Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop blameing the player

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2018
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If an object doesn't work correctly players shouldn't have to use a mod or do a work around like I did (put food on floor or on table for toddlers) and the high chair should be removed from game. Nothing annoys a player more than a useless object.

It goes further than objects, though. Manually chosen interactions are constantly cancelled out with Sims choosing to do whatever they want, be it another action, or ignoring you entirely. My Sim will place his toddler in the high chair, have the toddler want to leave even though he’s hungry, and then my Sim is queued for that automatically. When I go to put him back in, it cancels out my command.

And it’s not only with the high chair. This happens frequently with virtually anything. It gets to the point where I’m feeling as if I have to fight against the game to try and play it. And that’s no fun, and exactly why I don’t stay in TS4 as long as I do TS2, which had very responsive Sims, able to follow a full queue of interactions with no lag or delay whatsoever.

Things also drop out of queue or they change the action to something else, when they are having an emotion, this interrupted my game so much in the past I finally gave up on this game. To the point I have never played in eighteen years with autonomy off, so I tried that, and it's even a fail and not off.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    If an object doesn't work correctly players shouldn't have to use a mod or do a work around like I did (put food on floor or on table for toddlers) and the high chair should be removed from game. Nothing annoys a player more than a useless object.

It goes further than objects, though. Manually chosen interactions are constantly cancelled out with Sims choosing to do whatever they want, be it another action, or ignoring you entirely. My Sim will place his toddler in the high chair, have the toddler want to leave even though he’s hungry, and then my Sim is queued for that automatically. When I go to put him back in, it cancels out my command.

And it’s not only with the high chair. This happens frequently with virtually anything. It gets to the point where I’m feeling as if I have to fight against the game to try and play it. And that’s no fun, and exactly why I don’t stay in TS4 as long as I do TS2, which had very responsive Sims, able to follow a full queue of interactions with no lag or delay whatsoever.

Things also drop out of queue or they change the action to something else, when they are having an emotion, this interrupted my game so much in the past I finally gave up on this game. To the point I have never played in eighteen years with autonomy off, so I tried that, and it's even a fail and not off.

That's a bit of a pet peeve - that if the emotion changes, the interaction gets dropped because it's no longer available. (The shower is the worst culprit - if a Sim suddenly becomes energised, the regular shower is unavailable, and if the Sim was energised but is now just happy, the energised shower is no longer available.) The game should continue an option if it was available in the first place, or convert to the obvious alternative.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Toddlers plum. They plum so bad.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think our Toddlers do not like the highchair, so when placed in the chair they ask to be taken out. Our toddlers want to get their own food from a little table and sit on the teddy bear chair or a couch. then they are happy.

At first, we thought we had to have the highchair to feed our toddlers, but now we know better. We can just feed them what we eat or get them the same food from the fridge.

You can add the food to their inventory, but it has to be a single serving or they will not take it, and you must tell them to eat it or they will not eat it.

You can put out the smaller side table next to a group of teddybear chairs and direct them to get the food, this can be a serving plate and they will take one serving as the others in the family. you need to add more teddybear chairs because for sure a parent or someone besides the toddler will sit in one, and they will make you mad. lol.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    IDontVibeIDontVibe Posts: 65 Member
    Yeah. You put the kid there and it DOESNT EAT AND STARVES ITSELF!!!
    them/they
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Please understand as far as Toddlers there is no such thing as a Good Nanny, There is no such thing as Good DayCare.
    So its best to have one parent stay at home until the toddler grows up. Or go to CAS and make their grandma or an aunt to care for the toddlers and move the grandma out later. Please do not choose an elder, they are self-centered and nuts.

Its no, I will go to work with my Sims self no the camera must be at home with the Toddler or wherever the toddlers are.

Now if you can make a daycare at your job, then you can carry your toddlers to work with you, lol yea that will work, hahaha

It's not our fault, this is just the way it is in sims 4
    Sims 2 nannies were dream nannies. I loved them, we did not know what would happen to us in sims 4

Omg is this payback, for begging for toddlers? I hope not. that would be so wrong.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @Sk8rblaze -- your description of one of the worst flaws of the game is perfect:

I'm constantly fighting with EA's annoying, intrusive game mechanics as I try to play MY game. Their programming should not cancel out our commands, esp. for no discernible reason (which I've had happen frequently--no reason I can see, queue just disappears).
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    edited December 2018
    its not just toddlers but pets as well. ive seen countless comments where pets are starving next to a full bowl and instead of eating we get warned. i get that toddlers and pets are dependent on carers but enough is enough. past puppy/kitten hood most animals will go to their food bowl and eat. cats may be more dickish about it if they can see the bottom but they will only bug us if the bowl is empty.
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Please understand as far as Toddlers there is no such thing as a Good Nanny, There is no such thing as Good DayCare.
    So its best to have one parent stay at home until the toddler grows up. Or go to CAS and make their grandma or an aunt to care for the toddlers and move the grandma out later. Please do not choose an elder, they are self-centered and nuts.

Its no, I will go to work with my Sims self no the camera must be at home with the Toddler or wherever the toddlers are.

Now if you can make a daycare at your job, then you can carry your toddlers to work with you, lol yea that will work, hahaha

It's not our fault, this is just the way it is in sims 4
    Sims 2 nannies were dream nannies. I loved them, we did not know what would happen to us in sims 4

Omg is this payback, for begging for toddlers? I hope not. that would be so wrong.

^ this is a big big peeve of mine. when my interactive career sim/sim visiting a festival/sim going outside the home lot comes home the toddler is exactly the same, as are the other household members. care for self does nothing, learn new skill does next to nothing; our sims may as well have been frozen in perpetual need and when we get back bang all toddlers and pets are dying.

that is not cool.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze -- your description of one of the worst flaws of the game is perfect:

I'm constantly fighting with EA's annoying, intrusive game mechanics as I try to play MY game. Their programming should not cancel out our commands, esp. for no discernible reason (which I've had happen frequently--no reason I can see, queue just disappears).

I agree as well because I haven't played Sims 4 in months as I do not get that good feeling as I did with past versions and if I do I stay for an minute or two. For me it lacks the gusto to stay energized.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    Happy Holidays Simmers,
    Lets all find a little love in our hearts to talk to each player we all have different viewpoints and I have mine I love the sim Toddlers I do agree their a handful to raise but babies are even harder ; What are your thoughts on Sims three babies do they make you laugh , cry or angry as a Simmer I have 4 babies on sims freeplay and many toddlers its hard to keep up but I have to wait to preteens qest which scares me more.

Also do you find chatting hard while playing sims 4 pc or mobile does this effect your playing?
  • Options
    PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    Happy Holidays Simmers,
    Lets all find a little love in our hearts to talk to each player we all have different viewpoints and I have mine I love the sim Toddlers I do agree their a handful to raise but babies are even harder ; What are your thoughts on Sims three babies do they make you laugh , cry or angry as a Simmer I have 4 babies on sims freeplay and many toddlers its hard to keep up but I have to wait to preteens qest which scares me more.

Also do you find chatting hard while playing sims 4 pc or mobile does this effect your playing?

If you find bad grammar I be greatful if you point it out, Also don't be afraid to share you viewpoints with me I am always willing to listen to everyone thoughts just please no bullying as I have been on other sites.
  • Options
    Dukemon11Dukemon11 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2019
    It gets to the point where I’m feeling as if I have to fight against the game to try and play it. And that’s no fun, and exactly why I don’t stay in TS4 as long as I do TS2, which had very responsive Sims, able to follow a full queue of interactions with no lag or delay whatsoever.

It is so true. Watch this Video. My Sim should catch some fishes but she does not do it, because always she wants to the toddler. At some point I was freaking "shut up hunchback". In The Sims 1 there gave a Mod with a weapon shop Sims could murder other Sims. At this moment I wanted this for The Sims 4 and Kill this brad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HOxS2fuc4U
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am more concerned about the forums blaming and shaming fans then the game itself shaming fans. Feedback in the feedback forum is one thing; but it gets carried over to the other forums and ends having no real or fun discussions.

I don't mind high chairs and people use them; but they should be improved so sims don't keep places toddlers in high chairs before some other interactions that has nothing to do with food.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    >:) Toddlers come first! I think this game should be given to all teens to show what a difficult time they will have to bring them up properly! It would do wonders for reducing teenage pregnancies!