Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spoiler, Mermaids

How disappointed are you toddlers and kids won't have a mermaid state?
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Spoiler, Mermaids 149 votes

Deal Breaker
1%
Mikado-chanRae357 2 votes
Very, But buying it anyway
32%
JeanjeepjeepcatIceyJPlayerSinger2010SimQueenie9AnmirlaJadedJanefriendlysimmersDJQ1308AngelluluWinterKhirinashcrash19JACKIEJOYpapertongueBabykittyjadeKniga_SitaraSeptJanOctfloridameerkatAlbaWaterhouseannaliese39 49 votes
Don't Care, I don't play them anyway.
65%
lizmac21Linnyxx17catmom1987GoldmoldarKita5399LaBlue0314alexspoom13overonAlrynnAlainar415MeteoraStormStrangerthanhappysimmer2007PapayaPancakesimgirl1010miss_simlishmock68loubylouloubarracuda1574SxcDannii202 98 votes

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That is very disappointing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Did toddlers and kids have mermaid abilities in the sims 3 besides the scales on their legs?
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I would have picked the last option but I do like playing younger life stages for when I’m developing their skills/character.

In past game iterations, toddlers and children haven’t been able to manifest ‘full-blown’ supernatural abilities.

I do remember TS3 werewolf toddlers would howl and mermaid toddlers would have leg scales. But they still were not able to take advantage of their powers yet.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    Did toddlers and kids have mermaid abilities in the sims 3 besides the scales on their legs?

I didn't buy IP, so I don't know, this is a new game, I was expecting possibly things would include the kids.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I can't really use any of these poll options. I never expected kids and toddlers to have a mermaid state based both on Vampires and TS3 Mermaids. If they did then awesome but it was never going to bother me.

I play kids and toddlers a lot though so the last option doesn't apply.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I didn't buy IP, so I don't know, this is a new game, I was expecting possibly things would include the kids.

I understand. I did have the pack but I didn’t play mermaids much so I don’t remember. I don’t think they got their tails until teens possibly. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. It would have been cool for children to at least have tails but I’m ok with what we got. The mermaids looks pretty cool and their animations are nice and smooth so I’m happy with what I’ve seen so far.
  • Options
    AncientcivAncientciv Posts: 55 Member
    I am very disappointed
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    This one doesn’t exactly fit me.. I probably will only play a mermaid in my one occult save to check out the feature. I prefer more realistic gameplay for the most part. I do play toddlers and children, but won’t even notice the missing feature.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    The mermaids barely intrigue me in the first place, but I almost never play children or toddlers so it makes no difference to me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I assumed the “them” was mermaids, but now I realize you meant toddlers/children. I play with families constantly, so it doesn’t totally apply but regardless, I personally don’t really care. I’ll maybe play around with mermaids once just to see but mostly likely never again.

I think toddler mermaids would have been really cute for those into that, though, so I understand the disappointment. As far as storytelling goes though, I would just say the tail manifests in teenagers like a symptom of puberty. That would be my thought process if I were to play with them, anyway.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m disappointed, but I still love so much of the pack and the mermaids overall, that I’m good for getting the pack anyway. The mermaids have more powers, especially Siren powers, in Sims 4 compared to Sims 3 (though I will miss the Kraken and sharks).

(Sims 3’s mermaid toddlers and children were meh as well. I tried to find CC for Sims 3 toddlers back then, but could only find an ugly CC. Sims 3 toddlers only had scales. They had no abilities or anything special, if I’m remembering correctly.

Both the children and toddlers only had scales...and that’s it.. No tails until teen. So, yeah, if my memory is correct, then Sims 3 was also somewhat guilty of this teen tail thing. At least they did the scales, which I do appreciate.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019

I played a lot of mermaids back in Sims 3, and I’m pretty sure the scales were the only thing they had. They (mermaid-type babies, toddlers, children) were boring back then, too.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Where is the I don’t care option? I wasn’t expecting it anyway...I am super pumped for Mermaids!!!! Vampires don’t have anything other than looks as Kids and I actually think it is kind of cool. Adds to the lure for my gameplay anyway.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Would have liked to see children as mermaids at least. A mermaid family sounds nice. Toddlers can understand not having a tail of sorts, yet seeing a toddler in shallow water playing with a mermaid tail sounds really adorable.

Don't play with children as much as I would teen and up as younger stages of a sims life has always been pretty limited in each iteration. Figured they wouldn't considering how children and younger in occult states usually goes.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Disappointing, but not unexpected. They couldn't in sims 3 either.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not worried about it. I do play with toddlers, I'm just happy they added this life sage.
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    it is disappointing, but i also wasn’t expecting it. and other than that, the mermaids are perfect and pretty much what i always wanted them to be like ever since mermaids were announced back in the Sims 3. so... already pre-ordered, haha.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I won't play with the mermaids so I don't care.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I don't mind. Younger sims almost never manifest any occult traits in these games anyway. I'll still enjoy mermaids :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Don't matter to me. Toddlers are a pain to care for and can only do so much anyway, so I tend to age them up once they max out their skills.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    None of the answers really apply. There's enough items in the pack that the lack of toddler/child mermaids doesn't really matter (I'm more interested to see if mermaid offspring have any special hidden traits, especially if one parent his human).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ang803ang803 Posts: 20 Member
    I don't really ever play with toddlers or kids, so I don't care about that.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    I mean it would have been cute but I don't really remember there ever being much to do with occults until they are teen so
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm a little disappointed, but not too much. It follows the current trend. Kids can't be full-fledged vampires or plant Sims, and (I think?) the only way you can get a ghost kid is the wishing well. There's alien kids, but I don't think they get all their powers until they're older? Or am I remembering wrong?

Anyway, coming into magic in the teenage years is a pretty common trope. Doesn't bother me much. And I'm sure there will be plenty of ocean-y outfits for our pre-merfolk toddlers while they're growing up.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    I can't really use any of these poll options. I never expected kids and toddlers to have a mermaid state based both on Vampires and TS3 Mermaids. If they did then awesome but it was never going to bother me.

I play kids and toddlers a lot though so the last option doesn't apply.

Ditto.