Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which theme would you rather have for Realm of Magic GP?

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Other (comment)
    I want a combination of Makin' magic, witches and fantasy.

I also want castles with turrets rounded walls and maybe Kings and Queens as they have called it a Realm!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Makin' Magic ( similiar to ts1)
    Simburian wrote: »
    I want a combination of Makin' magic, witches and fantasy.

I also want castles with turrets rounded walls and maybe Kings and Queens as they have called it a Realm!

Well not lying here i could do with evil queen
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think it's going to be a Medieval realm, just a magic one, hopefully similar to Makin' Magic.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Other (comment)
    I want the abilities to be broad enough to cover several types of Witches. Wizard of Oz, Harry Potter, Wizards...
    I personally want to be able to make White Witches (Wiccan/Nature), Voodoo Priest(esses), 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Witches, Native American Shamans, and upon looking up what I could use with Chinese New Year items, a Witch that in legend has a fox for a familiar (Japanese, but I'll use what I've got to work with).
    I want them to range from whimsical classic to legend.

I would like to see a version of Magic Town return. That was a great vibe.

I do not ever want to see alignment again. I want witches to be able to cast all sorts of spells and not be tied to a certain set or change themselves because they use certain spells. Their "alignment" should be displayed through their character and how you play them.
    If a small set of spells is only available to "certain" Witches, let it be our choice via a spell tree similar to Vampires. That way we have a say in customizing our Witches.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    I'm on the side that Makin' Magic was the best implementation. You should have to opt into making any given sim magical, but it should be available for whoever you want instead of having to be a lifestate and invoke hybridization rules if you want to combine it with another lifestyle. Although I could do with having magic be more innate than just charging up spells like inventory objects.

The bigger question comes because this will be a game pack, and we saw how Vampires was very focused on its decor. I wonder what decor styles people think will inform all the added stuff that comes with RoM.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Other (comment)
    Wizards. staffs, powers, invisible, no brooms, crystal balls that see other Sims and what they are doing. Cloaks, magic ones, elf magic cloaks your Sim puts it on and disappears, Harry Potter stole that from LOTRs. Makin' Magic duels. Magic Town, with weird and very weird characters, and vendors. Gain special tokens to move to new world just like Magic Town.

Crows, good and bad. Vulgers, beware the vulgers it might be an evil wizard in disguise, out to get your Sim. Darkness, no slap happy gameplay. No cutesy magic tricks.

Old Man Lum, and his evil gnomes. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I want the abilities to be broad enough to cover several types of Witches. Wizard of Oz, Harry Potter, Wizards...
    I personally want to be able to make White Witches (Wiccan/Nature), Voodoo Priest(esses), 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Witches, Native American Shamans, and upon looking up what I could use with Chinese New Year items, a Witch that in legend has a fox for a familiar (Japanese, but I'll use what I've got to work with).
    I want them to range from whimsical classic to legend.

I would like to see a version of Magic Town return. That was a great vibe.

I do not ever want to see alignment again. I want witches to be able to cast all sorts of spells and not be tied to a certain set or change themselves because they use certain spells. Their "alignment" should be displayed through their character and how you play them.
    If a small set of spells is only available to "certain" Witches, let it be our choice via a spell tree similar to Vampires. That way we have a say in customizing our Witches.

Yeah I sort of wish they'd make 1 magical life state you'd change up with perks you want and all the cas things would be usable for them like pointy ears horns witch clothes wings... whatever supernatural there is to change your sims looks it could actually make lots of sense and add much more to game

for makin' magic i hope they bring literally everything back (oops i just can't name a thing i do not love about it) but i think biggest thing i need is dragons since sims 3 disappointed me big time and they better make up for that

would not say no to sims 4 magic town return too tho it'd be fun to see how they would make that in ts4
    also lots of curses and spells that are unique like toadification etc id just really love those funny ones
    could use some more witchy spell books and cauldrons tho if i really need to not like something about makin' magic
  • Options
    ok after all this speculation i will probably get extremely disappointed by half baked supernatural witches but...
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Fantasy (fairies,dragons...)
    Realm of magic? I assume fairies are included beside witches. I hope so.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Fantasy, or a nice mix of different options of varied magic types. I want Charmed/Sabrina-like witches and/or fairies (if they add a second occult type).

This is what I want
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited June 2019
    Maybe we should wait til August which might be when they post trailer about it- and not guess so we aren't disappointed
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    I don’t care about occult usually but omg I loved makin magic, please be like that ❤️
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I almost feel sorry for the devs, for there are soooo many varied ways magic can go, and they have limited budgets, and you can’t satisfy everyone’s tastes (just like any pack, of course).

So I will not hype myself for the magic pack too much. I’ll wait and see what theme and approach they are going with the magic.

I just hope there are some variety in the powers and some alchemy stuff.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Maybe we should wait til August which might be when they post trailer about it- and not guess so we aren't disappointed

speculation forum shall speculate until they disappoint themselves :joy:
  • Options
    ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    I want a mix of Harry Potter, Sabrina the teenage witch, and bewitched. Not every Sim should be using magic, but most can learn.
  • Options
    I almost feel sorry for the devs, for there are soooo many varied ways magic can go, and they have limited budgets, and you can’t satisfy everyone’s tastes (just like any pack, of course).

So I will not hype myself for the magic pack too much. I’ll wait and see what theme and approach they are going with the magic.

I just hope there are some variety in the powers and some alchemy stuff.

yeah whatever they do someone will be like ''why did you do this when you could...'' :joy: rip devs
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I don't want it
    Personally it doesn’t interest me at all (at this point anyway), as I prefer realism in my game.. However, I am happy for those that wanted it, it’s just not my cup of tea. :)
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    A combination of the others with entirely new elements
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I haven’t played any of these, but for my current playstyle, Makin’ Magic is the best fit. But I’m excited anyway!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    edited June 2019
    There's the option missing Supernatural (Similar to TS3)

Edit: Not that I'd vote for that. It's just that it's missing.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Other (comment)
    I would like it to be a combo of all three, with alignments that STAY THAT WAY! Seriously, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Maxis with that nonsense? Magic Town would be awesome, alchemy, DRAGONS (or a special Fantasy pack?) and any number of things that I can think of. Magical servants and familiars, yes!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'll probably buy a magic pack regardless but fantasy is a favourite with me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    While I hope Witches are an Occult, I hope Alignments don't return.
    I've explained in great length in other threads why I think an Alignment system would be a bad idea.
    The short version is that it'd limit gameplay and storytelling.
    With an Alignment system that forces you to be either good or evil and won't allow you to cast a curse to an annoying Sim or a blessing to a loved one without changing alignment, you can only ever play 2 types of Witches, 3 at most.
    Compare that with Vampires, where you can customize your experience exactly the way you like.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Makin' Magic.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I liked the witch I had in Making Magic, she could brew up spells. I also like the tree system they have in Vampires. I also liked the witch skills in Harry Potter. So kind of a combination of them. I like the idea of animal helpers, like a cart, owl, rat and dragon like in Harry Potter.