Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ea silence on Supernaturual players?

I making this thread.Because I'm partly frustrated with a lack of alternate life stages in sims 4.I love vampires, but we have been lacking so much. Where are the fairies, plant sims, witches, sim bots

Comments

• Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Same place the pool slides, L-shaped stairs, nectar making stuff, and fire fighters are 😉
  • Options
    gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    we need witches!! i think a modder made a custom content witch pack though, in case you don't want to wait until EA makes it.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I'm tired of mods. :p
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I agree. We need more playable Occults, not just temporary buff states. Look at how much people love Vampires, yet it seems like Supernatural players keep drawing the short straw. It's great that we got things like StrangerVille, but all Occult gameplay isn't equal, and honestly, I still haven't even finished the story because what I really want is some more interesting Sims to create, like Spellcasters, Werebeasts, Fae and Elves, Mythical Creatures, more monsters, and a Ghost overhaul so that they are more than just transparent Sims.

Although I like getting new ideas and new twists on old content, I feel like all of the "new" keeps getting priority over things that players really, really want. It's hard not to get discouraged from playing when the game is approaching it's fifth year and all Occult players can create in CAS are Aliens and Vampires.

Add to this that there is still no trace of actual Fear anywhere in the game, which is just bizarre and contributes to a redundancy of dull, incomplete Sim personalities that are too easily and automatically content and cheerful and flawless.

I really want to enjoy the game, but I'm so tired of the Mary Sue, bad fanfic Sims. Every pack would mean more and have more value if these Sims felt more complete, and if there were more Life State choices to play.

I hope some good things are coming for us this year because I keep seeing people make threads asking how to make the game interesting, and this should definitely not be happening when the game is over four and a half years old.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Yes! We need more occults!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I agree. We need more playable Occults, not just temporary buff states. Look at how much people love Vampires, yet it seems like Supernatural players keep drawing the short straw. It's great that we got things like StrangerVille, but all Occult gameplay isn't equal, and honestly, I still haven't even finished the story because what I really want is some more interesting Sims to create, like Spellcasters, Werebeasts, Fae and Elves, Mythical Creatures, more monsters, and a Ghost overhaul so that they are more than just transparent Sims.

Although I like getting new ideas and new twists on old content, I feel like all of the "new" keeps getting priority over things that players really, really want. It's hard not to get discouraged from playing when the game is approaching it's fifth year and all Occult players can create in CAS are Aliens and Vampires.

Add to this that there is still no trace of actual Fear anywhere in the game, which is just bizarre and contributes to a redundancy of dull, incomplete Sim personalities that are too easily and automatically content and cheerful and flawless.

I really want to enjoy the game, but I'm so tired of the Mary Sue, bad fanfic Sims. Every pack would mean more and have more value if these Sims felt more complete, and if there were more Life State choices to play.

I hope some good things are coming for us this year because I keep seeing people make threads asking how to make the game interesting, and this should definitely not be happening when the game is over four and a half years old.

After almost 5 years when do we start concluding these things are probably not happening? As much as i’d love to see it, it’s not happening. This game can get very uninteresting and that’s what it was designed to do.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

After almost 5 years when do we start concluding these things are probably not happening? As much as i’d love to see it, it’s not happening. This game can get very uninteresting and that’s what it was designed to do.

Well, I can tell you that right around the time Get Famous was announced, I lost momentum and stopped paying full price for this game, lol.

Until the Sim personalities are sufficiently improved, I just can't put full support into Sims 4 anymore. I'm tired of waiting through superficial add-ons. It's time to find a way to fix what's important.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Well, I can tell you that right around the time Get Famous was announced, I lost momentum and stopped paying full price for this game, lol.

Until the Sim personalities are sufficiently improved, I just can't put full support into Sims 4 anymore. I'm tired of waiting through superficial add-ons. It's time to find a way to fix what's important.

Absolutely agree. Improving personalities would go miles for making live mode more enjoyable for me, but after all this time I just don’t see it happening. I don’t know if the way they designed the game years ago has made improvements to this area unfeasible or if they just don’t see any issue with the Sims in their current state.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Truth.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I can surely say I won't buy a supernatural pack; witches are of no interest to me at all, nor are fairies. Simbots on the other hand... Though PLEASE let it be Servos, not the junkbots from the last game.

And NO stupid "shocked reaction".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I can surely say I won't buy a supernatural pack; witches are of no interest to me at all, nor are fairies. Simbots on the other hand... Though PLEASE let it be Servos, not the junkbots from the last game.

I love sim bits from into the future.I kinda want then to return.In futuristic game pack.Wherr sims can go to a future city.That we can built or create bots in create of sim.I want the option to make kid bots
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I personality would love for them to introduce more occults and have them flushed out like Vampires...if it ever were to happen, I would actually praise them because Vampires IMO are something they actually done FANTASTIC with and am very pleased with (along with Parenthood and Toddlers..) But....I am not holding my breath...
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    Witches and other Supernaturals and all the bots (love the Sentry Bot from Sims 2 especially - but all these are VERY Important to me in Sims games. Definitely want the Witches to have the Vampire Treatment - seeing Vamps in Sims 4 are the best of all the Sims games - I would love that packed features for my Witches - I have games saved just waiting to get my Supernaturals - as it really is not the Sims with all these characters missing...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    It kind of blows having to make vampires and just *pretend* they're my werewolves from 3, here's hoping we get some occult life-states soon!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Witches and other Supernaturals and all the bots (love the Sentry Bot from Sims 2 especially - but all these are VERY Important to me in Sims games. Definitely want the Witches to have the Vampire Treatment - seeing Vamps in Sims 4 are the best of all the Sims games - I would love that packed features for my Witches - I have games saved just waiting to get my Supernaturals - as it really is not the Sims with all these characters missing...
    Speaking of Sims 2 bots, I would love to see MunchieBots back. These were so freaking cute. I never even had a need for them, I just kept them around like pets.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I share your pain. I'm a big supernatural fan and I really hope we get more occults, particularly werewolves but also witches, fairies and maybe even mermaids. My vampire really needs some friends/rivals.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited May 2019
    Simbots on the other hand... Though PLEASE let it be Servos, not the junkbots from the last game.

Agreed. I miss Servos so much.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

Oh my God - THIS! THIS!

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019

I‘m the complete opposite - I would die to buy a Supernatural expansion.

I hope we get a Supernatural expansion because otherwise they‘d have to make a game pack for every occult like witches, mermaids, fairies, werewolves. This would take away potential other themes.

I do agree with the Servos, they should bring them back along with the trait chip system from Into The Future.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member

Absolutely agree. Improving personalities would go miles for making live mode more enjoyable for me, but after all this time I just don’t see it happening. I don’t know if the way they designed the game years ago has made improvements to this area unfeasible or if they just don’t see any issue with the Sims in their current state.

Agree with your agreement! While occult states might help, what's the point of having them if their personalities are the same pablum the regular sims have? The much older TS2 did it much better with sims that actually differed in how they behaved, whether with other sims or towards the player when told to do something according to their personalities. They even gave you feedback on new stuff you put into their houses or any appearance changes you made. The TS1 sims were better in this department than the current ones are. Perhaps it is a blend, the elites at EA deciding to give us mindless sims from the get go, so the engine was made accordingly. That T rating may well be aimed at the younger and/or less mature and thinking end of the group, rather than the ones who function at a rational and creative level. Am tempted to think it means 'toddler', but doubt toddlers are capable of using computers. Or can they?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Agree with your agreement! While occult states might help, what's the point of having them if their personalities are the same pablum the regular sims have? The much older TS2 did it much better with sims that actually differed in how they behaved, whether with other sims or towards the player when told to do something according to their personalities. They even gave you feedback on new stuff you put into their houses or any appearance changes you made. The TS1 sims were better in this department than the current ones are. Perhaps it is a blend, the elites at EA deciding to give us mindless sims from the get go, so the engine was made accordingly. That T rating may well be aimed at the younger and/or less mature and thinking end of the group, rather than the ones who function at a rational and creative level. Am tempted to think it means 'toddler', but doubt toddlers are capable of using computers. Or can they?

Well they do have an app pad for toddlers. Who knows? LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Im not a supernatural kinda player but I recognize that this era has been the weakest when it comes to supernatural.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I love all things supernatural and unrealistic in my game, but I do feel like it's been glossed over in favour of other things.

Vampires is my favourite game pack and I've spent so many hours playing it, they did such a great job with the pack but it does quickly get repetitive. With the Sims 3, I never really got bored of Supernatural because I could just explore different life states whenever I wanted, and it's a similar thing with Into The Future. I'd go back to them, but the Sims 3 runs like garbage on my PC lol.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2019
    I hope they also give update to a vampire, currently it bothered me that everyone automatically know that one is a vampire after they met one, and they dont feel threatened by them, the moodlet in sims 3 is if you know someone is a vampire and you dont befriend with them you get hunted moodlet, and in sims 4, sims cant tell if somebody is an alien until he/she witness them using their power which give a status of known alien to a human sim, why didnt they add this to a vampire?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member

They fell short on the occult sims. I'm not saying I want John Constantine, Doctor Strange, The hot hunters Dean and Sam Winchester from Supernatural the cute Holloway sisters in Charmed etc but witches, warlocks (a witch is any gender a warlock is an evil traitor), demons, jinn, elves, werewolves zombies etc without the use of mods and without breaking the game. I want more from the aliens. They gave us aliens with "Get To work" but no homeworld to live on or build up or alien wardrobe or alien build/buy items.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]