believe anything that wasn;t this site, yet people got mad at me for saying it.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Hmmm, I read all the game sites and never seen EA stating a release date. Snooty sims and The german site got ahead of themselves and started the rumor. Provide the link showing EA stating the tenth and the fifteen, until that happens this considered heresay.

Both references (including the one in the IGN article that was published today) have been deleted. That doesn't mean they weren't published at one time.

Don't believe everything you think. 8)