Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Swimming in other worlds ???

I tried looking to see if anyone has discussed this, but I haven’t seen anything. I have to ask are the bodies of water in other worlds being opened(i.e brindleton beach , etc )so we’re able to swim in it? Was there a statement said?

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I highly doubt it. As for anyone (official) saying so, I don't think they have said one way or the other.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    One of the people who attended the event said you can't :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    One of the people who attended the event said you can't :(

Thats so disappointing. As usual Sims 4 takes a leap forward, but takes 3 steps back.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm not surprised you can't. Wouldn't that mean they would have to redo all the worlds? I'm not too tech savvy and I know absolutely nothing about coding but I would assume so. Hopefully this will open the door for future worlds though.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There are about half a dozen threads on this question already, but the answer is no, no swimming in other waters.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I doubt it too.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    I doupt it, I think they are trying to see how little content they can get away with without people complaining, the size of the map looks more like a game pack than an expansion
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    I doubt it. I think the ocean gameplay is like apartment gameplay in CL, the main selling point of the pack. So, they won't share it to another pack.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The other interesting question is: will ocean features like boats, snorkeling, air matresses or mermaid hydration also work in pools? This way we could at least implement a little bit of the fun into other worlds.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    There are multiple threads about this already in the EP section, and no: no swimming in other seas or oceans. They have stated that multiple times before.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019
    I was building in Windenburg and wondering the same thing.
    I kind of hope so, other wise that's a lot of water gone to waste, Oh! what if they made the sea monster real.
    Death by Sea Monster =D
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I don't see what the point of swimming in other worlds would be. None of the worlds have beach lots that are really connected to water. The only world that technically has a beach is Brindleton Bay. Also, I don't understand how they could have swimming in other worlds when we don't even have an open world for sims to swim in. In the Sims 3, they had base game lots that were beaches, and also the world was completely open, so they basically had to make all water able to swim in. Ocean swimming will be a lot closer to the Sims 2 in Bon Voyage, which I think is fine.
  • Options
    moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    hmm brindeton bay and windenburg (island) and magnolia park (upper lots where spencer-lewis family lives) all have some great ocean connected lots but i can see how on one hand how ocean swimming is alot more a thing in tropical places but its also going to make it really boring to play mermaids any other world than sulani.

id like a way to disguise pools better ingame to look more natural than placing 100 rocks around it :/ as a work around
  • Options
    YannoliYannoli Posts: 48 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There are about half a dozen threads on this question already, but the answer is no, no swimming in other waters.
    Like I said in my post, I searched and hadn’t seen any so the first part of your reply was unnecessary.
  • Options
    Yannoli wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Like I said in my post, I searched and hadn’t seen any so the first part of your reply was unnecessary.

I apologize if I hurt your feeling, but you must not have searched very hard. May I suggest next time using the SEARCH feature at the top of the page.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    No unfortunately not. The granite falls lake(s) would have made the game pack so much more fun if our Sims could swim while camping. Oh well.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    No unfortunately not. The granite falls lake(s) would have made the game pack so much more fun if our Sims could swim while camping. Oh well.

This! I was mainly thinking of Granite Falls, too.
  • Options
    I think it might be possible to add swimming to the two vacation worlds as they are smaller and not as permanent as other worlds.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I don't see what the point of swimming in other worlds would be. None of the worlds have beach lots that are really connected to water. The only world that technically has a beach is Brindleton Bay. Also, I don't understand how they could have swimming in other worlds when we don't even have an open world for sims to swim in. In the Sims 3, they had base game lots that were beaches, and also the world was completely open, so they basically had to make all water able to swim in. Ocean swimming will be a lot closer to the Sims 2 in Bon Voyage, which I think is fine.

You can go go down to the beach on Windenburg Island too, wish they would open that up to swimming and sand castle building.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yannoli wrote: »
    I tried looking to see if anyone has discussed this, but I haven’t seen anything. I have to ask are the bodies of water in other worlds being opened(i.e brindleton beach , etc )so we’re able to swim in it? Was there a statement said?

Players who tried the game won't know as one of the player posted the game only had the ep and base game in the pcs at I Play. They did say there were Devs there answering questions but whether or not that was answered or asked I guess we won't find out until tomorrow I believe it is when the embargo lifts.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »

You can go go down to the beach on Windenburg Island too, wish they would open that up to swimming and sand castle building.

There is a very, very beautiful island part in Brindleton Bay as well that is extremely pretty. In fact, because I prefer American towns/cities to exotic places, being able to swim and use aqua zips and such in a place similar to BB or even Windenburg would be awesome.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2019
    So far all we got is SimGuruJill saying "We are not closing the option of upgrade existing worlds, nor are we closing ourselves to adding ocean swimming in future worlds" so I'd say its a good time for anyone who wants ocean swimming in older or new worlds make themselves heard on Twitter because they sure don't look here.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So far all we got is SimGuruJill saying "We are not closing the option of upgrade existing worlds, nor are we closing ourselves to adding ocean swimming in future worlds" so I'd say its a good time for anyone who wants ocean swimming in older or new worlds make themselves heard on Twitter because they sure don't look here.

They’ve used a similar line in the past, don’t take the bait they aren’t interested in making other water functional. From the wording it sounds like they aren’t even set on making future world water functional. We can be as loud as possible, they’re just slipping in a maybe to fool people while they don’t use that ‘feature’ anymore. Same for apartments.