Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Any body knew if there's a mod out there that could make sims intentionally invisible? Wanted to do some special effects like ghosts moving stuff
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited April 2019
    @InfraGreen - I’m so sorry for your loss. 😩 It’s never, ever easy saying goodbye to a much loved dog, and I know what a massive hole they can leave in your heart when they go. They know how to live a great life every moment, but they never live long enough. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Try to take care of yourself and remember the awesome times, wags, and funny moments you had with Bud. *hugs*
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    So I'm really sad to share my last ever photo of Bud. I know news about him in the Lounge has been sparse for a while but until today, he was old and declining but hanging in there until today.

20190427_102543.jpg?w=676&h=380

Even two weeks ago he was pattering around the deck at my birthday party and amusing guests, even if he didn't really know they were there. He died peacefully today and of course I wrote up a little Bud obituary. I've talked to a lot of simlit friends about it already and he felt a little like a pet to many of them. I want Bud to be remembered for the absolute legend he is. He was goofy, cute, and defied death countless times in his life.

Many condolences and much love to you and your family, @InfraGreen , Trip. I know he was a stalwart friend and great family member, and I would not be at all surprised if you were to meet him in another form some day. When that happens, he'll remember you ! Losing our four-legged family members can sometimes be the toughest grief. When you need kindness, or laughs, we'll be here for you in the Lounge ,
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    how do I show (besides in pictures) about a character's true colours? since I need words for it and I can't think of them. It's going to be during the wedding night of Step-father to my Gen 4 heiress Elizabeth.

Sometimes actions can reveal a character or person's true colors. Things they say can, too .

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    So I'm really sad to share my last ever photo of Bud. I know news about him in the Lounge has been sparse for a while but until today, he was old and declining but hanging in there until today.

20190427_102543.jpg?w=676&h=380

Even two weeks ago he was pattering around the deck at my birthday party and amusing guests, even if he didn't really know they were there. He died peacefully today and of course I wrote up a little Bud obituary. I've talked to a lot of simlit friends about it already and he felt a little like a pet to many of them. I want Bud to be remembered for the absolute legend he is. He was goofy, cute, and defied death countless times in his life.

@InfraGreen I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find comfort in all of the sweet memories that you have of him. My thoughts are with you. <3
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @sweetnightingale the one silver lining to this is that my dad and I now have a reason to go through his 13 years of photos and videos. Bud was never a pretty cocker spaniel or photogenic but him looking slovenly and disinterested in photos is the essence of Bud.

Xs9noqM.png

@CathyTea one day I'll be ready for another dumb cocker. <3 If nothing else, I'm not grieving for someone who was taken too soon. Unfortunately 2018 took away two cousins of mine at the ages of "far too young" and it's hard to stop thinking of what they missed out on. Bud missed out on nothing! And he was probably revered as a wise elder among other dogs who met him.

@mamasquirrel thank you, he is always gonna be this house's top dog! Funny enough all my friends' dog's antics have been keeping me afloat. I'm sad about Bud but happier for the continued presence of dogs in the world.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    @sweetnightingale the one silver lining to this is that my dad and I now have a reason to go through his 13 years of photos and videos. Bud was never a pretty cocker spaniel or photogenic but him looking slovenly and disinterested in photos is the essence of Bud.

Xs9noqM.png

@CathyTea one day I'll be ready for another dumb cocker. <3 If nothing else, I'm not grieving for someone who was taken too soon. Unfortunately 2018 took away two cousins of mine at the ages of "far too young" and it's hard to stop thinking of what they missed out on. Bud missed out on nothing! And he was probably revered as a wise elder among other dogs who met him.

@mamasquirrel thank you, he is always gonna be this house's top dog! Funny enough all my friends' dog's antics have been keeping me afloat. I'm sad about Bud but happier for the continued presence of dogs in the world.

@InfraGreen You're welcome! I agree, the world is much happier with dogs in it.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    how do I show (besides in pictures) about a character's true colours? since I need words for it and I can't think of them. It's going to be during the wedding night of Step-father to my Gen 4 heiress Elizabeth.

What do you mean by true colors?
    If it's their true personalities, I usually do that by confronting them with the problem correlates to their true personalities or in the similar shade of it.
    Or maybe you're talking about eye/skin color?

@AkramA and @CathyTea basically this level of basically the uncomfortable level is like WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!! for Elizabeth (my former Gen 4 heiress and the abused new wife of her daughters' step-father) that to prevent the step-father from during
    undesirable
    things to her daughters she's going giving up control of the entire household to him- she has to quit her job, the daughters the drama club they both enjoy, and they all have to get a make-over to more represent their status oh and he has to be made a full "Duke" not a "Duke consort" (I made that up just now but since Elizabeth is only a Duchess...)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    5.5 chapter!!
    VDlgqYb.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    So sorry for your loss, @InfraGreen.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member

Xs9noqM.png

It’s awesome that you have those pictures to remember him. When my dog, Charlie died, it was the era before digital photography, and I didn’t take a lot of film pictures. I wish I had more of him.

My Goldies send you some big, sloppy kisses and feathery tail wags. I’m glad you have your other friends’ dogs to be able to enjoy and that they are keeping you going. The world is definitely a much better place with dogs in it.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i might get to write today. my game was glitchy but appears fixed. now i just have to figure out why alec and anthony hate each other.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Dropping by a KCLKF update...

screenshot-1126.jpg?w=474&h=356
    1.70, Pt. 2: Kerosene
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    yeah i got writing time. then i turned in to cathtea and spammed the thread. :) she knows i <3 her.
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Even tho we still have one more day to sub for April ... I thought some of you might want a slightly early peek at this <3

#MonthlySimLitShortStoryChallenge

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge May 2019 Theme
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'll have to check that out. No guarantee I'll write for May. I'm already feeling the will to write leave again even though I tried really hard to not let that happen.

I think I've got post partem depression pretty bad this pregnancy... *Forces smile* gotta keep moving forward though and not give up.
  • Options
    had a weird kidnapping dream but it outdid my kidnapping dreams from the 10/11 years ago
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    I'll have to check that out. No guarantee I'll write for May. I'm already feeling the will to write leave again even though I tried really hard to not let that happen.

I think I've got post partem depression pretty bad this pregnancy... *Forces smile* gotta keep moving forward though and not give up.

The writing you produced in April was amazing, deeper and richer! I hope you feel really proud of what you accomplished. I feel so grateful I got to read it. Made my life richer and pulled me through some self-doubts and moments of low confidence.

• Options
    https://friendsfan36.wordpress.com/2019/04/30/my-girlfriend-anika

new chapter . i debated whether or not to write it. now anthony ayden and adrien gang up on me. 3 against 1 is not fair. :)
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member

new chapter . i debated whether or not to write it. now anthony ayden and adrien gang up on me. 3 against 1 is not fair. :)

They're rebelling against their creator :o
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    rednenemon wrote: »

They're rebelling against their creator :o

i was just scared about writing it. as usual i got in a situation i never wrote before. did i mention they love doing that not just theese guys but all of them.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Shadami wrote: »

The writing you produced in April was amazing, deeper and richer! I hope you feel really proud of what you accomplished. I feel so grateful I got to read it. Made my life richer and pulled me through some self-doubts and moments of low confidence.

Oh Cathy I'm touched. <3
    I am happy that I accomplished as much as I did, even though I didn't reach the end goal I wanted.

I've been fighting the turmoil of pregnancy hormones. My husband got injured and had to leave his former job just as we were getting a financial advisor so we could get a house. Which we desperately need right now because we're soon to be a family of five. And our current landlord.... Well isn't where we want to be.

We're struggling right now to get an income and finish off the house searching because we just have rotten luck.

And... Well honestly I'm trying to figure out how to handle the news that this will be my last child.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    https://friendsfan36.wordpress.com/2019/05/01/excited-and-nervous

cathtea probably in eso so i'm spamming the thread for her. this chapter i'm excited about cause i actully did "look it up"

Post edited by friendsfan367 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top