Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not too excited...

Comments

• Options
    PeonymoonPeonymoon Posts: 17 Member
    I mean, i do understand everyone's feeling of this Island living packet. It was not first necessary pack we need at the moment

To be fair, it doesn't include all the things that sims 3 paradise island had, but for sims 4 ultimate expansion pack, it is pretty cool.

Let us think for a moment, we got a weathers? - good cats and dogs - good we need more pets/animals. - get famous - good. vampire and parenthood and dining was the best packs we got as well.

Strangeville, was very bad - this is my opinion,

We need now after a Island living, a expansion packs :

- Zoo/farm animal pack ( which should hopefully include horses finally! )
    - Travel pack 3 main countries we can choose the countries by having similar inquiry than we had with sim's 4 staff packs, maybe a airport of some short???.
    - GIVE US THE 3 main magic words!!!! Witches, Fairies!!!! and werewolf's. now you can add maybe some goblins, or dragons :)
    - Where is the cars we need them!!!!!
    - Amusement themed park pack or a carnival
    - Into the future pack!
    - University packet
    - Kingdom packet - Queens, Kings!

- I mean more careers, and more personalities, i really like to have more active careers, maybe if possible more feelings ? Like : Surprised, confused...
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    jaymancraz wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Actually, it can do pretty far as the ocean is big and can still do quite a bit. It isn't a completely closed world, you can walk around neighborhoods for quite a distances before needing a loading screen.

I guess we just disagree which is fine. I just feel like this EP does the absolute bare minimum with features that don’t seem to work with this iteration of the game... Why are we paying for a volcano we can’t interact with and improved fishing? It just seems silly to me.

But you can interact with it. It has the potential to throw lava bombs onto your lots of you add the volcanic lot trait which works on all lots in all worlds. Not only do the lava bombs have the potential to harm, but once cooled your sim can open them for a reward.

It would have been fun to be able to throw someone thing in to it to appease the volcano gods though!

>:) I like your style!

Another interaction and level of game play nobody has mentioned is that the conservation career allows you to have an impact on the environment. The devs said that in that career as you care for the island and clean and maintain it you will start to see it become even more beautiful and lush. I think that's pretty awesome! Finally a career offers more impact than just fattening your sim's wallet.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Actually, it can do pretty far as the ocean is big and can still do quite a bit. It isn't a completely closed world, you can walk around neighborhoods for quite a distances before needing a loading screen.

I guess we just disagree which is fine. I just feel like this EP does the absolute bare minimum with features that don’t seem to work with this iteration of the game... Why are we paying for a volcano we can’t interact with and improved fishing? It just seems silly to me.

But you can interact with it. It has the potential to throw lava bombs onto your lots of you add the volcanic lot trait which works on all lots in all worlds. Not only do the lava bombs have the potential to harm, but once cooled your sim can open them for a reward.

It would have been fun to be able to throw someone thing in to it to appease the volcano gods though!

Another interaction and level of game play nobody has mentioned is that the conservation career allows you to have an impact on the environment. The devs said that in that career as you care for the island and clean and maintain it you will start to see it become even more beautiful and lush. I think that's pretty awesome! Finally a career offers more impact than just fattening your sim's wallet.

I imagine it's much like Strangerville and how the world changes as you interact with the story of the world and I REALLY like this aspect of the game they are introducing!
  • Options

I imagine it's much like Strangerville and how the world changes as you interact with the story of the world and I REALLY like this aspect of the game they are introducing!

Me too, and I hope they do more of it. I think it really adds to immersion to have your sim's actions affect the world around them.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019

Me too, and I hope they do more of it. I think it really adds to immersion to have your sim's actions affect the world around them.

As long as we don't have to do it all the time like housework! There is a limit. :#
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

As long as we don't have to do it all the time like housework! There is a limit. :#

Yeah, if I didn't throw down those dirty socks then I'm not the one at my house going to pick them up. Other Sims shouldn't be punished by the game just generating trash. The Mayor of that island needs to get on the phone with whom ever is dumping on them. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited June 2019
    mika wrote: »
    Don't buy it then.

Why do people take it so personally when someone critiques EA? Of course I’m not going to buy it if I don’t want it. That’s not the point of this post. My point is to bring up a concern and wondering if others think the same. This game adds very little new substantial gameplay and I think it should be called out.

I didnt take anything personally, what you do is irrelevent to me. You're the only one taking it personally. You are free to critique whatever but at the end of the day your opinion won't matter or change the game, especially since the majority disagrees with you. So I just offered a simple solution for you. Ciao.
    Don't buy it then.

Why do people take it so personally when someone critiques EA? Of course I’m not going to buy it if I don’t want it. That’s not the point of this post. My point is to bring up a concern and wondering if others think the same. This game adds very little new substantial gameplay and I think it should be called out.

I didnt take anything personally, what you do is irrelevent to me. You're the only one taking it personally. You are free to critique whatever but at the end of the day your opinion won't matter or change the game, especially since the majority disagrees with you. So I just offered a simple solution for you. Ciao.

Thanks but I didn’t ask for your unsolicited advice. Simply shared my opinion.

I dont need your permission to give my opinion. You start a thread on an open public forum thats meant to be responsed to, then get angry when the response isn't one you like. I don't invest time into things I dislike. You're free to complain and people are free to respond accordingly. Really wish there was an age limit on these forums, I fear I keep responding to children or rude teenagers...
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm actually hoping that they make a game pack where you can run resorts/stay at them. It could add different types of hotels (High and low end) It could add water slides, splash pads, room service, different types of themes (kid theme, honeymoon suite, low end/dirty) I could see them adding this type of pack at some point.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Cinebar If that Mayor wants my Sims to cooperate he should provide more trash bins! B) My first save will be one where I let the island litter lying and see what happens. Might be interesting if they are punished with a volcano. I'm not sure I want a climate change lesson though.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I'm excited!! I've wanted an Island Paradise ep for so long!
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Personally I am incredibly excited about this pack, I love what it adds and I have no doubt it is going to be my second favourite after Seasons. But I know what you mean OP. To me all of the packs for TS4 are exceedingly overpriced for the content you get. We have to pay the price of a full game for a pack that only adds a few features to an existing game. It's nonsense. I feel like another company could have made a full new game consisting in sims living on an island, and that full game wouldn't have been more expensive than the IL EP. That is why people are so disappointed with TS4 EPs too in my opinion. With the exception of Seasons, a large part of those EPs consists of a few new features restricted to a new (tiny) world, that can hardly be called an expension to the game... EPs like CL, or GF, although nice to play, are not worth more than 20 €/$ in terms of content. I have already bought complete games for that price.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    For me personally it's the first expansion pack since City Living that I HAVE to have, no matter what. Even if I really couldn't afford it I would buy it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm not excited because nothing cool is free and it is REALLY not cool if you have to put things for sale. What happens if your Xbox, PS4, or your pc gets damage and you lose everything, Wouldn't you like things to be free like the Seasons pack or the Jungle adventure pack?
    Please post your thoughts. EA needs to hear us and make it up to us not them.

:D
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I'm actually hoping that they make a game pack where you can run resorts/stay at them. It could add different types of hotels (High and low end) It could add water slides, splash pads, room service, different types of themes (kid theme, honeymoon suite, low end/dirty) I could see them adding this type of pack at some point.
    Wouldnt mind seeing a dedicated GP in running a resort. :) Makes me want to see grungy motels.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I am super excited about this expansion, and as luck would have it this is the first time I won't be able to purchase it on release. I will have to watch let's plays to stem the excitement until I can. I have loved everything I have seen about this one.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Cinebar If that Mayor wants my Sims to cooperate he should provide more trash bins! B) My first save will be one where I let the island litter lying and see what happens. Might be interesting if they are punished with a volcano. I'm not sure I want a climate change lesson though.

It would be fun for Sims to touch the hot lava and burn up. >:) But I am going to assume those friendly islanders will probably save the Sim. (just guessing) And then I know someone will want it patched out, and it will become a very rare thing in about a month's time as it gets patched out. So, I expect the volcano not to be worth much after that, by the time they patch this EP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that they didn't do underwater lots. They could have easily made them and put them in the pack. Since there are no houseboats or resorts. It bothers me that it is a rabbit hole and you can't see sims dive for pearls or to catch rare fish. It's what bothers me the most.

But I am exited for it.

No doubt TS3 Island Paradise was much bigger in scope. But the world shipped with a lot of problems that were not fixed, and at least this world works. But I wish it had at least one more feature. Or I wish they had put in the work to update all worlds with beaches, in time for the launch of this EP. I hope they do go back and update them, like they said they'd do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

It would be fun for Sims to touch the hot lava and burn up. >:) But I am going to assume those friendly islanders will probably save the Sim. (just guessing) And then I know someone will want it patched out, and it will become a very rare thing in about a month's time as it gets patched out. So, I expect the volcano not to be worth much after that, by the time they patch this EP.

This. Everything g >:)>:) d, exciting, quirky, or random eventually gets nerfed out leaving us in happy happy joy joy land where nothing unpredictable happens unless forced.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Honestly I don't get the friendly islanders thing. I can already tell they will be annoying.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

It's already confirmed that if a Sim touches a hot lava stone he catches fire.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that they didn't do underwater lots. They could have easily made them and put them in the pack. Since there are no houseboats or resorts. It bothers me that it is a rabbit hole and you can't see sims dive for pearls or to catch rare fish. It's what bothers me the most.

But I am exited for it.

No doubt TS3 Island Paradise was much bigger in scope. But the world shipped with a lot of problems that were not fixed, and at least this world works. But I wish it had at least one more feature. Or I wish they had put in the work to update all worlds with beaches, in time for the launch of this EP. I hope they do go back and update them, like they said they'd do.

EA/Maxis never fixed what was wrong with that EP and most had to use mods. So imho that fault lies with the developer which was EA/Maxis and yes this pack may work as EA/Maxis is pouring so much care in this pack that they never did with IP.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    Truly i think the issue (Atleast for me!) is that most of us are so used to having packed to the brim game packs of Sims 3 so sims 4 being bare is a bit eh. I'm excited for the looks of the island living EP but i usually get bored quickly but thats just my issue :). Gameplay wise i love sims 3, for looks however i love Sims 4 cc and what not buuuuut do miss the open world
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    xxJaixx wrote: »
    Truly i think the issue (Atleast for me!) is that most of us are so used to having packed to the brim game packs of Sims 3 so sims 4 being bare is a bit eh. I'm excited for the looks of the island living EP but i usually get bored quickly but thats just my issue :). Gameplay wise i love sims 3, for looks however i love Sims 4 cc and what not buuuuut do miss the open world

Yes, that is the problem with Sims 4 packs for me, because IL like every other pack before it is the new shiny and its fun disspates quickly and that is one reason I do not pay full price as I do not feel so bad in not losing an little bit of money.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am liking this new direction Sims4 seems to be taking. In StrangerVille we saw the world change as we moved forward while solving the mystery. I was very unhappy about that game pack but ended up purchasing it in a bundle with GF and MFPS ( which I swore I would NEVER purchase), because I wanted some of the B/B assets in all three of those packs. I ended up playing through the mystery with several Sims, and will probably do it in the future depending on the story line I am creating. The one thing that stood out was how StrangerVille was altered by the actions of my Sims. This is what the teams have done with Sulani as well, and I am thrilled because the world is more interactive than the past worlds. While StrangerVille became a regular world as soon as the mystery was solved, Sulani will continue to be impacted by our Sims and how they interact with their island. It's a totally new style of gameplay I never thought possible in a Sims game. I am so looking forward to exploring it.

I have read a lot about the disappointment many people feel because Sims4 lacks depth, or we aren't seeing certain things from Sims2 or3 in Sims4. Well, that's because Sims4 isn't Sims2 or 3. Yes, we all have our favorite packs and content from the past we'd like to see in Sims4. But the teams are doing their best to bring some of that into the game while introducing us to the possibility there is a lot more that can be done with the game itself if we remain open to new ideas. After playing this game for nineteen years, and seeing the same content and gameplay redone in each new iteration, I am open to all the new ideas the teams can imagine and implement. I am very excited about Island Living, and I cannot wait to play it.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I am liking this new direction Sims4 seems to be taking. In StrangerVille we saw the world change as we moved forward while solving the mystery. I was very unhappy about that game pack but ended up purchasing it in a bundle with GF and MFPS ( which I swore I would NEVER purchase), because I wanted some of the B/B assets in all three of those packs. I ended up playing through the mystery with several Sims, and will probably do it in the future depending on the story line I am creating. The one thing that stood out was how StrangerVille was altered by the actions of my Sims. This is what the teams have done with Sulani as well, and I am thrilled because the world is more interactive than the past worlds. While StrangerVille became a regular world as soon as the mystery was solved, Sulani will continue to be impacted by our Sims and how they interact with their island. It's a totally new style of gameplay I never thought possible in a Sims game. I am so looking forward to exploring it.

I have read a lot about the disappointment many people feel because Sims4 lacks depth, or we aren't seeing certain things from Sims2 or3 in Sims4. Well, that's because Sims4 isn't Sims2 or 3. Yes, we all have our favorite packs and content from the past we'd like to see in Sims4. But the teams are doing their best to bring some of that into the game while introducing us to the possibility there is a lot more that can be done with the game itself if we remain open to new ideas. After playing this game for nineteen years, and seeing the same content and gameplay redone in each new iteration, I am open to all the new ideas the teams can imagine and implement. I am very excited about Island Living, and I cannot wait to play it.

I agree with everything you had said.