Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Incredibly disappointed with Maxis

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    Sorry about that! I’m one of those two people who really wanted this over university. I will accept 50% of the blame.

LOL I must be the other half of that. I love he said two people , I laughed at that.

I'll take like, 80% because I kept insisting that the leaks could be fake :joy:
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I just hope there’s more lifestates coming this year. I feel like they’re still lacking in that department for the 6 years this game has been out now.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Tbh, I wanted this more than the University, and we're getting witches soon. So everything OK by me.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    There's no need to be disappointed and don't let yourself get discouraged. What's that saying, "all good things come to those who wait". University or some type of school pack will eventually come. In Sims 2 and 3 it came towards the end of those series and they've said that there is still plenty of content to come over the next couple years.

They did announce what is to come this year, though not too much info on the other packs, but just letting us know what's ahead for the year is more info than we've ever been given for Sims 4 in one sitting (if I can recall all these years since it's release). I for one am very thankful for what they have shared and am super happy for having something to look forward to. I admit not much of a fan for the stuff pack but if it's not something I want in game I just won't get it.

But above all I am totally psyched for the Realm of Magic and will enjoy every minute of Island Living. I think it will add a great deal to this game. specially with the summer holiday.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2019
    i am very much looking forward to the next expasion, cant wait. i do wish there was hula dancing though lol. also im glad there going with a witch game this fall. maybe the hula dance is a secret, i hope so. ill probably watch it over n over until it comes out now
  • Options
    JorvanJorvan Posts: 43 Member
    This game feels incomplete without university. Until it comes out, I think I'll be disappointed with every EP that's not it. But I guess, good for the people who wanted this I guess? Hopefully it won't break my game like Island Paradise did in Sims 3 :D
    Screenshot-42.jpg

Come check out my story
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited June 2019
    I didn't ask for this pack either, but I'm still very excited! It looks promising. Honestly, I'm mostly happy that we're getting lounge chairs back... but I also like the addition of sailboats, motorboats, etc. Also, sandcastles!

I'm also quite excited that the next game pack IS going to be magic! I'm really hoping this means witches will be making a comeback.

I've learned not to complain too much about packs "nobody asked for"... mostly because I almost always end up enjoying those packs (ironically). Two great examples are 'Get Together' and 'Strangerville'... I criticized both at first, but they're actually really great packs! I've learned my lesson... of course, I would've rather gotten 'University' as the next expansion pack... but I'm also fine with 'Island Living'.

Edit: OMG! I'm also excited about the LGBT Pride content too! :heart:
    Post edited by Lustianicia on
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I watched the whole thing, was also kind of meh about the announcements. I'll give them a chance though. I'm kind of getting sick of not getting any more apartment living though and the neighborhoods they've been putting out lately are really small. There better be a decent amount of residential lots on the island. I wanted University more than this stuff but guess I can wait a bit longer. I just really hope that we get a new city with apartments soon. Should have been in the GF pack.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm happy either way..University or Island Living. Of course, I'll take or leave whatever they announce. If I like it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I won't. In all honestly, I think University, Witches and Island Living are the most requested packs I've seen here on the forums. I could be wrong but that's just what I noticed.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2019
    It looks beautiful, so I'm trying very hard to not compare it to the Sims 3 version. I'm hoping that there are plenty of lots, I'm hoping there's more than one lot with an ocean, I'm hoping that the jet skis (I can't think of what they're calling them but they're jet skis) actually will be a mode of transportation. It's not a day 1 buy for me, but I know I will get it.

I honestly loved the enthusiasm there, though. I'm hoping the upcoming game pack is witches and fairies. The stuff pack sounds like a meh to me, especially since it will most likely be just clothing. I'm also hoping there aren't English words on any of the upcoming clothing. But I do like the pride celebration.

Back to IP, it will be a wildly popular EP. I keep hoping they'll add more emotions and memories and realistic reactions, but I think that's beyond the scope of an EP. It will be super fun to build with this pack, though.

Edit: Oh, I forgot. I really hope that mermaids have the same system as vampires and celebrities do.
  • Options
    L0uL0u Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="FurSimsOfficial;c-17096034"]The paradise living pack is really cool. We already kind of knew it from the leaks the passed few days. The rumors were true :)

The other (big? Not sure how that was big) announcement they made was.. just a waist. Why this overdone dedication to pride stuff? It's getting annoying. I couldn't even understand half the words he was saying. Just not something that is very much needed.

The last few announcements kind of ruined the first one for me tbh. It was a bit disappointing. I expected something bigger. Uni, farming, cars, open world/sub-hoods, big changes in the core game etc.
    [/quote]

Maybe you can try to understand that for some people those news where actually quite big. Personally I am very happy about the fact that my favourite childhood game is this inclusive of its gay players. Sadly this is not a given and a big company like EA making it a point to have it in their game is a step in the right direction. The execution is gonna be up for debate, because being gay isnt all rainbow colours and flower crowns, but we will see and i appreciate the effort. Seeing that you couldnt understand half of what they were saying means that educating people on this topic is still very much needed and as the sims is played by a wide range of people itll definitely do some good. Maybe ull find a way to incorporate it in your gameplay as well, because its definitely part of real life (:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2019
    I literary just stopped watching EA play at the announcement of Island Living. If you enjoy it more power to you, but to me it;'s the most plum expansion in the history of Maxis to release. I would have taken witches (which is also plum) over Island living. You realize we are only going to get only like two liveable lots to live on. It's so disheartening seeing how Maxis is so tone deaf to their fans who've been crying for university, witches, and other packs but introduces something that only two people asked for.

More than two people have asked for an island pack. And if you "literary" (which I believe means literally) turned off the screen you missed many of the details:
    • You can become an ocean conservationist and your actions will affect the world environment.
    • Odd jobs means you can just work when you want, leaving more time to enjoy the island life. The new freelance careers also will work well with the island life.
    • Mermaids are an actual playable life state, with their own unique powers. Maybe not as deeply fleshed out as vampires and witches (the latter are coming this fall!) but it should still be interesting.
    • Even if there are lots that have venues on them, you can always bulldoze those and build your own houses or other venues. I already have two museums in my game (the one in Willow Creek and in Brindleton Bay), not counting the one in Selvadorada so I would probably replace a museum lot with a different venue or maybe a house depending on the location). Or rather I'll wait and see what pops up on the Gallery since I can't build worth a lick. :/
    • And you missed the announcement of the SP and GP arriving later -- fashion photography isn't my main interest but if it means we'll get improvements to photography skill (maybe a full-fledged skill with 10 levels?) I'll be a happy Simmer. And Realm of Magic is an amazing title for the GP -- if it gets the full treatment like Vampires I'll be over the moon!

Maybe later packs will be more to your interest -- I'd be surprised if we didn't have another EP to take advantage of holiday shopping, so there's still a chance to see University or something similar this year. Maybe wait to see a few more details about this pack before you completely write it off?

ETA: And if you're going to criticize people, maybe have the courtesy to get their names right? It's Lyndsay, not Lindsey, and I have no idea who Gram is unless you meant Graham.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    NivyxNivyx Posts: 244 Member
    I guess I must be one of the “two people” asked for an island pack. I’ll take the blame for it, I’ve been asking and hoping for one since the game came out. I’m in university irl so I don’t care much for a university pack (wouldn’t wanna live through that in game too). I’d still be excited to get it when it comes out, but I’m ok with waiting for now.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    Sorry about that! I’m one of those two people who really wanted this over university. I will accept 50% of the blame.

LOL I must be the other half of that. I love he said two people , I laughed at that.

I'll take like, 80% because I kept insisting that the leaks could be fake :joy:

Well many of the leaks had the wrong name so they were right on the theme but wrong on the title and some of the features.

I don't really spend most of my time asking for specific packs (other than witches so I guess I can retire after the fall) -- I find value in every pack. Even the much maligned MFP is enjoyable -- I like that children can study the rodent and it counts as the daily homework; I'd love more interactive homework assignments like that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Tbh, I wanted this more than the University, and we're getting witches soon. So everything OK by me.

Same here!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    L0u wrote: »
    The paradise living pack is really cool. We already kind of knew it from the leaks the passed few days. The rumors were true :)

The other (big? Not sure how that was big) announcement they made was.. just a waist. Why this overdone dedication to pride stuff? It's getting annoying. I couldn't even understand half the words he was saying. Just not something that is very much needed.

The last few announcements kind of ruined the first one for me tbh. It was a bit disappointing. I expected something bigger. Uni, farming, cars, open world/sub-hoods, big changes in the core game etc.

Maybe you can try to understand that for some people those news where actually quite big. Personally I am very happy about the fact that my favourite childhood game is this inclusive of its gay players. Sadly this is not a given and a big company like EA making it a point to have it in their game is a step in the right direction. The execution is gonna be up for debate, because being gay isnt all rainbow colours and flower crowns, but we will see and i appreciate the effort. Seeing that you couldnt understand half of what they were saying means that educating people on this topic is still very much needed and as the sims is played by a wide range of people itll definitely do some good. Maybe ull find a way to incorporate it in your gameplay as well, because its definitely part of real life (:

Are you sure about that? That is my whole point. We have been bombed by this stuff.

Besides: Repeatedly giving the same packs or category updates are costing time and money which could have been spent for things that never got a chance in the first place.
    But it says it all in my first comment already. Maybe read it again ;)
  • Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    I hope I'm not coming across as mean but what rock have you been living under if you think only 2 people asked for an island pack? Most people I've heard on this forum and on social media, wanted an island pack, university and more occults and EA is set to at least deliver on 2/3. Heck it's even possible that we may get university this year since last year they released 2 EPs
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Well many of the leaks had the wrong name so they were right on the theme but wrong on the title and some of the features.
    To be fair, I came up with tons of joke ones in the Live Chat. There was “Get Sunburned”, “Get Soaked”, etc.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think you are being unfair, OP. I have little interest in Island Living, but to attack the developers and presenters is beyond the scope of reasonable criticism.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Your post seem very entitled. Wanna talk about it?

News flash, tons of people wanted it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I didn't specifically want Island Living, just like I don't specifically want Uni, only because I have my perfect trifecta, so all packs released now is "happy day!!!" for me. And, I'll be honest, the SP announced isn't up my alley, as in, I don't care much for the free stuff we got from that.. whatever the name is. But, I'm sure some people like it and I'm excited for the new career.

The difference is, I didn't watch 2 minutes of a presentation, not hear what I wanted to hear and took to the forums to throw a fit. I'd expressed my displeasure with EA plenty, just in Sims 4 lifespan alone. So I understand that, but you watch the whole thing before you jump to conclusions. And lots of people want things other than Uni, so there is a ton of, "We want _____!!!" coming at the guru's from left, right and center. So, which fans, specifically, should they listen to? The one that gives you the packs you want, but too bad for others? Seems selfish.

In the 4 years it took me to get my packs I felt where vital to my game play, I still was respectful and I never diminished another simmers wants. To be honest, I'm not even all for a magic pack. I'm not a major player of the Vampires, and to be honest, I wasn't over the moon when they released. But I knew a TON of people were, and I also have learned, in my forty plus years on this earth, that everything isn't always about me (much as I wish otherwise :D:D)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    The magic game pack involves magic - so most likely it is a witch and fairy-themed game pack, as both are very magic-related.

Id rather have witches and genies Tbh.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top