Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Genies to be included in Realm of Magic GP ?

While it's almost certain that Witches/Warlocks will be included in RoM (as they are the most requested occult), it's unclear if Genies or even Fairies will also be included in this pack.
A lot of people have discussed about Witches and Fairies but I feel like there are not enough people talking about Genies. Are you interested in Genies ? If you are, tell me what kind type of power would you like them to have.

Do you want Genies to be included in Realm of Magic GP ? 168 votes

YES !!! I love Genies !
21%
alan650111MadstarletstoryySimburianAuroraBoreallisIsa_Menezesmock68trashbinsouvenircatloverplayerdetermigMilutinMujovicFroilZeldaboy180Jultan3Drago97232rambahadoerIvyeyedtadeoalonso2NordicPhoenix22xVeeVee294 36 votes
Don't really care. I just want Witches.
25%
WedoveronPlayerSinger2010Writin_RegSuccySnuffyBucketSerenityRulesIrdiwenMariefoxprice83marbergMirichaCeCeDotGracieO312CAITLINX354JohnVanGouldXxAirixXLemon405jimjam1009adele_katbizuktag 42 votes
No, I hate genies they are IRRELEVANT.
10%
IllandryaBrokenChaos69moltazialuthienrisingwrenstalesRamblineRoseDevilNDisguiseTomaTeriEvaliynBOYFreezerBunnyCowplantRedSunBluesRae357munroeleThemrsg4422BewitchingSashaamber_ilumire 17 votes
Why not but I would prefer another occult.
26%
IcewolfxMintIsb917ANNETTE1951LadyDecafJestTrualanmichael1mlmeadowsashcrash19taydevBabykittyjadeFinvolaAlbaWaterhouseannaliese39mariajane216tnb494SummerStreakSavvySimmieLatinaBunnyadduapina 44 votes
Other...
17%
auroraael14rudy8292IceyJAnmirlasimgirl1010friendlysimmersBagoas77CinebarAngelluluLizzychicagoelelunicyTo7mSindocatChadSims2MasonGamerMysticalSimmerTheRedLionCupidGonedalfsilentcyborg 29 votes

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Other...
    I would love to have Witches and Fairies in the GP.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Maybe the wording in this poll option is a bit strong, but I’m not a fan of genies and I’d really rather they focus on one occult at a time rather than trying to cram them all into one pack. Part of my problem with ts3 supernatural was that it tried to shove as many occults as possible into one game without really fleshing each one out as they could have done.
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Other...
    Never played genies... but wouldn’t mind trying them :)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Wizards and fairies would be cool. I always used genies in TS3 as a lifetime aspiration to get rich (that golden lamp) but never played with them.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Maybe the wording in this poll option is a bit strong, but I’m not a fan of genies and I’d really rather they focus on one occult at a time rather than trying to cram them all into one pack. Part of my problem with ts3 supernatural was that it tried to shove as many occults as possible into one game without really fleshing each one out as they could have done.

If I remember correctly, genies came with Showtime, a completely underrated pack!
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Other...
    They wouldn't look good in a pack for witches and magic. I'm not a big fan of genies but I could see them coming in a World Adventure-ish pack in the future.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I wouldn’t mind, but I prefer fairies.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member

If I remember correctly, genies came with Showtime, a completely underrated pack!

Ah of course, you’re right! It’s been so long I’ve lost track 😂
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Other...
    I can see Genies as an item/NPC that would tie back to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Witches.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I like the one from Sims 1. It was hilarious to see a failed wish after summoning the genie from the lamp. I didn't play with them in Sims 3 but if they were to bring them back I think I'd prefer the NPC version similar to the the one from Sims 1.

If you are asking in regards to a new playable occult like the vampires then I prefer warewolves and fairies over the genie.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    TerrahnortTerrahnort Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to have Demons and Angels.
    And people who can control elements as water, fire, air, earth, time, space...
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I don't mind em. I didn't enjoy em much in TS3, they were nice just didn't interest me for long.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Terrahnort wrote: »
    I would love to have Demons and Angels.
    And people who can control elements as water, fire, air, earth, time, space...
    Could do play as the good omens character then 😇 👿
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other...
    no as a non supernatrual player i simply do not care about supernatural lifestatei would much rather see toggles to turn off supernatural lifestates in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited June 2019
    Other...
    No. Witches need all the attention they can get. I'd rather they focus solely on developing witches, then work on genies and fairies later on. Let everything have their own time.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    paleplantpaleplant Posts: 17 Member
    It would really depend what genies could do. I see them being more of a build item than an actual sim because they are more associated with granting wishes. There are many different kinds of magical sim types that could be playable that I'd much prefer over genies. I definitely want fairies to be added! Angels, demons, demigods, etc would also be really cool to have in the game. Those probably would fit more in a fantasy themed game pack though.
    EA ID: Angelictrait
  • Options
    m0n0n0ke0m0n0n0ke0 Posts: 5 New Member
    I love the occult! Will fairies be limited to only the stereotypical Tinkerbell or will it also include trolls and elves?
    Werewolves would be cool too. Also demons and angels. All of it would be awesome :p
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Other...
    I have enjoyed the genies in the past, and if there is room for them in this pack, without sacrificing the quality of anything else, then I would love to see them again. But, my first priority is witches, and after that fairies*. If we could get both of those (with appropriate attention to detail), a nice world, nice objects, and a good alchemy system... and then there's still enough time and money left for genies, then yes, I would be thrilled. But I won't be terribly disappointed if not.

(Yes, yes, werewolves of course, but I believe they will get their own pack, like vampires. And while they are supernatural, I don't think of them as "magic" in the same sense as witches, fairies, or genies. I.e., they don't _use_ magic.)
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Other...
    I never play with any if the occult characters, but always buy them so I can have the extra stuff that comes with the pack.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i dont care either way, i dont mind them though
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Other...
    Only if it is a Middle-Simeastern setting.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Don't really care. I just want Witches.
    As long as I get my witches/warlocks, I don't care.
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited June 2019
    i don't hate genies, i just don't care for them and would rather the resources went toward witches and maaaaybe fairies, since they're a smaller scale life state (no pun intended).
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I really want fairies as a priority especially if they are fleshed out and have good and evil forms but genies sounds fun.
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Other...
    I don't hate genies but I'd prefer for the pack to focus more deeply on other occults such as witches and fairies. I loved witches in S3, but wanted fairies to have more to do, while werewolves were kind of disappointing. If we are getting 3 kinds of occult with the gp, it doesn't leave a lot of room for a 4th to be a meaningful and deep iteration, so I'd prefer for genies to be in a separate pack.