Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited April 2019
    Rockannie wrote: »
    AkramA wrote: »
    Finally finished reinstalling sims 4, I'm so excited to play and realized that I need to update my mods

Out of curiosity what would everyone say are their must-have mods?

I'd also say UI Cheats, NPCC, LittleMsSam's mods and Sacrificial's mods. I probably have hundreds of mods and I think they are must-haves in my opinion, but they do slow my game down. I also can't live without custom nails, Kijiko's eyelashes, default eye replacers and the adult skin overlays and details, but that's more on the CC side.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    KawaiiStacie's Mods are also good. I'm more of a Sims 3'er, but I'm building back my Mods collection for Sims 4.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hey everyone! I have released a new chapter of Nightshade today which you can read here! :)
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »
    Finally finished reinstalling sims 4, I'm so excited to play and realized that I need to update my mods

Out of curiosity what would everyone say are their must-have mods?

MCCC for story progression and other util
    search sim info for research
    Cheat stuff for cheating
    random traits and aspiration

Definitely the mod that I love the most that was unexpected was the trait randomizer lol
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Opps... behind with the updates again. My kid sister had her baby so I'm an auntie again! Woot!

Now onto Kass updates... crazy llamacorns! I've got 9! Instead of posting all of them here (and these are chapter updates over the month), I'm dropping the link to my thread here on the forums. :)

Enjoy!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Dumb question, but im going to ask anyway

Tomorrow my new computer will be arriving (finally! My current one is like 7 years old :s ). I know I will have to move all my files and stuff, but do I have to re-install sims 4 if I log into the same origin account? Should I re install first and then move the sims files?

I'm super nervous about losing all my story content!
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Dumb question, but im going to ask anyway

Tomorrow my new computer will be arriving (finally! My current one is like 7 years old :s ). I know I will have to move all my files and stuff, but do I have to re-install sims 4 if I log into the same origin account? Should I re install first and then move the sims files?

I'm super nervous about losing all my story content!

I just reinstalled my sims too and the one i copied was only the one in EA documents after reinstalling. But I always make backup first just to be safe
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    testing
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    new chapter!!
    Ar4ml3f.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MamaSimMachoMamaSimMacho Posts: 31 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

@CathyTea - I'm kinda late to the party (very usual for me, haha), but I'm very interested in this SimLists thing that everyone is talking about. Could you or someone give me a rundown on what it is and how it works (I'm SO behind on this thread)? that would be so helpful, and I'd be eternally grateful. :) I hope you are doing well and enjoying some beautiful weather.

@sweetnightingale Hiya! The list that people are talking about is the one on the first post of the Writers' Lounge, and you've been on it for a few years! :)

@MamaSimMacho and @Dollyllama108 - I've got you both listed now, too!

Cheers!

Thank you, thank you @CathyTea !!

• Mama •
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    today i continue my quest to pair off the remaining bender kids . so far one has been told its hopeless.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    today i continue my quest to pair off the remaining bender kids . so far one has been told its hopeless.

If it was the love guru who told her that, don't listen !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

it was anthony. i'm telling him you called him a girl.lol.
  • Options

i use the well. poor anthony hes the sensitive one. i mean it worked out cause the well was nicer today but he was in tears yesterday.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited April 2019

At first I read that last word as 'topless' and went :|
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    So I'm really sad to share my last ever photo of Bud. I know news about him in the Lounge has been sparse for a while but until today, he was old and declining but hanging in there until today.

20190427_102543.jpg?w=676&h=380

Even two weeks ago he was pattering around the deck at my birthday party and amusing guests, even if he didn't really know they were there. He died peacefully today and of course I wrote up a little Bud obituary. I've talked to a lot of simlit friends about it already and he felt a little like a pet to many of them. I want Bud to be remembered for the absolute legend he is. He was goofy, cute, and defied death countless times in his life.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    rednenemon wrote: »

i edited him today . he used to look like noel but darker now he looks like he did in the last version minus the white shirt black jacket and whatever the red pants were. he is wearing clothes. i just couldn't find the ones from last time.
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    So I'm really sad to share my last ever photo of Bud. I know news about him in the Lounge has been sparse for a while but until today, he was old and declining but hanging in there until today.

20190427_102543.jpg?w=676&h=380

Even two weeks ago he was pattering around the deck at my birthday party and amusing guests, even if he didn't really know they were there. He died peacefully today and of course I wrote up a little Bud obituary. I've talked to a lot of simlit friends about it already and he felt a little like a pet to many of them. I want Bud to be remembered for the absolute legend he is. He was goofy, cute, and defied death countless times in his life.

so sorry trip. its been a while since i had a dog my family had 2 at once the last time i lived with my parents one died of stroke then almost right after he died we found out to late the other had cancer .he died while mom and dad were trying to get him in the car. to be put to sleep. cause the other dog was sick it was to much money to save him when they realized something was wrong

bud is probably telling all his new friends about all the adventures you 2 had. i know that sounds weird but i like to think of hevan like that.
  • Options

i don't have that mod right now :p
  • Options

i'm now wondering why you said girl. the only girl in this generation is paired with the only boy who gets her. lol i just had to get them all paired up so i could write it. probably tonight. my babies aren't babies anymore. :'(
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @friendsfan367: losing dogs is the worst! Money was never an issue with taking care of Bud, thankfully. We refused some treatments due to not being sure how he could take it (he had a cancerous growth on his eye since last year but putting a then 16 year-old dog through chemo sounded cruel) Otherwise we used our money to feed him well. He had to be moved to a more expensive soft food in his last years.

Bud never liked many other dogs but when we first adopted him, a friend of ours at the time got a spaniel puppy and they got along pretty well. I keep wondering if that dog is still alive or not! (We lost contact some time ago, nothing personal) His other friend was a friend's black Lab who is also extremely old but still hanging in there.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @friendsfan367: losing dogs is the worst! Money was never an issue with taking care of Bud, thankfully. We refused some treatments due to not being sure how he could take it (he had a cancerous growth on his eye since last year but putting a then 16 year-old dog through chemo sounded cruel) Otherwise we used our money to feed him well. He had to be moved to a more expensive soft food in his last years.

Bud never liked many other dogs but when we first adopted him, a friend of ours at the time got a spaniel puppy and they got along pretty well. I keep wondering if that dog is still alive or not! (We lost contact some time ago, nothing personal) His other friend was a friend's black Lab who is also extremely old but still hanging in there.

thank youu for sharing. iwas upset eight before reading your post cause the bender kids don't seem old enough to be mated. but they are. compared to bud its silly though.

i'm leaving the mistakes in cause red had fun with that last time. i was on way out the door so it was my last post before meeting mom.
  • Options

my parents had to make that choice too. i think he was 15. they had already spent money trying to get the first dog better. by the time they realized the other was sick it was pretty advanced.
  • Options
    how do I show (besides in pictures) about a character's true colours? since I need words for it and I can't think of them. It's going to be during the wedding night of Step-father to my Gen 4 heiress Elizabeth.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    how do I show (besides in pictures) about a character's true colours? since I need words for it and I can't think of them. It's going to be during the wedding night of Step-father to my Gen 4 heiress Elizabeth.

What do you mean by true colors?
    If it's their true personalities, I usually do that by confronting them with the problem correlates to their true personalities or in the similar shade of it.
    Or maybe you're talking about eye/skin color?
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top