Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Mermaid Powers & More? Lets speculate

It was hinted at that mermaids will have some sort of abilities. I think I saw a photo of one talking to a dolphin, but I hope there's more, such as water-based magic. Maybe mermaids can manipulate waves or weather to a small degree?

How cool would it be if there was a hidden underwater grotto for mermaids similar to the lot for Aliens, Sixam?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They will probably be able to call dolphins and have a higher, more natural relationship with them. I'd also like it if a merperson in human form has some kind of allure that makes human sims attracted to them. Humans won't know why they are attracted, just that they are. And maybe can convince a human to do things easier, like the love trait.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I hope it's fun ones! Like call the storm in, with Seasons, and sing on rock, and lure sims, sit in tub with tail out, call fish to location, have a secret lot, drop scales when dry, etc. Lay fish eggs? Mebeh. I just want cool new powers that dont do to much emotion stuff like "song to make happy/flirty/sad" like we got too much of that already with objects and such
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited June 2019
    I would be hysterical if mermaids laid pearl like eggs as offspring 😂😂😭 but It would be cool.

I remember watching Makos Mermaids, the three girls always had a quarry they’d go to and hang out etc. Least.. but the very last... ability to control sea life!
  • Options
    Sims4ever1994Sims4ever1994 Posts: 3 New Member
    I really hope they have abilities like singing to attract sims, manipulate water/weather. Would be could to have mermaid skills so the higher skills you have the more powerful you powers were.
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I really hope they have abilities like singing to attract sims, manipulate water/weather. Would be could to have mermaid skills so the higher skills you have the more powerful you powers were.

Yeah, like Vampire skill tree! I really love it. It gives positives and negatives. Like for mermaids it could have tons of positives and negatives like get dry faster, needs to only eat seaweed/fish and no human food, etc.
    I hope they have good fun powers, I cant quite think of too many right now cuz of a migraine but I'm excited to hear more I love mermaids im so impressed with mermaid tails and CAS so far and need to see animations!
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I’m part of a sims Facebook group. One of the members is currently at E3. She said that mermaids have the ability to call on dolphins to lower their hydration need.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I just want the toddlers, children, and babies to have tails. It's all I want Maxis :tired_face:
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I just want the toddlers, children, and babies to have tails. It's all I want Maxis :tired_face:

They better make mermaid toddlers have tails in the kiddie pools that came with Seasons.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I wonder if the powers will come in a power ups format like the one vampires and celebrities have, or if they have a few extra interactions and abilities like aliens. I think getting to choose the powers would be more fun. but I'm quite happy with anything. I just hope kids can be mermaids or have mermaid traits as well
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited June 2019
    I would be hysterical if mermaids laid pearl like eggs as offspring 😂😂😭 but It would be cool.

I remember watching Makos Mermaids, the three girls always had a quarry they’d go to and hang out etc. Least.. but the very last... ability to control sea life!

Bshaha I love that idea!! I think it'd be kinda cute honestly
    I used to watch H2O Just add water with my sister as a teen. We wanted to be mermaids so badly :D
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Would Mermaid toddlers even have a tail? I do really hope they do, but it could be something similar to vamp kids who only get their powers when their teen.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Something like beautiful singing that enchants other sims, summoning or communicating/befriending the sea life, and maybe storm or water powers?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I wonder if the powers will come in a power ups format like the one vampires and celebrities have, or if they have a few extra interactions and abilities like aliens. I think getting to choose the powers would be more fun. but I'm quite happy with anything. I just hope kids can be mermaids or have mermaid traits as well

I imagine that merfolk powers are less like vampire powers that level up, but more like alien powers that simply exist at a preset level.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

They better make mermaid toddlers have tails in the kiddie pools that came with Seasons.

Or even better, make their mermaid tail come at random because they don't know how to control it!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    But just Imagine an adorable little toddler mermaid. I hope you can actually see their tail in water! I’m gonna wait till it’s disvounted if I choose to buy it, I have enough savings c:
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    If we get Aquaman level "communicate/control the sea wild life" powers, I want death by dolphin/shark attack! Would make your visit with Flippers the Dolphin a LOT more exciting. :')
  • Options
    Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    I would love for a similar system to vampires or the fame system, but with different abilities. I think they should embrace the two kinds: Mermaids and Sirens, good and bad. That would be amazing, but I’ll wait!
  • Options
    Jasper7702 wrote: »
    I would love for a similar system to vampires or the fame system, but with different abilities. I think they should embrace the two kinds: Mermaids and Sirens, good and bad. That would be amazing, but I’ll wait!
    And on top of that: like in the fame system have them start then branch off into a mermaid or siren. Powers could be like: interactions with sea life, powers in singing, allure, control of the weather, control of waves/ocean, and I pray for the power to transform into an actually fish or something. I would love to see toddlers, and kids have tails. Toddlers sit in their kiddie pool, and then pops out a tail: excited, scared, or confused. Children can just have the tail, and it isn’t always on. Teens know how to use the tail and all. Etc. So much potential, let’s hope they didn’t just scratch the surface.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Well Mermaids in The Sims 3 are very simple life states. Pretty much their only ability is to summon sharks if they have the Evil trait.
    And the fact they have a tail and can swim faster.

I suppose Mermaids in The Sims 4 will basically be the same, except they will call upon Dolphins instead. And they probably will need to Swim rather than just want to.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Well Mermaids in The Sims 3 are very simple life states. Pretty much their only ability is to summon sharks if they have the Evil trait.
    And the fact they have a tail and can swim faster.

I suppose Mermaids in The Sims 4 will basically be the same, except they will call upon Dolphins instead. And they probably will need to Swim rather than just want to.

Mermaids can lullaby other sims so they do have powers other than summoning dolphins
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd like to have my mermaids lure men to their deaths, please :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    A thread by a simmer who saw a tumblr by someone who went to the Play event said something that mermaids can make sims fall in love or drown them.

I really hope that’s true! :smile: It’s what I expect from a mermaid (siren).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    A thread by a simmer who saw a tumblr by someone who went to the Play event said something that mermaids can make sims fall in love or drown them.

I really hope that’s true! :smile: It’s what I expect from a mermaid (siren).

Omg I really hope for that!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I mean we don't know much But I was hoping for something along the lines of Shifting like werewolves.

High Tide, when the Ocean's strength is at it's greatest, the merfolk are also at their strongest, even have the power to walk on land. but only during high tide.
    When Low tide, comes, merfolk have to return to the ocean, otherwise they'll shift and be stranded on dry land... either be carried back to shore, worm their way back to shore, or perish from lack of water.

Hopefully there is an adventure aspect in terms of exploring the Sea, and finding sunken treasure. I hope to find an under water grotto/temple ruins. sort of like a "sword in the stone" aspect, Poseidon's Trident. Pull it out and gain all the powers of the ocean.
    Summon storms, attack the shores with Massive tidal waves, aquatic transformations.

I'm Blanking on Mermaid Perks tho...
    Maybe:
    Alluring Aura, Allowing Your presence alone will inspire certain things to happen
    Voice of the Sea, to calm, call storms, mind manipulation.
    Aquatic Guardian, summon a Guardian/companion (of choice).
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I could see them bring back the Singing skill from CI, or giving mermaids some cross-pack synergy by having them level up the skill much faster. It's not the most glamorous "power," but it'd be a fun detail.

Then again, it'd also be funny to have a mermaid with a horrible singing voice. But if they go with the power tree system, that could be a weakness.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017