Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Images of Island Living and Pack Description

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,800 Member
    I do hope it isn't borked like the Sims3 version was. Totally glitchy place to play and live. Oi! I have to say, this looks good. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Isn't anyone going to talk about the fact that there are vehicles in this pack???

Sims be riding jet skis and boats. I thought none of this was even possible within TS4! Plus...I'm in love with the underwater sea life they were able to bring us. It just looks amazing. I have never been more exited for a TS4 pack.

And how are there soooo many different hairs? I've seen at least 7 different new hairstyles.

Are there more pics than the ones posted here?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Isn't anyone going to talk about the fact that there are vehicles in this pack???

Sims be riding jet skis and boats. I thought none of this was even possible within TS4!

Please, please have boating!!! Not FX boating, but real boating.

Island-Living-5.jpg

This is clearly not FX. Sims are controlling the jet ski and the boat. And look, that toddler found a seashell. There's got to be a new collection!

I just hope they haven't forgotten to add those palm trees to the trees in the buy/build catalogue.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Sims be riding jet skis and boats. I thought none of this was even possible within TS4! Plus...I'm in love with the underwater sea life they were able to bring us. It just looks amazing. I have never been more exited for a TS4 pack.

And how are there soooo many different hairs? I've seen at least 7 different new hairstyles.

CARS are not yet possible due to the fact that roads are just paint and not an actual routable area. In a new pack, cars and routable roads could all be added. Just not to old worlds.

In this pack, water can be all routable and they can add jet skis or sail boats.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

CARS are not yet possible due to the fact that roads are just paint and not an actual routable area. In a new pack, cars and routable roads could all be added. Just not to old worlds.

In this pack, water can be all routable and they can add jet skis or sail boats.

Hopefully they can change that. Like they tweaked worlds for Seasons.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I assume the lots should either be pretty big for jet skis and boats to be fun to drive/sail around with. Or maybe lots are even connected now? The sub-hood theory? Imagine that.. I hope that this is the LOTS of news they were excited to tell us about.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    LOUNGEEEEEEEEERS
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Sims be riding jet skis and boats. I thought none of this was even possible within TS4!

Please, please have boating!!! Not FX boating, but real boating.

Island-Living-5.jpg

This is clearly not FX. Sims are controlling the jet ski and the boat. And look, that toddler found a seashell. There's got to be a new collection!

I just hope they haven't forgotten to add those palm trees to the trees in the buy/build catalogue.

ooh, thanks! I missed the Sim on the boat at the right. lol I was too busy looking at the jet ski and the lounge chair. Do you know if Sims can do these things or diving etc. without being in one of the new careers? I barely saw two new careers pertaining to some of these activities.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,522 Member
    [quote

Island-Living-5.jpg

Is there a canoe like object besides the guy on the sailboat? Wouldn't need a paddle for a sailboat
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Mermaids? Check. Swimming and snorkeling? Check. The ability to learn about local culture? Check. Lifeguard career? Check. Tanning? Seems likely. Sand castle building? Check. Luaus? Well, we have a barbecue event, so maybe. The only big-big things I'm missing are surfing and surfing competitions.

It even has some stuff I didn't know I wanted, like canoes, floaters and jet skis. The part about conservation and environmentalism causing an impact over the island sounds especially awesome. Hopefully that's not flavor text, and we can actually create a visible change. Double-hope that we can also litter and totally ruin the island's ecosystem, too.

They could easily mess this up (like making mermaids NPC-only), but this pack is looking great so far. Many of my biggest wished look like they've been answered, there's a lot of content, and even the CAS items look great.

Dynamic world is definitely possible after StrangerVille.

What do you mean by that? Can you explain? I don't own Strangerville. How Dynamic is the world there?

In StrangerVille the world changes happen in chapters, so it's rather abrupt, but there's no reason it couldn't be done slower over a longer period.
    Slightly Strange
    There are some weird purple plants in the world, all in their closed, bud-like state. The sky is blue. The air is clear.

Moderately Strange
    The weird purple plants have grown taller and flowered. The sky is weird green/grey. There are some pink/purple spores floating in the air. Vines might appear in plumbing objects.

Very Strange
    The plants are bigger and harvestable. The sky is now purple with strange clouds over the crater and pink lightning strikes. The spores in the air are denser. There's a greenish tinge to the terrain.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Well EA Play has begun - even though we still got a 2,5 hour wait for TS4, but still, great opportunity to watch a bit of the Star Wars gameplay :D
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »
    Anyone else feel kinda bad that all this has been posted? Like we waited this long, we only had another ~24 hours to wait. I know the content was available on Origin and anyone could have gotten to it if they knew where to look but the team must have been so excited to share it all tomorrow and someone has kinda ruined that. I know we'll all still be tuning into the stream and sharing the excitement and there will probably be more to share but things like dolphins and jet-skis I was not expecting and would have been a massive surprise tomorrow when watching!

To be honest, the leaks didn't spoil it for me at all! I'm actually excited about it now and I'll be watching the EA Play event tomorrow for TS4!

Yeah, me too. I want to know more now. I want to watch the trailer. 4 or 5 pictures aren't enough anymore :)

If not, these leaks are making me even more hyped than I was before! I didn't even know that was possible! HAHA
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    The first four pics are amazing. Been wanting lounge chairs and feeding a dolphin...awesome, but the mermaid...uggh so dumb

If you don't like them that's fine but please be happy for the others who did want them.
  • Options
    I assume the lots should either be pretty big for jet skis and boats to be fun to drive/sail around with. Or maybe lots are even connected now? The sub-hood theory? Imagine that.. I hope that this is the LOTS of news they were excited to tell us about.

I'd say you can use them in the open water in the common world areas. Lots are all probably on land.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I do hope it isn't borked like the Sims3 version was. Totally glitchy place to play and live. Oi! I have to say, this looks good. :)

It was those uncharted islands that glitched it up in 3. I'm hoping we'll have some secret locations in this pack, but not like that, more like the ones we already have.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    This all looks so awesome! I can't wait to hear more from EA Play, and hopefully we get a trailer soon. The dolphin looks so cute and I really hope there are a lot of interactions with it. Also hoping for sharks and that sea turtle to be something we can interact with. People keep saying there's no hotels, and while maybe that's true, this isn't all the information about the pack; it's just a leak, which wouldn't have everything mentioned. So I'm still cautiously hopeful. Even if they don't have hotels, maybe they'll have a neighborhood dedicated to rental lots? And one dedicated to residential lots? That could be a nice compromise. But everything looks so cool, and it seems like we're getting a lot of activities, so I'll be happy either way.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2019

Yes, the Isla Paradiso world was problematic, but it's fixable. If you're too lazy or too intimidated about fixing it, you can just download a fixed version or download other tropical worlds (free!) similar to Isla Paradiso that includes all the features, or you can add those features to other worlds you prefer. The IP features themselves work just fine.

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »

Are there more pics than the ones posted here?

Nope. That's what I was hoping for this morning. It's only about an hour and a half until the EA Play livestream so...they built the hype for a day over five pics (and a short description).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    xFy3erY.png

e9V2cCv.png

buNgoA2.png

AdeZX6i.png

this honestly made me so excited. Can't handle it lol :#

I'm excited. I told my friend this morning and she said 'I want mermaids and spiral staircases'. LOL!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member

OMG, I didn't notice that. Hopefully we can build them over the water too, that would be awesome!
  • Options
    lexus20 wrote: »

OMG, I didn't notice that. Hopefully we can build them over the water too, that would be awesome!

I didn't even notice that! So cool!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DragonGirl643DragonGirl643 Posts: 90 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »

Yes! Even in the TS3 base game, you could make a house have a stilted foundation partly in the water. Here’s hoping, right? 🤞
    why are my sims games so weird?
  • Options
    friedfrootfriedfroot Posts: 7 New Member
    OMG. I'm so thrilled about this! I was really hoping for University, but this can do! x
  • Options
    friedfrootfriedfroot Posts: 7 New Member
    > @PlanetSixam said:
    > Everything does look really cool (especially mermaids!) but I'm probably most excited about the new world that comes with the pack, I feel like there aren't enough worlds for the Sims 4.
    >
    > Fingers crossed that it's a good size and that there's lots of pre-made Townies with cool backstories. :smiley:

I would LOVE more pre-made townies.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Hmm! Cautiously excited! I was wondering why sunburns/tans didn't come with Seasons - now I know why!