Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ea silence on Supernaturual players?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Or was it in the long term plan all along? If supernaturals/magic was a popular (profitable) thing in earlier versions, they would see its late introduction as a means to boost activity/sales as the series winds down.

It's possible that some of the effects that they wanted in RoM weren't possible for 32-bit, just like many of the ocean activities in IL might have required 64-bit. We'll have to see how detailed the magic is come the fall, but it could have been the limitations of 32-bit that delayed the arrival.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    edited June 2019
    Now the title needs to be changed to "EA really listens to Supernatural players!" not only did you guys get the first story pack ever supernatural themed your getting mermaids, witches (possibly something else as well?) already have vampires, aliens, ghost with skeletons, gnomes, living scarecrows, monsters under the bed just about every pack has tossed in a little supernatural so that your worlds are supernatural even beyond life states.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,220 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Now the title needs to be changed to "EA really listens to Supernatural players!" not only did you guys get the first story pack ever supernatural themed your getting mermaids, witches (possibly something else as well?) already have vampires, aliens, ghost with skeletons, gnomes, living scarecrows, monsters under the bed just about every pack has tossed in a little supernatural so that your worlds are supernatural even beyond life states.

I'm not sure you meant this, but you kinda sound bitter
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

All these flavors... and you choose to be salty.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,220 Member

It's not like I'm not grateful. Im glad we're getting mermaids, and a magic game pack.What I meant by the supernatural.I meant by playable occult states.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

It's not like I'm not grateful. Im glad we're getting mermaids, and a magic game pack.What I meant by the supernatural.I meant by playable occult states.

Exactly! We hadn't gotten any for 2.5 years. That's way too long.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited June 2019
    Magic seems to be always the last or nearly last of the packs. It could be because of the impact it makes throughout all the packs (like Seasons) and involves a lot more work to get it right.
    We have elementals coming in Island living and they could be a kind of genie that we had in Sims 2.
    It looks like Maxis are adding supernaturals one by one, making it easier for them so I can see more of a Makin' Magic + Sixam vibe to the new pack where you escape to it somehow.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Well this seems to be the year for occult sims; but also seems to be the year of making changes to the programming (most of us already have 64 bit, but not everyone did), so maybe they were waiting for those big changes first.

I had no doubt we would get it eventually, just didn't know when.