Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Incredibly disappointed with Maxis

shadownightfireshadownightfire Posts: 63 Member
I literary just stopped watching EA play at the announcement of Island Living. If you enjoy it more power to you, but to me it;'s the most idiotic expansion in the history of Maxis to release. I would have taken witches (which is also idiotic) over Island living. You realize we are only going to get only like two liveable lots to live on. It's so disheartening seeing how Maxis is so tone deaf to their fans who've been crying for university, witches, and other packs but introduces something that only two people asked for.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I'm also a bit bummed, it isn't what I wanted either, but this is a super popular theme. It has been requested by LOADS of people, almost as much as university/witches. It's not my first choice in pack, AT ALL, i usually hate vacation type packs, and especially tropical ones, but give it a chance first. I would have much preferred witches/magic, but I'll happily take mermaids, more curly hair and more meshes for cc xD

I'm sure that with the 64 bit upgrade, we may get more than meets the eye, so don't write off the world size just yet.
  • Options
    godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    A witches gamepack is coming in fall :#
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The magic game pack involves magic - so most likely it is a witch and fairy-themed game pack, as both are very magic-related.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    You didn't finish, but guess what? They also announced that the Game Pack is going to be called Realm of Magic. Sounds like witches to me.

Edit: I also seriously didn't want a tropical pack. That was until they showed us what's coming- Now I want it more than I want University!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's not really what I was hoping for next but I'm sure it will be great anyway and I'm still looking forward to it.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Well colored me actually excited for the Magic GP and the IP pack!!! I will most def get those two packs for sure!!!!
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’m honestly so happy about it. I really wanted this pack and can’t wait to preorder!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    If you would have kept watching.. the next GP coming is magical themed. They hinted with "Why don't you spell it out for them".

I knew it when he said "I'm sure we can conjure something"!

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Stopped watching after the first announcement - should have stuck around to hear about the other stuff.
    I'm looking forward to this island play , Uni or magic I have no real interest in, oh - I'll still get it if it comes along because iof thestuff that comes with it. It looks very colorful and fun , to me.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m pretty excited. We all aren’t going to want the same things. Just because you aren’t happy doesn’t mean a lot of simmers didn’t want this. It’s been a highly request pack for years. It looks incredible and very in depth plus the world looked large so...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited June 2019
    I literary just stopped watching EA play at the announcement of Island Living. If you enjoy it more power to you, but to me it;'s the most plum expansion in the history of Maxis to release. I would have taken witches (which is also plum) over Island living. You realize we are only going to get only like two liveable lots to live on. It's so disheartening seeing how Maxis is so tone deaf to their fans who've been crying for university, witches, and other packs but introduces something that only two people asked for.

You turned off too quickly we are getting a game pack in the Fall. I think they called it Realm of Magic. We are also getting a Moschino stuff pack with a fashion photographer career as well. There is a new type of supernatural in Island Living as well.

I expect universities will come later - when those 13 year olds they are aiming at in 2014 are old enough to go! o:)
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    What?!?? This new tropical EP coming out looks great and is most appropriate for release during the summer months!

They announced that a magic game pack will be coming out this fall - as it should for Halloween!

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I was already really excited with all the abilities coming with Island Living, they will be able to go in the water! That will be so much fun and dolphins! I mean its Dolphins!!! Then he had me at conjure! I knew then and all I heard was witches, I was too happy talking telling my hubby that I totally missed when LOL, but glad someone posted Fall which I kinda thought it would be. I really am impressed, they do listen , maybe not to all that everyone wants, but I think all of these and the things you can do in them sure show they try to. So many asked to not get Island if they could not go in the water, and we get to! Just think what more may be around the corner then if we got that! I am excited to find out. Hope all enjoys!
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Sorry about that! I’m one of those two people who really wanted this over university. I will accept 50% of the blame.

LOL I must be the other half of that. I love he said two people , I laughed at that.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Sorry about that! I’m one of those two people who really wanted this over university. I will accept 50% of the blame.

I guess I get the other 50%.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    The paradise living pack is really cool. We already kind of knew it from the leaks the passed few days. The rumors were true :)

The other (big? Not sure how that was big) announcement they made was.. just a waist. Why this overdone dedication to pride stuff? It's getting annoying. I couldn't even understand half the words he was saying. Just not something that is very much needed.

Then a magic pack. Well from the heart, good for the long waited fans. I am not a fan of it. I understand that this pack is needed for the magic and supernatural lovers, but I feel they should have given them all in one pack or EP when they released the first supernatural pack. I now feel the second pack stole a spot for something that was waiting for it's time to shine: uni. I mean, did we get a second parenthood or generation pack? Did we get a second animal/pets pack? No, and I am pretty sure these are ranked higher than another supernatural pack. EA should learn to deliver fleshed out packs to prevent additional waiting time of a year for a pack that is highly desired and needed.

The last few announcements kind of ruined the first one for me tbh. It was a bit disappointing. I expected something bigger. Uni, farming, cars, open world/sub-hoods, big changes in the core game etc.

I do appreciate that they have given away news that is only to release in autumn. This is something they could do more often ;)
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Awkward.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top