Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thanks for nothing in the patch

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It listed a few bugs that I’ve experienced. So that’s cool. I would have thought more prominent bugs would be addressed before they abandon the 32bit version of the game. Still a little bit of time before that, so maybe, but I’m not holding my breath. No telling if we will get another patch before then.
    It listed a few bugs that I’ve experienced. So that’s cool. I would have thought more prominent bugs would be addressed before they abandon the 32bit version of the game. Still a little bit of time before that, so maybe, but I’m not holding my breath. No telling if we will get another patch before then.

I'm fairly certain we'll have another patch in May, possibly right before the end of the month (Memorial Day holiday in the US). Could even have one in early June right before Legacy Edition drops, then a second patch later in the month for the 64-bit players if we're getting patch in June.

I got both the celebrity walk bug and the quit the spotlight bug fixes so I'm pretty happy with those -- currently have one celebrity doing the Branding perk track to see if that got fixed. (Sometimes there will be bug fixes that don't necessarily make it to the patch notes, especially if they're small fixes). So I'm pretty happy as I was able to get rid of two mods. Still playing through to see if some of my other bugs got fixed -- have one where festivals don't spawn if they're outside your home neighborhood (so if you live in the Spice District you get the Flea Market and Spice Festival but none of the others, or if you live in the 'burbs you don't get any) so I have to wait for a festival to pop up to test that out.

Still getting the issue of Sims popping up in weird outfits at festivals (then not changing out of them post-festival) so hope that one's getting worked on. It's not a gamebreaker but it's just pesky.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    The Sims 2 had a number of game breaking bugs that weren't fixed. And some of the "annoying but not game breaking" bugs are present in games like Life Stories and Pet Stories. Things like Restaurants being broken (they only worked on Dates), Sims teleporting (known as the jump bug), objects getting stuck and becoming unusable until you re-buy them, NPC's incorrectly dying due to things like Fire, Electrocution etc. which then caused a bug that meant you could never access that save again, the game would crash as soon as the Grim Reaper appeared and trying to reload the household caused it to crash as soon as the loading screen finished.

And of course, the game has lighting and shadow issues (this also is a bug that occurs on Windows Vista upwards, but EA never fixed it).

When Aspyr re-released the Sims 2 with "tons of bug fixes" for Mac it literally saved my love for The Sims 2. Because the complete Windows version is super buggy. The games usually start fine, but eventually you're hit with lag that doesn't go away, and the memories in Sims 2 eventually clog up your game and make your saves unplayable due to an issue with how TS2 saves them. And it's so easy for the game to corrupt itself even with no involvement from the player. My game became corrupted when the Grim Reaper wouldn't leave my lot and so I couldn't enter Build/Buy or save etc. But when I would load up my game, and a Sim was just about to die so there was nothing I could do. And this happened more than once.

The Mac version however, is almost bug free. Of course it wasn't EA who fixed the bugs.

The same year Aspyr put the Sims 2 Complete Collection up with a ton of bug fixes, EA announced it was taking down the Sims 2 because of the fact the game was too broken to be sold without some serious bug fixing for Windows Vista onwards.

EA still sell SimCity 4 despite it being older, but they won't sell TS1/TS2 because it would require updating the games to work "out of box".

Literally so lazy.

I literally played TS2 since launch until TS3 came out, I got all the packs as the years went along too and I genuinely do not remember encountering any game breaking bugs. I do remember TS3 and its problems because I raged quit that game a lot, but not TS1 or TS2. So I don't know, maybe I was just lucky. Every person has different experiences, I guess.

I'm not saying the sims team doesn't want to fix the bugs TS4 has, but it has so freaking many that by the time they do fix some of them, new ones have already pilled up. With the game on this state we should be getting bug fixes every few weeks but we're not. There's a bunch of mods for a bunch of these bugs, are you telling me that the team who created this game can't fix those things and modders can? They need to give priority to that otherwise it will come to a point where this game will just be unplayable for many people.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    The Sims 2 had a number of game breaking bugs that weren't fixed. And some of the "annoying but not game breaking" bugs are present in games like Life Stories and Pet Stories. Things like Restaurants being broken (they only worked on Dates), Sims teleporting (known as the jump bug), objects getting stuck and becoming unusable until you re-buy them, NPC's incorrectly dying due to things like Fire, Electrocution etc. which then caused a bug that meant you could never access that save again, the game would crash as soon as the Grim Reaper appeared and trying to reload the household caused it to crash as soon as the loading screen finished.

And of course, the game has lighting and shadow issues (this also is a bug that occurs on Windows Vista upwards, but EA never fixed it).

When Aspyr re-released the Sims 2 with "tons of bug fixes" for Mac it literally saved my love for The Sims 2. Because the complete Windows version is super buggy. The games usually start fine, but eventually you're hit with lag that doesn't go away, and the memories in Sims 2 eventually clog up your game and make your saves unplayable due to an issue with how TS2 saves them. And it's so easy for the game to corrupt itself even with no involvement from the player. My game became corrupted when the Grim Reaper wouldn't leave my lot and so I couldn't enter Build/Buy or save etc. But when I would load up my game, and a Sim was just about to die so there was nothing I could do. And this happened more than once.

The Mac version however, is almost bug free. Of course it wasn't EA who fixed the bugs.

The same year Aspyr put the Sims 2 Complete Collection up with a ton of bug fixes, EA announced it was taking down the Sims 2 because of the fact the game was too broken to be sold without some serious bug fixing for Windows Vista onwards.

EA still sell SimCity 4 despite it being older, but they won't sell TS1/TS2 because it would require updating the games to work "out of box".

Literally so lazy.

I literally played TS2 since launch until TS3 came out, I got all the packs as the years went along too and I genuinely do not remember encountering any game breaking bugs. I do remember TS3 and its problems because I raged quit that game a lot, but not TS1 or TS2. So I don't know, maybe I was just lucky. Every person has different experiences, I guess.

I'm not saying the sims team doesn't want to fix the bugs TS4 has, but it has so freaking many that by the time they do fix some of them, new ones have already pilled up. With the game on this state we should be getting bug fixes every few weeks but we're not. There's a bunch of mods for a bunch of these bugs, are you telling me that the team who created this game can't fix those things and modders can? They need to give priority to that otherwise it will come to a point where this game will just be unplayable for many people.

Actually the ones that created the game does not fix it - that is another team ( of actual game technicians) that fixes game issues - the HQ team.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Literally so lazy.

Trust me, I've encountered the game breaking bugs and the pregnancy one I mentioned is a game breaking bug. The game doesn't know how to deal with the incorrect father and eventually turns the neighborhood into a corrupted mess that will crash the game when you try to open it.

Sims 2 is odd with corruption however in that 2 players could trigger the corruption causing bug at the same time and one player go 10 years of playing the neighborhood daily for 2 hours each day and not have any major issues, but the other player only go 2 months of sporadically playing before ending up with major problems that cause the neighborhood to be unplayable that stem back to the bug.

It's why it was so hard back in the day to convince people that doing the things that corrupt the neighborhood/game are bad. Because some people had done it a lot and never experienced any issues due to it. Just due to the nature of how the corruption caused by the bug spreads.

This corruption is why I think we no longer have such a detailed memory system. As the memories are what spread the corruption in most cases in Sims 2 and that spread would lead to the neighborhood breaking.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Yes The Sims 2 wasn't perfect I had to download plenty of mods for it. However it is a lot less frustrating to play, it is easier to feed them, if I cancel an action they stop and I can put a toddler in the high chair.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    I have a half-dozen bug reports in with EA, none of them were addresses in this patch.

The only thing they fixed that I've seen was only a minor annoyance. In the acting career, when you get into hair and makeup and the girl messes up, you got out of the chair. You had to click on the chair and do it all over again. Now, you stay in the chair until she gets it right.

I'd GLADLY sacrifice that minor annoyance fix if they addressed the horrible Gardening bugs, chilled/overheating when indoors with AC bug, lovelorn bug, beekeeping bugs, sprinkler bug... etc etc.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    I have a half-dozen bug reports in with EA, none of them were addresses in this patch.

The only thing they fixed that I've seen was only a minor annoyance. In the acting career, when you get into hair and makeup and the girl messes up, you got out of the chair. You had to click on the chair and do it all over again. Now, you stay in the chair until she gets it right.

I'd GLADLY sacrifice that minor annoyance fix if they addressed the horrible Gardening bugs, chilled/overheating when indoors with AC bug, lovelorn bug, beekeeping bugs, sprinkler bug... etc etc.

Have you joined in any discussions on the EA Answers HQ with details of your set up and what not? The more people go over there and add to the discussion (me toos work only to show number affected, doesn't really help EA figure out what's causing the problem), the more likely EA is to find the cause and fix the cause.

Different bugs are easier to fix than others. Are they supposed to let the minor annoyances remain while they try to tackle major bugs that they just aren't having any luck finding and/or fixing?

They could be trying fixes and finding the fixes either don't work, make it worse, or break something else just as bad.

Yes, they could be a little more vocal in acknowledging bugs but I'm not going to hold my breath. They never acknowledged any of the major glitches that caused corruption in Sims 2 unless they were fixing it.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    gettps wrote: »

This, I just had Morgan Fyres died overheating indoor after showering and in a cold temperature, I ignored the warning thinking the game just glitched out and she did died shortly after.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    This, I just had Morgan Fyres died overheating indoor after showering and in a cold temperature, I ignored the warning thinking the game just glitched out and she did died shortly after.

To keep your sims from dying, you could just cheat and give them the perks that make them immune to cold and heat. The way I see it, I have no problem using cheats to prevent a flaw in the game from keeping me from playing.

I've been working with them for months on this. Sent screen-shots, save games, lots that were effected, along with a lot of other users reporting the same thing. I can only "assume" they're working on it. The only thing I can do is keep giving them information. Hopefully they'll figure it out someday.

In the meantime, I keep searching for workarounds. I wrote a mod once that got rid of the "Chilled" problem, but my mod broke after the last patch. My sims switching to cold weather gear inside only happens on two-story buildings, and I can't find a work-around so I'm going to have to stop using two-story homes.

The most recent patch has started sims randomly unable to finish writing certain books. The only thing I can do is scrap the book if it happens. Dozens of users have reported the same thing along with me.

Now with the Freelancer bugs, I'm really starting to get annoyed with all these bugs. It's greatly effecting how I play.

When I saw the Gardening bugs, I actually uninstalled Seasons for ages until I wrote a mod that made it bearable. If new bugs keep cropping up and they don't fix the existing ones, I don't know if I'm going to keep playing.