Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with Magnolia Promenade?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I made it a performing and fine arts school once with buildings for dancing, acting, and singing.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Great ideas I will be redoing my Magnolia Promenade soon
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    I forget it is there because it looks so bland from the world view that I have passed it by for the longest.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I cleared the shops and I'm going to use it as the setting for a legacy challenge.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I edited it so that they’re all community lots, hoping it would make me visit more often, but that never worked.
    I honestly forget about its existence most of the time.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    It's where my police station and my prison is.
  • Options
    SimplyRedSimplyRed Posts: 41 Member
    I deleted everything but the largest retail lot and added restaurants and a karaoke spot.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I have a retail mall, a sea food restaurant, a cafe, and an indoor ice rink park. I like MP and go there sometimes.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I forget its there 100% of the time I play sims 4.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I made it into my campus: combined library/cafeteria, girls dorm, boys dorm and a basketball field.

At the moment it is once again residential, because I needed a large lot for a house that I downloaded. It's actually not a bad place to live, with a fishing spot, playground and large park nearby. Something for a small community, maybe a rich main family (that also owns the steamboat moored there) surrounded by their retainers' families.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Absolutely nothing - I keep telling myself I'm going to make it a shopping, restaurant mall, but I haven't yet. Not enough lots, wish they could do a patch and add a lot more.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Spa, restaurant, the national park from Romantic Garden stuff, and usually a second restaurant.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    For the longest time, like Newcrest, I had no idea what to do with this area. It wasn't until I saw a thread here several months ago about Magnolia Promenade, that I got an inspiration to do something with it.

I have a graveyard at the little lot that is right next to the park area (the one that is part of the world and can't be changed). It was supposed to be temporary until I could decide on a more permanent lot in Willow Creek but as it is, it's become permanent resting place for my departed Sims, at least for now.

Right next to it, on the largest lot is the mall structure I downloaded from the Gallery, that is defunkt at the moment until I have found the right household to buy it and make it a functional retail lot. Right across it, on the lot next to the ocean (or river?) I put a 4 storey flat building (also from the gallery) that stands empty at the moment. Am thinking of exchanging it for a restaurant as I don't really need more residential lots. Right next to it, right across the graveyard is the cinema/café (gallery again) where I have my two movie buff clubs meet and any Sim that wants to go see a movie outside of their home, has a place to go.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I have one lot that is a 3 in 1, forgot who made it, but its Starbucks, a gym and an arcade all in one. I also have a baby store where my sims who are expecting can shop, I have a bridal boutique for my sims who are getting married and lastly I have just a clothing shop where everyone can shop.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    It is my go to place for retail. My main sim has a little bookshop there. Sometimes I add a restaurant or cinema.