Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Images of Island Living and Pack Description

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Zussage wrote: »
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    They finally figured out lounge chairs. I'm excited for this one. I was kinda hoping it would be a vacation island but it's fine I'll make it work.

Can we take a moment to stop and appreciate how many people will buy this EP for the lounge chairs alone?

I have a feeling the lounge chair is tied to tanning/sunbathing.

*has a sinking feeling you're right*. . . . . .
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    They finally figured out lounge chairs. I'm excited for this one. I was kinda hoping it would be a vacation island but it's fine I'll make it work.

Can we take a moment to stop and appreciate how many people will buy this EP for the lounge chairs alone?

There will be a riot if one isn't patched into BG. I think there will be at least one though.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I don't know if anyone else has found this site but it has some pictures of the new Island living EP.
    I just typed in sims 4 island paradise and it brought up some links with one in a box and two links in it.
    I copied the web address so I hope it works for everyone if they are interested.
    It is:- https://www.thesouthafrican.com/tech/gaming/leaked-sims-4-screengrabs-of-island-living-revealed-photos/
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Wow, this pack looks great! I'm so happy for TS4 simmers finally getting an EP that looks like it has so much stuff in it!!!

I mean did you see??? I saw:
    • WATER TRANSPORTATION!
    • BUILDING SANDCASTLES!
    • SUNTANNING!
    • LOUNGE CHAIRS!
    • FLOATING LOUNGE CHAIRS!
    • NEVER BEFORE SEEN SEA-LIFE: DOLPHINS!
    • RESORT/HOTEL! (well, it looks like it to me - not sure though)
    • SCUBA DIVING!
    • MERMAIDS!
    • SOUVINIR STORE!

I'm wondering now what career it will have? But really, I'm just so happy that the devs put so much in this pack! It makes me have a little more faith in them! If they do a great job on this one, then they might do a great job on the Uni pack and Supernatural pack as well! And then ultimately TS5 too!!!!

life saver maybe? diving or surfing instructor? or maybe some sort of scientific one? hmmm

Maybe a career as a marine biologist?

The pack looks wonderful. I can’t wait to get it.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    All those images have been shared already.
    mock68 wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else has found this site but it has some pictures of the new Island living EP.
    I just typed in sims 4 island paradise and it brought up some links with one in a box and two links in it.
    I copied the web address so I hope it works for everyone if they are interested.
    It is:- https://www.thesouthafrican.com/tech/gaming/leaked-sims-4-screengrabs-of-island-living-revealed-photos/

ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Considering there's boats, will cars come in a patch?

One can only dream!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options

One of the pictures has a guy sitting on one whilst not sunbathing!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Maybe but you can sit sideways and talk on it at least so maybe not.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    I want my dogs to be able to swim too.

Yes! I have neighbors in my Sims 3 old save, they weren't friends, hardly ever spoke to each other. But one sim got a pool, and the neighbor's dog would go over and swim in the pool every day during the summer on it's own, without me directing it. I loved that! Well I should say, I'd love it if dogs could swim in the ocean, if we do get unlocked oceans.

Pools are fun ('cause they can do that already), but oceans are more fun. Oooo, and I hope sims can take dogs and cats on those boats as well.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Possibly. Just when I saw the pictures the 2 people sitting on them looked really stiff with their arms down by their sides so it didn’t look like they were doing or could do anything else BUT just... lay there? Lol idk
  • Options

Possibly. Just when I saw the pictures the 2 people sitting on them looked really stiff with their arms down by their sides so it didn’t look like they were doing or could do anything else BUT just... lay there? Lol idk

No, there's a third guy who's just sitting sideways on one, talking to a person sunbathing.
  • Options
    I'm hoping there will be sunbathing on towels. I mean we've had that since Sims 2. But then again, we also had liberated babies. lol Here's to hoping for a trailer tomorrow!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    I'm hoping there will be sunbathing on towels. I mean we've had that since Sims 2. But then again, we also had liberated babies. lol Here's to hoping for a trailer tomorrow!

Sims 2 spoiled us.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited June 2019
    They added boats, but not cars 😂😭😭😭😭

Regardless, looking amazing.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2019
    filipomel wrote: »
    They added boats, but not cars

Real boat or that fake boat they included in Cats & Dogs where you just teleport?

I think I saw someone on a jet ski though.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    This pack is looking pretty awesome. What a way for my sims to start their summer.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member

Well, since they would have to patch in actual roads... :D
    Makes sense that they could have the water transport first because it would be easier to implement it from the get-go in this world. I wouldn't expect water to be recoded in other worlds though.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    They added boats, but not cars

Real boat or that fake boat they included in Cats & Dogs where you just teleport?

I think I saw someone on s jet ski though.

There’s screens and renders of sims actually using boats, which is awesome, did not expect that at all, but I assume their functionality will be exclusive to the new world.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    honestly to me this post does not exist until ea play.

also i think it should be banned
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »

Well, since they would have to patch in actual roads... :D
    Makes sense that they could have the water transport first because it would be easier to implement it from the get-go in this world. I wouldn't expect water to be recoded in other worlds though.

I think they said something about this new world being the only one where you could swim in the ocean.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

SimGuruGrant's nose should have been getting longer and longer. He said something like they were too difficult and he knew they were coming in this pack!
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    i think its legit i just do not think its legit for them to be talking about it. i think they are at risk of getting sued if i was ea i would sue them.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I hope there is some way to make vacation homes and/or hotels. When I hear 'island getaway' I think of a resort hotel, beach side cabana or little beach house. Just hope this pack comes with many new lots to build on
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really like this one. It reminds me of Flipper!
    AdeZX6i.png
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    So...you can meet a mermaid, but you can't be a mermaid...?

The mermaid has a plumbob.

The mermaid's plumbob is ordinary plumbob and not a special design like for vampires and aliens :neutral: this makes me question things.

the vampire one has an ordinary plumbob as well in this render art
    71bnJAyB9mL.jpg