Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Mermaid Powers & More? Lets speculate

Comments

• Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    I love the idea of branching choices like vampires... so that you can have a benevolent one but also like an evil one that can lure people to their watery grave. I also hope for kids and toddler to have tails, at least in the bath tub and pool but I'm not holding my breath for it. Vampires didn't have their powers until they were teens (but then, that might also have been because blood-sucking kids might have been considered to inappropriate for the game).

As for powers, I could see talking to dolphins, alluring sims, controlling water, commanding storms, lure to their death as a few. With the new conservationist theme, I could also see powers that would let you clean the beach with magic, or even a weakness that makes your mersim sick if the beaches aren't clean.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I do hope we can lure men to their deaths. I’m so gonna make an evil Siren and do that, maybe have a child with one then kill them >:)
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    They won't be able to drown.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    AwkwardAquaAwkwardAqua Posts: 58 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I wonder if the powers will come in a power ups format like the one vampires and celebrities have, or if they have a few extra interactions and abilities like aliens. I think getting to choose the powers would be more fun. but I'm quite happy with anything. I just hope kids can be mermaids or have mermaid traits as well

I imagine that merfolk powers are less like vampire powers that level up, but more like alien powers that simply exist at a preset level.

I agree with this. Vampires got a whole Gamepack dedicated to that life state. Mermaids just one part of this expansion pack. I feel like mermaids will be a little more fleshed out than Aliens but not as detailed as Vampires.
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: awkwardaqua
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

but maybe they'll die on land. they maybe half human but for how long can they survive when they're out of water for too long.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »

but maybe they'll die on land. they maybe half human but for how long can they survive when they're out of water for too long.

They have a hydration bar, but I don’t know what would happen if that bar runs out... I’m going to guess drying out? Like in Sims 3?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I just want the toddlers, children, and babies to have tails. It's all I want Maxis :tired_face:

They better make mermaid toddlers have tails in the kiddie pools that came with Seasons.

I saw a post from a CC maker who played the game at I Play and she says kids down do not get the tail - only teens up.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2019

Figured, unfortunately.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    Could their food choices be limited to like kelp and etc like it was for mermaids in the sims 3. If there's a skill tree of sorts there could be a weakness or something you pick that limits them to that maybe?
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Wynnox wrote: »
    Could their food choices be limited to like kelp and etc like it was for mermaids in the sims 3. If there's a skill tree of sorts there could be a weakness or something you pick that limits them to that maybe?

I kinda hope their food choices aren't limited and they can eat anything , but that they only need kelp to survive and regular food is optional. Or if they could go underwater and hunt for their food (chasing fish, clam, shrimp, etc) that would be cool
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,979 Member
    Powers I would like for my sea hags:

1.Siren song (makes sims fall in love with the mermaid)
    could also result to other sim keep following your mermaid around mesmerized
    with some moodlet like ''such a beautiful voice'' or whatever

2. Dragging/luring sims into the sea to drown them (off their boat, from land wherever they are though should be able to select which sim)

3. being able to cause some form of storm

4. call on sea monster to attack sim / whole boat

5. I suppose my sea hags should also be able to talk with fish or something that does not involve killing random npc *cough*

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    I reallllyyy hope they have the same “power” system as vampires and celebrities.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    I ATLEAST want to be able to drown men. If I can do that, I have an entire gameplay figured out. Kill a few Unfortunate Souls, have a baby with one really good looking one, drown the father and if the kids a son, then drown him when it’s proper age. Ah man, I’m messed up.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, but the hair in this pack looks gorgeous just from the trailer. Some hair I’ve seen will look amazing on dark colored Sims, plus we could do with a few more braids.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Okay, but the hair in this pack looks gorgeous just from the trailer. Some hair I’ve seen will look amazing on dark colored Sims, plus we could do with a few more braids.

I think the two “mermaid” hairs are my favorite 😍😍
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    As far as powers go I hope whatever it is there’s at least something children related. That would be so cool to see a mermaid doing her powers in front of the kids to help with their sandcastle or something 😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    I love the hair on the main sim in the trailer, that turns out to be a mermaid
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    https://simsontherope.tumblr.com/post/185520154346/and-its-time-for-some-new-infos-or-not-so-new/amp?__twitter_impression=true

So:

-Sims can turn to mermaids and vice-versa. Something is implied about some sort of Kelp.

-Children can be mermaids, but powers and traits won’t manifest until teenhood.

-Mermaids have skin-tones, eyes, and sharp teeth options

-Mermaids have two forms, like vampires

-Mermaids can summon thunderstorms with Seasons

-Hygiene is replaced by Hydration. Swimming in ocean, taking a bath/shower, and drinking water refills this needs bar.

-When taking a bath, Mermaids’ tails show up.

-Mermaids’ powers: seducing sims, special kiss, summoning a water threat to attack other sims, singing lullabies

-Traits affect abilities (ie: Evil sim mermaids can’t do certain nicer abilities)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Another ea gc said the tub animation is pretty cool
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    I was hoping for mermaids to be more like vampires, but these also sound like such an improvement on TS3 mermaids that I'm still very happy. I was also hoping for a new mermaid aspiration, but doesn't seem lik that is in the cards either.

I can't wait to see the tub animation, and the "off the grid" lot trait sounds so cool!! I could totally combo that with mermaid trying to live hidden XD
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,979 Member
    hair is really pretty but my only complaint is that there isn't even one with like bangs on it so rest in peace my bang loving sim
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Haha, you know what could be funny if You fish in the ocean and catch a mermaid. I hope the Fisher get fish-slapped
    Pray you catch these fins!
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Okay, there’s a vid with cas items and gameplay. It’s official, I’m buying it
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    Still no word yet on if mermaids get their tails when they go in swimming pools and hottubs.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Still no word yet on if mermaids get their tails when they go in swimming pools and hottubs.

I'd assume so, If they do in bathtubs.
    My question is what happens when it rains and they get soaked.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood: