Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with Magnolia Promenade?

A question was asked earlier re Newcrest what do you do/ did with it
My question is what about Magnolia Promenade, I find I never use that world, what have you done with it?
Do you keep it retail? residential?
I find that world small and pretty much useless the way it is. Ideas for it would be great.
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I ignore it mostly. I've never played running a retail store and I also don't really have my sims visit them either.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don’t care to run a business so I ignore the retail lots. I kept the Chez Llama restaurant. I added a retro bowling alley that is a teen hangout. I added a spa, I think, but I never go there since they have spa stuff at home. It’s a cute world. I could see myself turning it residential if I was so inspired.
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    I forget about it.. :| But I have two retail stores, a restaurant and something I’ve forgot :D
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I put in a spa, a restaurant, a cafe, and.... a club hangout I think? But honestly I never even go there. I might just demo them all and build some homes.
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I turned the whole strip into various restaurants, from a cruise ship dining to a fast food joint. It's "restaurant street". I play there all the time because it's basically the date location.
  • Options
    Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    I put Restaurants, Arcades and Spas there usually. I don’t use retail lots in my saves.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Updated the 3 lots there (furniture store has unlockable furniture, paddywacks has collectibles). I forget to open it a lot
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have a kids indoor play centre there next to the park area - great for when the weather is bad. Then I have a family bowling place, with play area for tots. Also a cafe and a gardening centre. I take my sims to MP quite a lot really.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited May 2019
    Chez Llama is on one of the lots. I also built a sushi restaurant in it, as well as a full fitness spa there. I also rebuilt the little shopping center there which includes a clothing store and a kitchenwares store. I use it quite frequently actually.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    @elanorbreton, that sounds like a good idea. I have been thinking of creating a community centre for skilling. Those sims who have limited budgets or small space, could still practice gardening, flower making and other skills that take up room. Indoor play for tots and kids would fit in well.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Add random lots. Stores, restaurants, vets office; just whatever I feel like adding for that save.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Add random lots. Stores, restaurants, vets office; just whatever I feel like adding for that save.

^This~ could have not said it better!~

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I made it a residential neighborhood. With 42 base families, I need all the living space I can get.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    Residential; I have four industrial/warehouse buildings that I've turned into single units and everyone that lives in that area is an artist.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I don't use it much, but I've kept it retail and added a roller skating rink to the empty lot.
  • Options
    gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    i usually never use it honestly, i do sometimes if i want my sim to run a retail store though!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've used it for retail in the past. When it first came out, I made a rather large art gallery/bakery I called Artsy Tartsy. A few families have lived there too, but what I use it for the most is the fishing pier. I send my Sims there all the time. It's a beautiful fishing spot with rare fish and a reliable chance to get Dragonfruit, Cowberries, and Voodoo Dolls in the mystery boxes. <3
  • Options
    WonderAisWonderAis Posts: 102 Member
    I don't play with retail at all, so I usually put a restaurant, a spa, a kids playcentre/park, and a bowling alley, or bar there.
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I have one retail shop, a nightclub, and live-work loft homes
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I put the Sunny Side Up diner on the empty lot and then utilize the three retail lots as desired for whatever save I have going.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I still have it as it came and very rarely go shopping.
  • Options
    SweaterKatSweaterKat Posts: 36 Member
    I haven't ever done anything with it until I started my random legacy challenge and my founder rolled to be a restaurateur. FYI it is very hard to get a restaurant started first thing in a game where you cant do anything else to make money lol. Currently it is an outside venue with the bare minimum and she lives in just a tent...
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I turned it into a retirement community. My elders live there in private bungalows, and there is a central Community Center where they have a gym, pool, restaurant, and game room (built as a restaurant.)
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I use it for a teen hangout. I have an arcade/cafe, bowling alley/restaurant, basketball court/park, and a teen clothing store. All the lots have the Teen Hangout lot trait.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    i have a bridal boutique, clothing store, restaurant, and flower shop. All owned and operated by my sim family.