Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    someone made a a cc inspired harry potter pack. pufferheads.

I saw the pack. They even made a board/card game for sims to play which is soooooo good for me when I'm trying to portray groups of dorky tabletop gamers. (This includes Thu and Kari so I obviously cannot mean this as an insult :heart:)

official4_2_orig.png

So adorable .. I DL'd the pack but I am waiting for the patch to try to use my cc

the pack was tested by the creator already everything works. i have it. no issues so far.

theres a patch today?
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Working on a cute mini-challenge from @Simsdoughnut #ReturntotheJungle

The Mother has been defeated (waiting for a bit to post this story) and the troops all hope to step back and relax ... But there is no rest. An assignment has come in .. an interesting volunteer steps forward ..

LFxQc2X.jpg

First update ... An Era of Charming Tales: The Rebellion (Aster Charming) Return to the Jungle #1

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    just for reference what departments are there in governments?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    uhhhhhh google it is my answer? xD or spit out some alphabet soup letters and say yup that's probably one.

also which government are we talking about? My government knowledge is almost nil.
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @MadameLee

Do you refer to the branches of government?
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    @rednenemon yeah @Shadami not any specif one. Since I'm like going to be making up my own.. but I have only one department down.. "Fighting" related (W word)
    6adMCGP.gif
    Well in that case I'm thinking there's government run businesses like the post office. So you could have a mailing branch. There's the military of course. The IRS tax money people. Which... Also deals with accounting stuff of the government itself? Maybe

Ummmm.... There's the welfare people like Medicaid, Medicare, food stuff.
    Tip: If a mysterious puddle appears nowhere near a bathroom on the upper floor deleted the floor to see about hidden sinks..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Hey all! I know I haven't been on here in a hot sec, college life overtook me :o
    I just published the latest chapter in the Star legacy if anyone wants to check it out, let me know what you think :)
    https://rockanniesims.blogspot.com/2019/04/chapter-8-let-is-rain-let-it-pour.html
    There is a spider crawling on my wall and i'm trying not to scream.

On a lighter note. It's time to vote again for my 7 sins story!
    So if people are willing to click this link and vote I'd be super thrilled. :D
    it determines who I control and focus on for a week of game play. ^^
    edited April 2019
    new chapter!! fixed
    mwq8lrc.jpg
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ZiggyHiggyZiggyHiggy Posts: 82 Member
    Hello guys,

I have recently been coming up with some challenges and stories to make a challenges discussion of my own with but I need some help testing these challenges. Anyone want to help? Message me if you do, anyone is welcome to help and I would really appreciate it.
    edited April 2019
    so I was looking for one pose and I discovered 2 Perfect fit poses for the shoe scene in Gen 6.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Hi everyone!

I was thinking about doing another story to write in between Metro. Has anyone here ever written a story set in a different decade? I was going to write one set in the summer of 1999 about a group of roommates living in LA, dreading Y2K (lol). I LOVE that era!

Just need some advice. Would it be difficult to do a story like that? I think I can handle the clothes (already downloaded a bunch of 90s CC, and let's face it....EA outfits always looked a little dated :lol::D . My issues are technology and how I would incorporate things like cameras, payphones, cd players,etc...

Here's the promo I created :)

1ggp44.jpg
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I was thinking about doing another story to write in between Metro. Has anyone here ever written a story set in a different decade? I was going to write one set in the summer of 1999 about a group of roommates living in LA, dreading Y2K (lol). I LOVE that era!

Just need some advice. Would it be difficult to do a story like that? I think I can handle the clothes (already downloaded a bunch of 90s CC, and let's face it....EA outfits always looked a little dated :lol::D . My issues are technology and how I would incorporate things like cameras, payphones, cd players,etc...

Here's the promo I created :)

1ggp44.jpg

What's Y2K? (Sorry if that's a stupid question.)
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    It translates to the Year 2000.

Basically back then people were freaking out because computers were not meant to store data past 1999 ( i think that's what happened). Also, it was a new millennium and it was really exciting back then lol!

THIRTYT(2).png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    It translates to the Year 2000.

Basically back then people were freaking out because computers were not meant to store data past 1999 ( i think that's what happened). Also, it was a new millennium and it was really exciting back then lol!

@Acarb90 I think it could be a really fun story! I worked in IT then, and I remember how freaked out everyone was about the Y2K bug. We thought we might not be able to get our money out of the bank, people might not get paid, and, basically, the information infrastructure would collapse. But programmers worked really hard to put in fixes and transfer data to updated systems, and it went just fine. We did all have to get used to using mm/dd/yyyy whereas previously, we'd just used yy for everything.

With computers, blenders, coffee makers, washer/dryers, tvs, exercise equipment and so on, TS4 offers plenty of modules that look like 90s appliances and technology. Just avoid those that don't. And I think they've got plenty of fashion, too, if you need more than what you got through CC.

It would be fun to read that story! Nice decade, the 90s.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    For those who celebrate, Happy Easter! May your day be blessed!
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    edited April 2019
    39OiBmn.png
    Happy Easter to the Writers' Lounge from Onyx and Amelia! (And me, of course!) <3
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    39OiBmn.png
    Happy Easter to the Writers' Lounge from Onyx and Amelia! (And me, of course!) <3

That's beautiful, Squirrel!
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    39OiBmn.png

That's beautiful, Squirrel!

Thank you! <3
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    39OiBmn.png

@squirrelwithacup That is adorable! Love it!
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    39OiBmn.png

Wow beautiful Sims !! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top